PDA

View Full Version : Night and Day: Advantages & Disadvantages

Your_On_My_List
07-21-2008, 11:27 PM
I know that UBI said that you and the Ai would have advantages and disadvantages when fighting at night and day. I believe them to an extent because they know that without balance someone might play at night only. But i was wondering if anyone had an actual factual list on what UBI said those advantages & disadvantages are depending on day and night?

Your_On_My_List
07-21-2008, 11:27 PM
I know that UBI said that you and the Ai would have advantages and disadvantages when fighting at night and day. I believe them to an extent because they know that without balance someone might play at night only. But i was wondering if anyone had an actual factual list on what UBI said those advantages & disadvantages are depending on day and night?

adarwinter
07-22-2008, 05:09 AM
clint said in an interview that at night there will be sleeping guards (disadvantage) but these guards will be more aggressive at night (advantage) to balance things....

yeah.

i dont get it either http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

i think that the disadvantage of fighting groups at night should be the same on both sides - when u attack a base at night than it hard to see the guards. as long as u r the initiator than u have the upper hand, but once the guards know u r attacking than they will try to flank u and get you. in this case the same thing that made night your advantage becomes your disadvantage - it's hard to see the guards coming at you from the sides and behind and u get more easily flanked.
for this to be done well the night should be dark enough for you to see the AI and the AI's range should be approximately the same as yours.

i need to bring STALKER again as a good example (and i do that very often) that after a mod that made the nights really dark and the AI more short sighted at night - attacking at night became really fun. not just because sneaking was possible and efficient but also tough when the AI flanked me. the AI in stalker had the ability to sneak behind u while crouched and not fire until they are just 10 feet behind u. at night it became so hard to counter. the darkness worked against me which made night "feel" right.
but i doubt the AI in FC2 will be this sophisticated. i dunno. i think STALkER had a remarkable AI which i dont think FC2 will top. on the flip side stalker had very specific action pockets so who knows what can be done with open world game.