PDA

View Full Version : Boston looking down on NYC

stalkervision
12-19-2010, 10:17 AM
http://www.thesunchronicle.com...9/sports/8568414.txt (http://www.thesunchronicle.com/articles/2010/12/19/sports/8568414.txt)

"Boston Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein has outmaneuvered the rival New York Yankees this offseason, leaving the boys in the Bronx searching for just about anybody to take their money."

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/content/articles/2010/12/19/sports/8568414.jpg

stalkervision
12-19-2010, 10:17 AM
http://www.thesunchronicle.com...9/sports/8568414.txt (http://www.thesunchronicle.com/articles/2010/12/19/sports/8568414.txt)

"Boston Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein has outmaneuvered the rival New York Yankees this offseason, leaving the boys in the Bronx searching for just about anybody to take their money."

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/content/articles/2010/12/19/sports/8568414.jpg

GoToAway
12-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Oh, sports.

I was going to say that Boston really has no room to be critical. They're both horrible places to live.

knightflyte
12-19-2010, 01:33 PM
As an addition to the money/contracts the Red Sox signed, I think the Yanks dealings with Jeeter may hurt them in the long run too. What should have remained private was made a bit too public concerning his contract discussions. To have a team treat the proverbial face of their franchise seems a bit under handed and may cause prospective players to look elsewhere.

I love the rivalry between the Yanks and Sox. Maybe this year we have enough in our tank to outlast that NY team.

knightflyte
12-19-2010, 01:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GoToAway:
Oh, sports.

I was going to say that Boston really has no room to be critical. They're both horrible places to live. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now THAT'S unexpected. Somehow I imagined you perfectly at home there... at least in Boston (certain areas not withstanding).

GoToAway
12-19-2010, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:
Now THAT'S unexpected. Somehow I imagined you perfectly at home there... at least in Boston (certain areas not withstanding). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>NYC just barely ekes past Boston as the worst place to live in the Northeast in my opinion.

I've (unfortunately) spent plenty of time in both places. My standing policy is to visit neither unless absolutely essential. They're dirty (particularly if you happen to take a wrong turn in NYC and reach one of the areas that very closely resemble scenes in Blackhawk Down,) congested, the traffic is absurd, and the people are outright rude and hostile (presumably because they have to deal with the aforementioned conditions on a daily basis. I'd be angry, too.)

I prefer to see both cities from a distance. They have very nice skylines.

The only part of MA that I can say that I really care for is Berkshire county. The yuppies can keep the coast.

knightflyte
12-19-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm not the city type, so both cities would be on my do not live list, but there are areas of Boston that I find nice, and if I had to would settle there. I've visited and spent several visits in the Big Apple. Wouldn't want to live there for the noise and density of population.

I guess I figured you more metropolitan and would be at home in the cities mentioned.

stalkervision
12-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Tough game tonight for the Pats. very cold it appears.

I knew it would be tough playing the Green bay Packers of course. They're always tough.

knightflyte
12-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Bellichik took blame for not having the team prepared. The way they played I could tell they were mentally absent. I think Brady got stung bad in the 1st quarter and it took him a bit to bounce back. Execution of the defense was spotty at best, but still provided 7 points and a critical turnover. Again, uncharacteristic penalties showed how mentally unprepared they were. The offense didn't support the defense as shown by the 2 to 1 margin of possession that GB enjoyed.

On the other hand GB's coach put Flynn in perfect position to win the game with a good scheme, and very good defense. Kudos to Flynn. No one expected it. I'm glad he got to play as well as he did in front of his dad.

M_Gunz
12-20-2010, 06:06 AM
If you don't like NYC and Boston then you can go live in DC instead.

Who throws more money into baseball than the Yankees? And they lost another promising player to the Phils because of how bad the Yankee fans treated an opposing teams wives... they spit on them during the game. That's noo yawk foh ya!

stalkervision
12-20-2010, 06:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:
Bellichik took blame for not having the team prepared. The way they played I could tell they were mentally absent. I think Brady got stung bad in the 1st quarter and it took him a bit to bounce back. Execution of the defense was spotty at best, but still provided 7 points and a critical turnover. Again, uncharacteristic penalties showed how mentally unprepared they were. The offense didn't support the defense as shown by the 2 to 1 margin of possession that GB enjoyed.

On the other hand GB's coach put Flynn in perfect position to win the game with a good scheme, and very good defense. Kudos to Flynn. No one expected it. I'm glad he got to play as well as he did in front of his dad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed. the Pats were really off last night.

great run by Dan Connolly though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

GoToAway
12-20-2010, 07:54 AM
I'm not the city type, so both cities would be on my do not live list, but there are areas of Boston that I find nice, and if I had to would settle there. I've visited and spent several visits in the Big Apple. Wouldn't want to live there for the noise and density of population.

I guess I figured you more metropolitan and would be at home in the cities mentioned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not at all. I've spent time in a few cities that I didn't mind terribly (Missoula, MT and Kansas City come to mind immediately,) but I would never willingly live in an area where wilderness was nonexistent.

horseback
12-20-2010, 09:46 AM
You think Missoula is a city?

Wow, you really are a liberal.

cheers

horseback

GoToAway
12-20-2010, 10:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by horseback:
You think Missoula is a city?

Wow, you really are a liberal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, exactly.

By Montana standards, it is. It's a built up area with high population density and its own commercial airport.

What determines a "city" is entirely subjective. If you're going to use Tokyo as a benchmark, then only NY, LA, and Chicago really qualify as "cities" in the US.

knightflyte
12-20-2010, 08:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stalkervision:

On the other hand GB's coach put Flynn in perfect position to win the game with a good scheme, and very good defense. Kudos to Flynn. No one expected it. I'm glad he got to play as well as he did in front of his dad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

great run by Dan Connolly though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Teams will be kicking away from him from now on.

stalkervision
12-20-2010, 08:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stalkervision:

great run by Dan Connolly though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Teams will be kicking away from him from now on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'll have to change his number and be a stealth threat. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I found it awful funny that Green Bay's plans backfired that time.