PDA

View Full Version : What is you'r favorite splinter cell game?

jbtaylor1
04-15-2006, 12:43 PM

Chimera87
04-15-2006, 12:47 PM
I wasn't aware that the first splinter cell wore that name behind it. Thought it was just Splinter Cell....

jbtaylor1
04-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Well Chimera, while the first splinter cell was known by that name by some, many peaple like yourself did not know that. I learned it after a little investigation. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Eclyps3
04-15-2006, 01:14 PM
If we are talking Single Player, SC1 takes my vote. With both hands.

CellAgent51
04-15-2006, 02:29 PM
Seems pretty split. 4 people voted and each voted for 1 of the four. Original SC all the way for me. That disruptor mode of the pistol in SC:CT makes things too easy. Besides I liked the plot in SC more. I don't know what to think about the 4th one. Guess I'm just a softy when it comes to anything regarding patriotism.

-CA51

jbtaylor1
04-15-2006, 02:45 PM
I would like to thank you all for voting and to answer eclyps3's question, rhitorical or not we are refering to either one: singleplayer or multiplayer. As for the rest of you, thank you for voting and taking the time to make comments. You might also be enterested in some of my other posts, check e'm out if you have the time. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

redneckwreck
04-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by CellAgent51:
Seems pretty split. 4 people voted and each voted for 1 of the four. Original SC all the way for me. That disruptor mode of the pistol in SC:CT makes things too easy. Besides I liked the plot in SC more. I don't know what to think about the 4th one. Guess I'm just a softy when it comes to anything regarding patriotism.

-CA51

You don't have to use the disruptor. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Jaraz
04-15-2006, 03:24 PM
For single player the original Splinter Cell was amazing, especially for its time. But as a total package I have to vote Pandora Tomorrow simply because that is the greatest multiplayer game every made. It had much better maps then Chaos Theory (ie, hospital, cinema, vertigo). Though the map editor in Chaos was a blast too bad it came out so late in Pandora's life.

Spartan_M.A.D.
04-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Chimera87:
I wasn't aware that the first splinter cell wore that name behind it. Thought it was just Splinter Cell....
I'm not sure if it was meant to be part of the actual name, but it is stated there on the box. Just like the original Halo had "Combat Evolved" under it on the box so now some people will call it by that name.

jbtaylor1
04-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Spartan_M.A.D.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chimera87:
I'm not sure if it was meant to be part of the actual name, but it is stated there on the box. Just like the original Halo had "Combat Evolved" under it on the box so now some people will call it by that name. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> That's right Spartan M.A.D: That's exactly what I meant, it was most likely written as a subtitle, but in the confusion many peaple got sidetracked. Thank you for posting and helping clear this one up. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

SCDuRiN
04-16-2006, 04:53 AM
Splintercell Pandora Tomorrow, simply amazing.

Darkeye321
04-16-2006, 04:54 AM
SCCT

clansman1989
04-16-2006, 06:41 AM
SPCT because of all the cool new stealth moves and the rage dall falls look cool, because you can now drop them of stuff, it looks funny and cool doing it lol

Knot3D
04-16-2006, 07:11 AM
Splinter Cell 1 on Xbox.

The setting, the leveldesign, the atmosphere. The '1 alert = mission over' fact. The lack of quicksave = good. Kola & Vselka Missions.

The overall 3D character modeling was imho best in SC1 as well.

ffej071
04-16-2006, 10:13 AM
chaos theory...that game rocks!

Captain_123
04-16-2006, 10:51 AM
i voted SC1 just because it brought about everything a game should be. It brought in the main line with a few loose ends (soon tied up in kola cell) and a bit of fisher's personal life. that was a nice touch with his Personal life. It allowed the gamers to really get to know the character they are playing as. PT and CT were good but PT barely put in any personal life and put in only the job of being a splinter cell. CT there were to many jokes and wise cracks it really ruined the whole experience (for me).

Terrax213
04-17-2006, 09:14 AM
SC1, with PT a very close 2nd, and CT a very distant 3rd.

sillyfish101
04-17-2006, 09:16 AM
honestly, i enjoyed all of them. But i liked the co-op which choas theory offerd..

cellfan88
04-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Yeah I think Splinter Cell 1 is the best. PT was really great, and CT was good as well, but CT just didn't seem to have the magic that the first two had.

