PDA

View Full Version : DX9 Compatible

archer49d
03-04-2005, 07:57 PM
I looked further into this topic as I know one of the computers I wanted to play SH3 on doesn't have a DX9 compatible video card... However I have Rome Total War installed on it and it runs safeley in full detail at 20 FPS (not great but good). RTW required DX9 compatibility, since my computer doesn't have a card that is, but it still runs the game will this prove true for SH3?

JG27_Arklight
03-04-2005, 08:22 PM
It "may" function, but you will definately lose some of the effects (water related, etc..).

Tough call though.

archer49d
03-04-2005, 08:28 PM
That's good to know, I thought it would pull an "Enter the Matrix" on me, which my friend told me was something like...

"Sorry your video card it is a GeForce 3, I don't like it, make it go away"

JG27_Arklight
03-04-2005, 08:44 PM
I suppose that SHIII might have shaders or some other effects that are "built-in" and therefore cannot be shut off, but as of now, that is still a toss up.

wolfh2o
03-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Looks to me the game requires a video card with atleast Pixel Shader 1.0 (for the water system mainly but applied to other things aswell) That starts at GF3 and up on the Nvidia(with the exception of the useless POS card the GF4MX) side and Radeon 8500 on the ATI side.

archer49d
03-04-2005, 10:15 PM
I found a cool program for those who don't have Pixelshader 1 available, like my poor laptop I use for work, it's called 3d-Analyze, anyone heard of it, from playing around with it I see it is possible to "force" pixelshader emulation or to disable it entirely (emulation odviously not being as good as hardware) but it would get the job done on a cross country flight for me.