PDA

View Full Version : When will we get something official

Andrewbritton
12-04-2007, 08:24 AM
First of all wow! It all looks fantastic! The new vids of the weather system and vegetation looks incredible. I was wondering when the dev team will release some official new screenies or vids. I personally believe there is no way this game is coming firt quarter and yet so little is known!?

Andrewbritton
12-04-2007, 08:24 AM
First of all wow! It all looks fantastic! The new vids of the weather system and vegetation looks incredible. I was wondering when the dev team will release some official new screenies or vids. I personally believe there is no way this game is coming firt quarter and yet so little is known!?

Raide
12-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Welcome to the forums Andrewbritton,

The videos are there to tease people a little longer and also to give them some incite to the kind of advances the Developers are hard at work with. This is not the last taste of Farcry 2 information, trust me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

jonnyh
12-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi Raide, I understand what you said, but there are some things that should be out well before the game is released, a specific example would be system requirements, although I am sure there are many other kinds of information like this. If people need to upgrade their systems to be able to play then they need time to do these upgrades. There has been a lot of speculation about the requirements, most of it compared to what Crysis, but nothing concrete.

I think what Andrewbritton (and please correct me if I am wrong Andrew) was getting at is that since the game is supposedly coming out 1rst quarter 2008 which is within the next 3 months maybe it is time to back up some of the 'teasing' and speculation with some real facts. I am sure that some things about that game could be released wiothout taking away from the anticipation. In fact releasing some 'facts' would probably increase anticipation for the game's release, and not doing anything of course you run the real possibility that people will stop visiting the forum. Anyways those are just my '2 cents' worth on the subject ...