Weeoo86
04-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Wow we like CT better! lol. Naw I agree CT is muuuuuuch better than any SC game out now (that is until DA comes out). But yest CT has a good storyline but not quite as good as the first and second one......but shoot is plays muuuuch better than the predecessors. Anyway yes I'm very excited about DA.

vega13
04-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Eclyps3:
If we are talking Single Player, SC1 takes my vote. With both hands.

While eclyps3 gives SC1 both hands, I give SC1 both hands and both feet. I never even played it, that's how good it is.

Globe.48
04-18-2006, 06:31 AM
PT. Only drawback was the unbalanced and buggy MP, that still rocked. I don't bother about the relatively small SP. It's just that PT's worst mission, the one capturing Sadono (IMO) was better than the best missions of SC (Presidental palace) and CT (Hokkaido). It was very nice when the SP gave a great backstory to multiplayer, the reason why the spies and mercs do what they do.

I.S.F-Dixxhead
04-18-2006, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Terrax213:
SC1, with PT a very close 2nd, and CT a very distant 3rd.

More or less my opinion, but CT is not really that bad. It just didn't have the same perfect atmosphere as the pt and 1 sc had. If it wasn't for the fact that pt had such a bad ubi support i had voted it nr.1 (buggy mp, but still amazingly fun.)

jbtaylor1
04-19-2006, 02:45 PM
Opps. I forgot to name my favorite game. I love Splintercell chaos theory and Pandora tommorow, but I have to say the original game because it set the standard for stealth action today. It raised the bar three times higher. It single handedly delivered the xbox to gamer's home's everywhere. I remember reading a preview of the original Splintercell in a magazine, and I said to myself, this is going to be a great game. And I was right. In short terms, the original Splintercell is the reason I bought an xbox. And thousands of gamers can say the same! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Terrax213
04-19-2006, 02:48 PM
I bought Splinter Cell because I remembered a friend of mine a year or so earlier talking about this badass game on the PS2 he'd played called "Splinter Cell." The way he described it sounded pretty good, so I got it along with my Xbox. The rest is history.

Seifer1921
04-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

CovertKi11
04-19-2006, 08:52 PM
I've never played the first two, so I guess it's SCCT by default.

rattle_snak1981
04-26-2006, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by CovertKi11:
I've never played the first two, so I guess it's SCCT by default.

It's kinda difficult to say... Chaos Theory is by far the more advanced, but Pandora Tommorrow had a great story too...by if I had to choose one, it'd be Chaos Theory, no doubt!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

jchung
04-26-2006, 07:16 AM
To me CT just had a much smoother style of play to it. I have to say though, that PT and SC1 are not far behind. I just think the series steadily improved with each title.

I wish I could say that for every game series.

ElBozo
04-28-2006, 10:45 AM
SC1 has the best story and CT has the best gameplay so I like them both but SC1 is still the best. PT sucked the donkey in every way.

RealSamFisher
08-31-2009, 12:48 AM
Pandora Tomorrow.
Its got:
Laser Sight for the Five Seven
Great Storyline
LONG Levels (About 19 HRS Gameplay)(On Normal)
Enhanced Visuals
Smooth Gameplay
Awesome Multiplayer Still Servers
Great AI Improvement Since SCSAR (SC 1)
Doesnt focus as much on graphics as Chaos Theory
Good Chalenge Levels

R411hunter
09-03-2009, 12:19 AM
The first game. Not only is the story and plot better, but I felt that immersion in it was much better then Pandora Tomorrow. It was also one of the first video games I bought when I had my X-Box.

I liked Pandora Tomorrow, but they didn't really add too much depth or complexity to the plot of the game. Instead of information warfare, the game relied more on human virus. Not exactly something I'd like to see in a Splinter Cell game. The characters, for the most part were interesting, but Saul ''really'' needed more screen-time. We only hear and see him 1 time. Sadano was interesting, and his dialogues were great, but the character needed more of a personality to him. Plus, the game-play mechanics were largely unchanged from the original. Instead, Ubisoft Shanghai added some elements that I felt was... more of a ''step'' back from the original. I have to admit though, the levels are incredibly amazing.

