PDA

View Full Version : Game runs perfect

LithianLord
04-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Today I picked up my preorder with a feelings I would be dealing with a broken game. I set it up, logged into my Uplay account and just played for a few hours. Not a single glitch, graphical or otherwise.

I want to shake the hand at the director of the camera work as blockbuster movies should envy the brilliance in the cinematography. I always feel like I am in a heated moment and the Mark-and-Execute system works well to make me feel acomplished when I do something right.

I hear the game is short and the Iraq scene (no spoilers) left much to be desired, but I liked the plot development it created. For now I have not tried everything, but so far it has run as perfect as I could hope for. Even Fallout 3 has more problems than this game.

I see a forum full of problems and errors, so i thought I would throw my say in from the opposite side. Cheers mates, hope to see you all in co-op soon.

LithianLord
04-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Today I picked up my preorder with a feelings I would be dealing with a broken game. I set it up, logged into my Uplay account and just played for a few hours. Not a single glitch, graphical or otherwise.

I want to shake the hand at the director of the camera work as blockbuster movies should envy the brilliance in the cinematography. I always feel like I am in a heated moment and the Mark-and-Execute system works well to make me feel acomplished when I do something right.

I hear the game is short and the Iraq scene (no spoilers) left much to be desired, but I liked the plot development it created. For now I have not tried everything, but so far it has run as perfect as I could hope for. Even Fallout 3 has more problems than this game.

I see a forum full of problems and errors, so i thought I would throw my say in from the opposite side. Cheers mates, hope to see you all in co-op soon.

Jason-Alaska
04-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Welcome to the forums! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Nice to hear something other than all the issues. This is normal after a launch. Must the people who the game is working for are playing it and are not having problems and not posting in the forums because of it.

Thanks for taking a break from the fun to share your experience. Gives me hope for when my SC:C arrives in the mail.

TheStranger.
04-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Don't bother telling us your computer specs or anything.

I call BS.

wrtbks
04-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Mine is running perfectly as well...and I am running it in Boot Camp off of my iMac. No issues, 1900 x 1600 resolution...perfect, no lag. So far great game.

DCAustin007
04-27-2010, 10:27 PM
I have to agree, I'm lovin the story and the gameplay so far, haven't tried coop yet (it coudn't find any matches). But the whole package seems pretty tight, I've definitely played worse polished games right at launch. Congrats to Ubi for continuing the Sam Fisher story. I just hope the login system doesn't give too many headaches.

RonBurgundy_929
04-27-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm running it completely maxed at 1680x1050 perfectly.

-i7 920
-10gb ram
-gtx 295

LCGuardian
04-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Good to hear people having no issues with SCC. I was getting a little worried after seeing the list of issues on the PC specific forum. Although, there seemed to be a range of issues for AC2 and I had a perfect run with that (both game and DRM related). So fingers crossed SCC will be the same.

MinusII
04-27-2010, 10:49 PM
aside from a weapon stash glitch im having, running perfectly for me too. just hit the iraq mission, rolling highest settings at 1680-1050 as well.

Minus

LithianLord
04-27-2010, 10:50 PM
So I just finished the carnival level and I must say I was dissipointed how short it was. I had a quick d/c with the ubisoft server while doing it but was back playing in a few seconds. Odd system

As for specs I am not very advanced. I run a 3.2 GHz (unclocked) quad processor with 4 gigs of ram on a Windows 7 system along with a Nvidia 9500 GT (I know...I know. going to buy the 250 GX if i ever get extra cash). I am running it at the default settings (started the game and went with it) so i will have to check preformance issues as I bump it up.

Also checked multiplayer and saw the wave mode they put in there. Have not tried it yet, but I am glad they put more in than regular story coop.

Miss my versus from CT though....

rainbowsixlv
04-28-2010, 03:35 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif thank god some people don't have problems
in this forum i only read issues for the PC i'm geting my game after two days and i hope i don't have problems two

darnokz
04-28-2010, 05:46 AM
I cant say if I have problems because Im not able to even run the game because it says i cant connect to ubisoft servers for 3 hours... AC2 has same problem but I finished it long time ago and had no problems.. are ubi servrs down?

LithianLord
04-28-2010, 08:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arathad:
I cant say if I have problems because Im not able to even run the game because it says i cant connect to ubisoft servers for 3 hours... AC2 has same problem but I finished it long time ago and had no problems.. are ubi servrs down? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think people are just having problems with it. Like I said I had one d/c problem for a few seconds and the rest of the night I had no problem connecting.

MinusII
04-28-2010, 09:27 PM
bumping cuz 1st page is depressing, and the game runs perfectly.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Minus

marvin036
04-29-2010, 03:07 AM
The game runs perfect. Except for the Xbox360 game pad for Windows. But i think that will be resolved very soon.

Dell 720 XPS
Intel Quad core Q6600
Nvidia 8800GT SLI
Wireless Xbox 360 game pad

Jason-Alaska
04-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Just got my copy and I have to add myself to the list of "Runs Perfect". I've got 4 hours in the single player game. And not a single glitch. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Hoping to get some Multiplayer on tonight!

helifool
04-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Jason what city you in? I'm in Juneau, just curious

LithianLord
04-29-2010, 03:43 PM
We need more threads about the actual game and less "I can't play so I'll post my own thread and blame everything on Ubisoft".

