PDA

View Full Version : My friend works at Ubisoft..Gonna ask why no feedback here

JackDeagon
10-24-2011, 02:29 AM
My friend works at Ubisoft and I am going to be asking him why we are not getting any company feedback of anykind here..It seems to me this should be a place that they should constantly be monitoring, and at least be blowing smoke up our arses with feedback of some sort..We are free minded opinionated customers, they should be begging for feedback from us right??

JackDeagon
10-24-2011, 02:29 AM
My friend works at Ubisoft and I am going to be asking him why we are not getting any company feedback of anykind here..It seems to me this should be a place that they should constantly be monitoring, and at least be blowing smoke up our arses with feedback of some sort..We are free minded opinionated customers, they should be begging for feedback from us right??

Tiran_Kenja
10-24-2011, 03:04 AM
Seems like the Facebook page is where they have been talking to the community so far. But then the forum wasn't created until release day.

geoffprickett
10-24-2011, 05:37 AM
Good. Thanks!

JackDeagon
10-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Ok, I contacted him with email...BTW he works in Quality Assurance...I just received a response to my thread from Ubisoft...Ubisoft is IN the house now.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rednhax
10-24-2011, 03:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tiran_Kenja:
Seems like the Facebook page is where they have been talking to the community so far. But then the forum wasn't created until release day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wish they used Twitter instead, a lot of people prefer it to facebook.

JackDeagon
10-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Well, I'm an adult, so I won't be using either Twitter or Facebook to contact Ubisoft...I don't even want a dumb screen name/nick name...I just came to the Rocksmith forum on Ubisofts website expecting this to be the main vein of info, help, advice, and upcoming news.

Why in the world would they use Facebook instead of their own site?? That sounds ******ed, I will never be looking at their Facebook, actually never would of thought to even look there, but I am 1000% interested in playing with Rocksmith and learning more about it.

JackDeagon
10-24-2011, 03:33 PM
The first line in the top thread...

"Welcome to the Rocksmith forums. Your one stop shop for Rocksmtih discussions and general community rockery."

One stop means one stop...NOT go look at Facebook to find out our upcoming news...I assume

stee36
10-24-2011, 05:18 PM
I agree - I shouldn't have to go to the Rock Band forums for Rocksmith discussion! Ubisoft needs to take a lesson from the Harmonix playbook on this and work to build a strong internal community as well as utilize social media.

JackDeagon
10-24-2011, 05:51 PM
HAHA I've been reading their forums as well regarding Rocksmith..But I won't post...I'm choosing to support Rocksmith hoping it will be successful...And they will build and build a solid Rocksmith community..Or people will lose interest

Hopefully CircusMidget can keep it going and they will keep us up to date...Why does Rockband.com know the upcoming Rocksmith DLC tracks but we here have a Ubisoft employee..I will be extremely upset if Rockband.com has this info correct and it was not shared here FIRST.

Seriously, if Rockband.com has more info than the Ubisoft employee assigned to the Ubisoft Rocksmith forum...Well, lets assume I'm jumping to a conclusion, I couldn't imagine them being so dang disrespectful to their customers who have already spent the money by commmunicating through Harmonix's Rock Band forum first.

Funk-n-Stein
10-24-2011, 07:09 PM
I've been reading the Rockband forum as well, but didn't see any mention of DLC guesses (other than the 2 songs that were pre-buy bonuses.) Can you elaborate?

JackDeagon
10-24-2011, 07:23 PM
They had 4

Allman Brothers - Jessica
The Pixies - Here Comes Your Man
Jack Black - School of Rock (Zachs Song)
Vampire Weekend - Cousins

IndienStrummer
10-24-2011, 07:36 PM
They didn't get those dlc song titles from an official announcement but from a photo of a white board that someone took while they were in the room with the song charters at Ubisoft's offices.

r1chard34
10-26-2011, 11:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JackDeagon:
HAHA I've been reading their forums as well regarding Rocksmith..But I won't post...I'm choosing to support Rocksmith hoping it will be successful...And they will build and build a solid Rocksmith community..Or people will lose interest

Hopefully CircusMidget can keep it going and they will keep us up to date...Why does Rockband.com know the upcoming Rocksmith DLC tracks but we here have a Ubisoft employee..I will be extremely upset if Rockband.com has this info correct and it was not shared here FIRST.

Seriously, if Rockband.com has more info than the Ubisoft employee assigned to the Ubisoft Rocksmith forum...Well, lets assume I'm jumping to a conclusion, I couldn't imagine them being so dang disrespectful to their customers who have already spent the money by commmunicating through Harmonix's Rock Band forum first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There are several game journalist on the RB forum. They do interviews, they get previews, they have good information. I don't think participating in the RB forum hurts the RS effort. If anything it increases the visibility of the game in the RB community.

That said I agree that the Community Manager needs to dial up the company presence in this forum.

JackDeagon
10-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Thank You Richard...I'm not very smooth in my delivery...But you said it perfectly