With Chaos-Theory, they had to go back to the drawing boards for this one. The plot was complex, and I really liked how all the major events connected to each other in it. The game begins with a simple kidnapping, but as it goes on, it becomes more evolved with major events such as the blackout, the war in South Korea, Shetlands betrayal, and finally, the plot twist at the end. You have to pay ''close'' attention to this game in order to understand the events.

So, basically, If I were to rate all 3 games, it'd go like this:

Splinter Cell 1 (Pretty much flawless.)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow.

Remember, this post was a opinion. Everybody is welcomed to disagree, and I do not wish to start a flame war as well.

Jazz117Volkov
09-03-2009, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by ElBozo:
SC1 has the best story and CT has the best gameplay so I like them both but SC1 is still the best. PT sucked the donkey in every way. How did PT manage to "suck the donkey in every way" when it is essentially the same gameplay as the first one with a few improvements and it's got great atmosphere. It is a little short but... anyway, I was just curious.

Jorgos9
09-08-2009, 04:16 AM
Just Give The Nice Stealth as it should be! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

CreativeControl
09-18-2009, 04:53 AM
I've just been replaying them in anticipation of Conviction and it's Pandorra Tomorrow for me. Just loved the storyline and the way it evolved and the variety to the missions, it never got old unlike the original which playing back now I find to be one of the most frustrating games going. The only thing I dislike about it is the TV station level, that **** seems to go on forever!

Chaos Theory has its moments but I feel it starts to really drag towards the end (though contains one of my favourite levels - Panama Bank) and Double Agent just seems too short though again contains one of my favourite levels (Shanghai). The OLDGEN version of Double Agent is probably my least favourite as the stealth aspect seems completely unrealistic in regards to its setting, though I love the expanded storyline and a few of the missions

insanity76
09-18-2009, 08:49 AM
My small little gripe about PT would be the voices, or should I say lack thereof. Aside from the main characters, it was the same like 3 or 4 guys with American accents doing all the voices in the game even though only 1 mission actually takes place in the states, so location-wise they're out of place and it does kinda take away from the immersion & atmosphere. One example that really sticks out is near the start of the Cryo lab mission - It doesn't exactly feel like Sam's in Paris when he's sneaking up on a couple of guys and one of them is saying "What do you mean Frenchman? We're all Frenchmen!" with an American accent.

It didn't have any affect on the gameplay though, which I loved almost as much as the first SC.

Continental_Op
09-26-2009, 03:02 AM
Double Agent (360/PS3/PC) is by far the inferior one.

SC1 Is the one that got me the most as it is the longest and the hardest. The whole splinter cell series have great immersion combined with some elements of classic game and level design.
The first one is a true classic game for it's time. Classic game/level design where you had to stop several times to look at the surroundings and think for a while about how to move forward. The levels were a bit too linear though.

SCPT It was more of the same but a little easier unfortunately. It also added gadgets and small things that was a good evolution of the game such as less linear level design.

SCCT Also more of the same with good gameplay improvements. Unlike PT I think the level design was not as good as the previous ones. Almost all levels were illogically set in complete dark and there were almost no places where you had to stop and think. The fact that you could just run up to ppl and cut them also ruined the tension a little. Still good more of the same. The coop was a fantastic addition but unfortunately not used enough.

SCDA is just not as good as the other three. The game abandoned the games soul completely. To me SC should be extremely stealthy and with tricky level design.

And now for the interesting thing. I havent sold my xbox and finally got my hands on SCDA for the Xbox, which seem to be regarded as some kind of hidden masterpiece. The game is designed like the first three ones and they also took away the option of cutting AI:s that have spotted you. The level design seems to be very varied and diverse. I have just started playing and am working on the Money Train atm. This game looks extremely good even tho it is a bit dated now. Perhaps not as hard as SC1 but I will see. Unfortunately I will never be able to play the highly regarde coop levels.

DarkAgent1992
09-26-2009, 03:35 PM
SCPT and SCCT are my favorites

BladeInCrowd
10-06-2009, 08:44 AM
I want to vote for Double Agent, but I can't. _

xGvxBrownstone
12-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Hmm never realized how many people like PT better if you guys really do help me bring back the vs mode on xbox

IIxXWRATHXxII
12-15-2009, 11:33 AM
I love all the splinter cells but Chaos Theory was my favorite http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif