PDA

View Full Version : GeForce 8600M GT still get ps_1_x error

Blues_Monkey
12-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Hello I have read just about every topic on this but this is somewhat different. Let me lay down my information I have.

I am running on a Macbook Pro with Windows XP installed on Parallels. Now I do not know if I need to completely refind every single driver for my components for windows xp.

Specs:
Graphics: GeForce 8600M GT 256MB
RAM: 2 Gigs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz = 4.8 GHz

What will load.
My game starts then when I load up the mission it will start loading, and then stop right when it should be done. It freezes and gives me the ps_1_x error along with the other error that goes along with it I will edit this once I can write it down. Now I should have the correct specs with this computer. I am running windows and I have much better specs than my other PC laptop and it will install but is seriously lagged out. If anyone has any mac knowledge it would be much apreciated especially in running windows on a mac computer.

Blues_Monkey
12-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Hello I have read just about every topic on this but this is somewhat different. Let me lay down my information I have.

I am running on a Macbook Pro with Windows XP installed on Parallels. Now I do not know if I need to completely refind every single driver for my components for windows xp.

Specs:
Graphics: GeForce 8600M GT 256MB
RAM: 2 Gigs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz = 4.8 GHz

What will load.
My game starts then when I load up the mission it will start loading, and then stop right when it should be done. It freezes and gives me the ps_1_x error along with the other error that goes along with it I will edit this once I can write it down. Now I should have the correct specs with this computer. I am running windows and I have much better specs than my other PC laptop and it will install but is seriously lagged out. If anyone has any mac knowledge it would be much apreciated especially in running windows on a mac computer.

pookapotamus
01-15-2008, 12:45 PM
sorry blue you might be the only one here that is trying to run shiv on a mac.

hopefully one of the more experienced techies here can help you out.

tambor198
01-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Just out of curiosity, blue, when you load up a mission are you playing in campaign mode or trying to run a single mission? Also, what mods are you running if any?

Minoos
01-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Blues_monkey,

Your game complains about Pixel Shader.
Try the advise from the Parallel forum:
http://forums.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=18737