PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the facial animation for ACR?

Turkiye96
06-02-2011, 10:50 AM
ok well i found some videos for L.A. Noire showing the realistic facial animations and the making of them and as ACR will use that i wonder what you thing of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY7RYCsE9KQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv_AFVpqOFc

Turkiye96
06-02-2011, 10:50 AM
ok well i found some videos for L.A. Noire showing the realistic facial animations and the making of them and as ACR will use that i wonder what you thing of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY7RYCsE9KQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv_AFVpqOFc

sfin1994
06-02-2011, 11:24 AM
its pretty cool, but that facial tech is not compatible with full body capture. So the facial features may not match up with the body movements...

ShaneO7K
06-02-2011, 11:24 AM
If I remember right they said something like it will be similar to LA Noire not the same. I doubt it will be to the scale that LA Noire was, it wouldn't look right if it was.

itsamea-mario
06-02-2011, 12:03 PM
I, don't really like the L.A. noir faces. i mean they move good an all, but i just don't like the way they look.

The way they did in brotherhood was fine in my opinion.

Thug-U
06-02-2011, 12:06 PM
The faces in Brotherhood were a huge upgrade from the faces in ac 2.

LukewarmPoptart
06-02-2011, 12:35 PM
I really liked how Cole Phelps looked when he was standing around during the freeroam bits, he'd blink or bite on his lip a bit, it was really immersive

IIwangcarsII
06-02-2011, 12:45 PM
The facial animations in brotherhood for Ezio were fine, but did anyone even take any notice of the people around him and other characters? the animations were horrible!! it varies between different character, some will look alright and others look ****ed up!

crash3
06-02-2011, 12:59 PM
id like to see more expresssion on the guards as they get wounded or killed and also on the assassins for the same things

SpaceRazzer
06-02-2011, 01:02 PM
I agree. The main characters were done better, with Ezio being the best.
But courtesans, thieves, and assisted civilians looked kind of ugly.

I haven't played LA Noire, and I won't.
But I must say, it looks cool, and I hope that it will look nice during movement and such, when Revelations comes out.

IIwangcarsII
06-02-2011, 01:28 PM
I've got L.a. noire and its amazing! The animation of the faces is fine with the body. And it is stunning how perfect the mouths are synched with the words! If assassins creed did this, it would be amazing.

kriegerdesgottes
06-02-2011, 01:55 PM
I think it's a great idea and I can't wait to see how they implement it.

Assassin_M
06-02-2011, 03:00 PM
You People are Unbelievable, are you serious by saying "Meh" to the technology used in L.A.NOIRE ????? I guess Ubisoft cant satisfy everyone

ShaneO7K
06-02-2011, 03:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
You People are Unbelievable, are you serious by saying "Meh" to the technology used in L.A.NOIRE ????? I guess Ubisoft cant satisfy everyone </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't really care for it, it's great that they could do it but I rather be in between with the faces in that they look good but not too realistic like LA Noire. If I want real looking faces i'll go watch a movie.

phil.llllll
06-02-2011, 03:55 PM
The problem with LA Noire's face tech wasn't actually the facial tech itself but the game it was in. If it was used in a more technologically advanced game it would've been a lot better but as it is it just looked uncanny valley as hell (like talking plastic dolls).

daniel_gervide
06-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Wonderfull technology... the problem are the faces and not the animations it self...

Also, loved ezio's face in Ac2 when he talks with his mom for the first time and when her mom says "Non parlo di ******"

rileypoole1234
06-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Alright nobody can say the facial animation in L.A. Noire is bad. It's amazing actually