Anyone that wants to play add me.

Uplay Name: Lithianlord

(Steam: Frager23)

charliesierra38
04-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Me too, slight stuttering on movies, but the game plays sweet.

darnokz
04-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Its stuttering on the movies because If you didnt notice , all the loading is happening while your watching a movie... so its stuttering because of loading -.-...

Also I got rid of stuttering by messing around with catalysts and triple buffering and vsync but for a unreal engine 3 game it should run with 60 fps on my PC and it sometimes slows down to 25 in some areas o.O (with 0x AA and HIGH shadows instead of VERY high shadows) so I guess I should buy xbox because its running better and with better graphics there while having GPU from 2006...

This is probably my last generation of PC, im sad because im hard PC fan but this is the end guys, all games are half assed ports and need i7 and gf 295 to run like on xbox360 with hardware from 2006... probably ps4 will have 1080p for all games so I wont complain anymore about that sub-HD ****

Im tired of spending more time on forums and tweaking my games than playing them o.O I just want to play damn game and not tweak it all day LOL. And the best part im playing it with x360 controller because it just sux to play it with keyboard and mouse.. And since I need to use AA x0 because on 2x 4x or 8x its unplayable ( while AC2 works perfect on 8xAA) there is no need to play it on PC. I bet even x360 has 2x AA

LithianLord
04-29-2010, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arathad:
Its stuttering on the movies because If you didnt notice , all the loading is happening while your watching a movie... so its stuttering because of loading -.-...

Also I got rid of stuttering by messing around with catalysts and triple buffering and vsync but for a unreal engine 3 game it should run with 60 fps on my PC and it sometimes slows down to 25 in some areas o.O (with 0x AA and HIGH shadows instead of VERY high shadows) so I guess I should buy xbox because its running better and with better graphics there while having GPU from 2006...

This is probably my last generation of PC, im sad because im hard PC fan but this is the end guys, all games are half assed ports and need i7 and gf 295 to run like on xbox360 with hardware from 2006... probably ps4 will have 1080p for all games so I wont complain anymore about that sub-HD ****

Im tired of spending more time on forums and tweaking my games than playing them o.O I just want to play damn game and not tweak it all day LOL. And the best part im playing it with x360 controller because it just sux to play it with keyboard and mouse.. And since I need to use AA x0 because on 2x 4x or 8x its unplayable ( while AC2 works perfect on 8xAA) there is no need to play it on PC. I bet even x360 has 2x AA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will never stop playing on PC as long as there are games like Fallout I can mod. I feel you pain though, as so many games are just being ported. I feel like PC is being left behind as it is not as profitable as consoles. Though with Splinter Cell I had no proble, install and play with no issues.

I like using mouse+keyboard anyway http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sn1p3r87
04-30-2010, 12:11 AM

Im tired of spending more time on forums and tweaking my games than playing them o.O I just want to play damn game and not tweak it all day LOL. And the best part im playing it with x360 controller because it just sux to play it with keyboard and mouse.. And since I need to use AA x0 because on 2x 4x or 8x its unplayable ( while AC2 works perfect on 8xAA) there is no need to play it on PC. I bet even x360 has 2x AA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah exactly! That's why even though i love playing PC Games, im very wary about buying them. Because nearly all my games when i buy them at the time always have some stupid performance issue that holds me back from playing the game, up untill three years later when i have hardware that passes the so called Recomended specs to play it maxed out at 60fps.

Developers are so lazy when it comes to optimizing pc games these days, and it makes playing pc games a pain in the butt. Conviction is living proof of that. Ubisoft used a fairly old engine and the game runs like crap half of the time on decent rigs.

LithianLord
04-30-2010, 10:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sn1p3r87:

Yeah exactly! That's why even though i love playing PC Games, im very wary about buying them. Because nearly all my games when i buy them at the time always have some stupid performance issue that holds me back from playing the game, up untill three years later when i have hardware that passes the so called Recomended specs to play it maxed out at 60fps.

Developers are so lazy when it comes to optimizing pc games these days, and it makes playing pc games a pain in the butt. Conviction is living proof of that. Ubisoft used a fairly old engine and the game runs like crap half of the time on decent rigs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find myself in the odd position of hearing all these problems, yet I still have yet to come across one. This game runs perfect on my upper-middle class rig. Guess I am just lucky?

I love this game though, I realized this today. Though I am a huge splinter cell fan so I can't really say much otherwise.

Hopfully they will fix some of the problems for you chaps to at least have fun with it.

Klaz0
04-30-2010, 10:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason-Alaska:
Hoping to get some Multiplayer on tonight! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be sure to join the steam group if you need some people to play with; http://steamcommunity.com/groups/scccof

Usually the group chat has a number of people ready to play.

