PDA

View Full Version : Patch for the missing artifact descriptions

sfidanza
05-17-2006, 03:38 PM
As you may have noticed if playing with the english version, some (7) artifacts descriptions are missing. All you have to do to get them back is to follow these steps:

1. Download the file:
http://www.dagobah.sitefr.info/heroes5/Missing_Artifacts_Desc_en.pak

2. Put it in the data/ folder inside H5 install folder (the one with data.pak, ...)

3. That's all. Launch the game, it should work.

Note that the file is nothing else than a zip file containing the missing descriptions.
If you notice any other missing content, report it.

Edit [07/06/06]: The 1.1 patch is just out, and, thanks God (well, Nival actually), fixes those descriptions. Thus, I'm marking that mod as obsolete, and will remove the file from the above location.
For any mod related search, you can now check this page:
http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes5/mods_and_fixes.shtml

sfidanza
05-17-2006, 03:38 PM
As you may have noticed if playing with the english version, some (7) artifacts descriptions are missing. All you have to do to get them back is to follow these steps:

1. Download the file:
http://www.dagobah.sitefr.info/heroes5/Missing_Artifacts_Desc_en.pak

2. Put it in the data/ folder inside H5 install folder (the one with data.pak, ...)

3. That's all. Launch the game, it should work.

Note that the file is nothing else than a zip file containing the missing descriptions.
If you notice any other missing content, report it.

Edit [07/06/06]: The 1.1 patch is just out, and, thanks God (well, Nival actually), fixes those descriptions. Thus, I'm marking that mod as obsolete, and will remove the file from the above location.
For any mod related search, you can now check this page:
http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes5/mods_and_fixes.shtml

unreal_az
05-17-2006, 03:47 PM
I know the description are missing my problem is are the atributes there too?
I mean do the artifacts give any bonuses?

sfidanza
05-18-2006, 06:22 AM
Yes, that was working already. Only the descriptions were missing.

akrav
05-18-2006, 06:30 AM
ye without the decriptions I figured out how some of them worked, by taking them off and on and checking the discrepancies in stats.

Revnger
05-26-2006, 04:26 AM
Something I noticed on one of the items without a description, the Ring of Caution, it had both positive and negative effects. In other games I have played artifacts that had negative effects attached did not have descriptions, you put it on and found out at your own risk, so, do we know with certainty they screwed up and left them off? Or were they trying to be creative?

akrav
05-26-2006, 04:28 AM
the next patch is adding the names, so most likely they forgot about it.

Revnger
05-26-2006, 05:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by akrav:
the next patch is adding the names, so most likely they forgot about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or they overestimated their customer bases intelligence.

Revnger
05-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Taking a closer look at it it seems EVERY missing description is from an item that has a negative effect, I am having a harder time believing it is a fluke. I believe they planned it that way.

Labyrinth
05-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks alot, sfidanza! -- patch applied.

carlton2
05-26-2006, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Revnger:
Taking a closer look at it it seems EVERY missing description is from an item that has a negative effect, I am having a harder time believing it is a fluke. I believe they planned it that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha. Except the lack of a description is a giveaway too. Oops, no description! Better no wear it. It's a bug, and the russian version of the game already has the newer descriptions.

Most games now adays have to go to "localization" to get the text translated. US was probably the biggest release (# of CD/DVD's Produced) so it had to start the earliest. Some strings were not yet inputted. While a smaller market (like Russia) which had to produce a smaller amount of CD/DVD's, could wait more time before pressing them. Waiting longer means more.

It's already been mentioned that this will be in the first patch.

sfidanza
05-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Those description were in the demo. That's where I took them (+checked the effects for any change, of course).

As for the plot theory:
- the Windstrider Boots only give +1 unit speed.
- the Cursed Waistband gives -2 luck to enemies
- the Ring of Celerity gives +10% to all units' initiative during combat
- the Necromancer's Helm gives +2 knowledge

That's 4 out of 7. Sorry.