PDA

View Full Version : Type IIA/D boat question

PapaG39
08-20-2007, 11:17 AM
I have been doing the Type IIA/D boats off the west coast of the British Isles & having a blast. If it wasn't for loosing all of my patrols & having to start over again three dam*ed times it would really be great.

Anyway, since I am using the IIA & now the D boats exclusively I have been trying to find out more info on the boats themselves.

Like the torpedo doors...The "Q" key doesn't open the doors so I just assume that they would only open after you press the shoot button, however I don't see any other questions on the matter & am wondering: Can you Pre open the doors on the type II prior to firing the torpedos? Yes or No?

Anyone have a link on obtaining a good rundown on the particulars of the type II boat?
Thanks

PapaG39
08-20-2007, 11:17 AM
I have been doing the Type IIA/D boats off the west coast of the British Isles & having a blast. If it wasn't for loosing all of my patrols & having to start over again three dam*ed times it would really be great.

Anyway, since I am using the IIA & now the D boats exclusively I have been trying to find out more info on the boats themselves.

Like the torpedo doors...The "Q" key doesn't open the doors so I just assume that they would only open after you press the shoot button, however I don't see any other questions on the matter & am wondering: Can you Pre open the doors on the type II prior to firing the torpedos? Yes or No?

Anyone have a link on obtaining a good rundown on the particulars of the type II boat?
Thanks

Foehammer-1
08-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Yes you can. You need to be in the command room view, right click on the weapons officer, and then manually hit the switches you need http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

klcarroll
08-20-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm running V1.4 with GWX, and I use the TypeIID almost exclusively.

The "Q" key opens my outer doors!!! (I even hear the metalic "rumble-clunk" as they open.)

I don't know why you are having this problem; ....have you made any alterations to other key assignments??