PDA

View Full Version : A previous installation of myst...

zero_carma31600
10-07-2005, 02:40 PM
error I get when trying to install game
A previous installation of myst has been detectedon this computer. Please unstall the product before trying to reinstall.

only problem is I dont get uninstall as an option in the game installer. I did have it installed before but there was an error on the disk and I had to return it to the store.

Things i've already done:

checked /program files for anything related to myst and found nothing. no cyan folder no myst folder.

checked regedit and found no mention of cyan or myst in both local_mechine/software and cureent_user/software

and of corase game is not listed in add/remove programs I even downloaded a 3rd party uninstaller for windows and it didn't have record of the previous install either.

so basicly I cannot install the game because it says there is another install of it already but I cannot find any files from the previous install. and reinstalling windows is not an optioin.

zero_carma31600
10-07-2005, 02:40 PM
error I get when trying to install game
A previous installation of myst has been detectedon this computer. Please unstall the product before trying to reinstall.

only problem is I dont get uninstall as an option in the game installer. I did have it installed before but there was an error on the disk and I had to return it to the store.

Things i've already done:

checked /program files for anything related to myst and found nothing. no cyan folder no myst folder.

checked regedit and found no mention of cyan or myst in both local_mechine/software and cureent_user/software

and of corase game is not listed in add/remove programs I even downloaded a 3rd party uninstaller for windows and it didn't have record of the previous install either.

so basicly I cannot install the game because it says there is another install of it already but I cannot find any files from the previous install. and reinstalling windows is not an optioin.

zero_carma31600
10-07-2005, 02:45 PM
I fixed my own issue.

man, and cyan wonders why they are going under lol

myster3
10-07-2005, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">checked regedit and found no mention of cyan or myst in both local_mechine/software and cureent_user/software </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

go download a free registry cleaner. i'll bet that it will clear up your problem. http://www.majorgeeks.com has a great one called "reg scrub XP". be sure to run it again and again until it returns "0" errors...

-myster3

Mr Zebe D
10-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi myster3! You seem to miss my followup post on this. The problem is a file called vpd.properties in c:\windows that is left behind when the program is uninstalled, not with the registry.