PDA

View Full Version : been away a while but back and need help.

bubblehead1980
05-16-2009, 01:09 AM
Okay, i've been away from here lately, have not actually played SH in almost a month until tonight.Been busy with graduation and all the stuff etc that follows last few weeks.Anyway i finally got a night alone and stayed home, got bored so decided to play around.

Unusual for me to chose a German career, but I loaded up the latest OP Monsun and TMO 1.7 and played a German career out of Lorient in July 1943.Pretty interesting, no convoys but ran into a group of US DD's I presume to be a hunter killer type group, sank two of them.

Anyway, I just can't seem to get the hang of German TDC, I hate it, so on auto target, which i hate also lol too easy.Anyone who can help? Maybe I am just spoiled with American TDC and the PK.

Also, do the Allied DD's get more difficult, I mean it's July 43 which i am pretty sure was the height of the Battle of the Atlantic and Allied ASW was tough and my biggest problem has been Allied aircraft.The DD's have proven to be idiots.I sank two and the others couldnt find me when i was at 150 feet.Now, seas were somewhat rough but still.Whats up with that? Last time i played u boats i sank multiple ships in a convoy in 1942 and the DD's sucked outloud as well.Was hoping the DD's would be tough.

Still prefer US side but enjoying the German side since I have the German speech mod loaded up, makes it more enjoyable.Never could enjoy a english speaking U boat.

Also found a bug, selected the big flakvering quad 20 mm gun for large AA gun, whenever i put three crew members in the slot, they either die or report being injured when no enemies around.Anyone else have this happen?

bubblehead1980
05-16-2009, 01:09 AM
Okay, i've been away from here lately, have not actually played SH in almost a month until tonight.Been busy with graduation and all the stuff etc that follows last few weeks.Anyway i finally got a night alone and stayed home, got bored so decided to play around.

Unusual for me to chose a German career, but I loaded up the latest OP Monsun and TMO 1.7 and played a German career out of Lorient in July 1943.Pretty interesting, no convoys but ran into a group of US DD's I presume to be a hunter killer type group, sank two of them.

Anyway, I just can't seem to get the hang of German TDC, I hate it, so on auto target, which i hate also lol too easy.Anyone who can help? Maybe I am just spoiled with American TDC and the PK.

Also, do the Allied DD's get more difficult, I mean it's July 43 which i am pretty sure was the height of the Battle of the Atlantic and Allied ASW was tough and my biggest problem has been Allied aircraft.The DD's have proven to be idiots.I sank two and the others couldnt find me when i was at 150 feet.Now, seas were somewhat rough but still.Whats up with that? Last time i played u boats i sank multiple ships in a convoy in 1942 and the DD's sucked outloud as well.Was hoping the DD's would be tough.

Still prefer US side but enjoying the German side since I have the German speech mod loaded up, makes it more enjoyable.Never could enjoy a english speaking U boat.

Also found a bug, selected the big flakvering quad 20 mm gun for large AA gun, whenever i put three crew members in the slot, they either die or report being injured when no enemies around.Anyone else have this happen?

RockinRobbins
05-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Nope, never had that problem with the dying crewmembers. You just have to have patience with the German TDC. I think I have a quick course in the thing in my http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/RockinRobbins13/smileys/OKaneGray.jpg O'Kane/Fast-90 tutorial. Is it in my siggy or am I going to have to post a link? Testing...

Shazzam! It's my first link! Cool! You forget what's in there after awhile you know...

Fast-90 was the precursor to the http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/RockinRobbins13/smileys/OKaneGray.jpg O'Kane Technique and it is purely a U-Boat procedure. You can't do it with a fleet boat. It will teach you some of the advantages of the German way of doing things as it makes you miss your fleet boat too. Have fun!