PDA

View Full Version : crashes when loading saved games

warlok1956
02-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Has anyone else had the problem of not being able to load their saved games. I have found that when a saved game hit 25MB it will never load again. The game crashes out to windows with an eror about "messagenet.dll" (whatever that is) This game has got to be he buggiest I have aver had the misfortune to buy

warlok1956
02-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Has anyone else had the problem of not being able to load their saved games. I have found that when a saved game hit 25MB it will never load again. The game crashes out to windows with an eror about "messagenet.dll" (whatever that is) This game has got to be he buggiest I have aver had the misfortune to buy

Maverick_U2007
02-18-2008, 04:59 AM
Welcome to the forum and don't get disheartened, there are people here who will help you out.

First off, most of the 'bugs' have been ironed out with the latest patch, have you installed that ...v 1.4.

If you have post your computer specs and we will get you up and running,.........hopefully!

Maverick

warlok1956
03-02-2008, 01:33 AM
System consists of:
Intel Dual Core 6700 @2.66 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia Geoforce 8800GTS video
Creative Audigy sound card
Seagate 2GB hard drives
Win XP with Service pack 2

Mik_645
03-03-2008, 01:51 AM
This has been up before.Try editing messages in"savedata.rmr" Go to My Documents and find folder SH4. SH4\data\cfg\SaveGames The highest number is last game saved. Find game you are having trouble with and open the SaveData RMR file with notepad and delete all messages from bottom up leaving at least the top entry in place and save the file. I got this from someone else and it works for me. Let us know how you go.

OMNl
03-10-2008, 01:16 AM
Anyone know a fix for Vista this one takes me to log files and doesnt take me to any saved game lookin stuff.

You guys that mod prolly find this funny but for some one who just wants to play a freakin game unhindered this really sux.

yeah, yeah systems specs ;
Windows Vista home premium 32 bit
Intel quadcore 6600 2.4G
Nvidia8800GT 512m
Sound blaster X-fi extreme gamer
16xDVD
3G DDR2 SDRAM
250G HD

Current bugs :
1. Low crew voice volumes(semi-worked around with sys and Sound card volumes)

2. Repetitive crew speach( active )

3. Save file corruption and inability to load saved games( active)

4. recon missions buggy ( semi active - worked around by reloading saved games, at least before the save file corruption)

I can deal with the other failures but the save file corruption makes it hard to deal with anything since I can't load a saved game or get up the will to start a new career.

OMNl
03-10-2008, 11:31 PM
I deleted the log files just to see and it did NOT work.

I've seen other posts refering to the same bug, its a problem with the game loading large save files. You were lucky and got it to load by probably deleting enough to let it load.
Thanks anyways

alieneddiexxx
03-11-2008, 12:35 AM
Hey Omni, if you've been searcing through the forums, tech help and general discussion, you've probably noticed I have had the same issues. I rarely save now unless I'm in port, and if I do save mid mission, I make sure I am stopped, at night, no where near land with nothing around. On a side note, even though I rarely save mid misson, I have not had a crash load since I installed the U-boat add on up to 1.5 (haven't played u-boats!) and installed TMO. Can't say if either or both have had any impact, or I just don't save mid mission enough to get a crash load.

OMNl
03-11-2008, 03:13 AM
Yeah I saw your posts but that basically means I lose a gato I got on mission 3 with a 55,000 ton run, I would have to start a whole new career. Lose my in harbor save abeam of a flat top and a midget sub to my left.

Also then I would have to go thru that hellish surface-charge-dive to avoid aircraft-surface charge- dive to avoid... thing into Tokyo harbor again.

I saw a post about the battery time being off, or shorter than actual , be nice to stay under just a lil longer if I'm goin to have to start out in open sea every save for the rest of my career.

I don't have alot of time, I play between caring for my termianlly ill Mom, even SH3 allowed me to stop n start where ever I left off. This game gets shelved and no way in heck will I buy the uboat exp. Unless UBI come up with a patch that makes this game do dishes.

Back to Medieval II Kingdoms...

whiterabbit1971
04-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi, sorry for my english I'm from spain.
Whel I have the same problem crashes when loading large saved game but I can play the saved large game.
First I load old saved game, when game is correct loaded, I load again the large saved game and then works OK.
Bye !

Yooperbacker
04-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Hello white rabbit,
I think I figured out what you have to say -
You had problems with loading a large saved game so what you did find out was you would load a small saved game. After it was loaded you would then go to the main menu and load the big saved game and the big saved file would then load.
I have not seen this solution before but it maybe something others might try that are having problems loading saved files.

Hardback
04-07-2008, 12:27 PM
I just had the same problem and tried the above solution

I loaded a working save,"played" it for 5 minutes then loaded the problem save game

Weirdly, it worked!

Yooperbacker
04-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Hello Hardback,
Thanks for letting us know that White Rabbit's solution does work.