Jason-Alaska
04-30-2010, 11:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by helifool:
Jason what city you in? I'm in Juneau, just curious </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Helifool,
Welcome to the forums!
Responded in a Private Message to you. Check at the top of the forum and click on "NEW PM!" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

That way we don't hijack this thread. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Nepharis
04-30-2010, 11:55 PM
@Lithianlord single player runs well for me as well, i only have some issues with the multiplayer... can't find any games through matchmaking. Which is wierd cuz the invite option works well... anyway, i'll add you to my uplay list =] c ya online!!

tse_tsz_tun
05-01-2010, 07:10 AM
My game runs perfectly, I am on this list http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LithianLord
05-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Good to hear the community is moving away from just rants and anger. I look forword to playing with you all.

Uplay: Lithianlord
Steam: Frager23
Xfire: Lithianlord

(Just in case anyone missed it)

GuZZ33
05-01-2010, 03:24 PM
This is a great game, runs great for me, well done Ubisoft devs and all invoved in the making of Splinter Cell Conviction, merci, a brilliant game.

TazRose
05-02-2010, 04:23 AM
Just to say my game runs really well too. Im on Core2Extreme and 260GTX SLI. SLI scaling is not that great but I get a high frame rate anyway. Also I dont have problems with mouse lag neither using a Logitect G500 gaming mouse. I do not like some of the backdrops though as the textures are bland and it breaks the immersion. Come on Ubisoft, dont go cutting corners, you start something you have to go the whole hog, make them backdrops awesome, not cheap and nasty. This is not the case in all backdrops though, only some (you will notice which levels, i dont want to spoil them for anyone).

I wish I could mantle by jumping like in the previous splinter cells. I really like the Deniable ops mode, its well cool and feels like the old splinter cells with all the new moves.

I am in the uk so I dont have the steam version, just the disc..i would have brought the steam version.
All settings are maxed except MSAA which is on 4x @ 1920x1200 res..

darnokz
05-02-2010, 08:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LithianLord:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sn1p3r87:

Developers are so lazy when it comes to optimizing pc games these days, and it makes playing pc games a pain in the butt. Conviction is living proof of that. Ubisoft used a fairly old engine and the game runs like crap half of the time on decent rigs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find myself in the odd position of hearing all these problems, yet I still have yet to come across one. This game runs perfect on my upper-middle class rig. Guess I am just lucky?

I love this game though, I realized this today. Though I am a huge splinter cell fan so I can't really say much otherwise.

Hopfully they will fix some of the problems for you chaps to at least have fun with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You see, I love the game but not being able to use max settings on unreal engine 3 is horrible... I get no problems in singleplayer and framerate stays 40+ when I use HIGH shadows and 0x AA , but when I use VERY HIGH shadows framerate is like 25-35 fps.... I can play with HIGH shadows and 4x AA and still get 30-35 fps but you know 40 fps is a lot better but jaggies are everywhere... when I played gears of war it stayed 60 fps almost all the time o.O.. with full details , AA and dx10..

Ah I also have problem with co-op I cant find any games...

princepersi2008
05-08-2010, 09:44 AM
I have problem with the game freezing.Well for single player its great i try to avoid them and sometime i have to restart my pc but it runs goo with 19-25fps evrything on high reflections and hdr and res 640x800.My pc specs are intel celeron 440 2.0Ghz (single core) 2 Gb ram gf9400GT 512Mb video and winxp sp3.I like it and have no connection problems.Only becouse of the freezing and mostly becouse cutscenes freez for 1min and the other player just don't wait forme to load.My id is princepersi2008 if you are playing with me please wait forme to load so than i can play. I have all actions and rewards in Uplay.Assassins creed 2 runs perfect no con problem.Can't wait forPoP the forgaten sands.

rockmanru
05-08-2010, 11:36 PM
I just purchased SCC on Steam and it runs perfectly for me. Graphics are up all the way - except I only have 4x AA atm (not that I can't run it higher, it's just I don't like a ton of AA in some games).

I'm running my custom rig currently with: q6600 quad 2.4GHz, 8Gb DDR2, GTX 280. I've finished singleplayer and have been soloing some Hunter missions - spent 15 hours on the game so far, and still really enjoying it. Some people said the singleplayer campaign was short, so I was prepared for alot less...but I finished it in about 8 hours on normal.

Just played a co-op mission tonight through matchmaking. Pretty fun. LithianLord - I sent you a friend request on Steam. We should play through co-op sometime if you want.

DCAustin007
05-09-2010, 12:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LithianLord:
Good to hear the community is moving away from just rants and anger. I look forword to playing with you all.

(Just in case anyone missed it) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mind if I add you in game or Steam? I've completed everything and have Infiltration mode too. I've opened the ports someone listed in page 16 of the sticky thread on coop names, and was able to hook up with a few people, no disconnects or anything.

It's a shame we don't have a chat ability in game, I played thru the entire coop campaign tonight with a guy who was real pro, saved my a$$ more than once with revives, but now I can't recall his player name. If he's reading here, go ahead and add me in your friends list.

LithianLord
05-09-2010, 02:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DCAustin007:

(Just in case anyone missed it) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mind if I add you in game or Steam? I've completed everything and have Infiltration mode too. I've opened the ports someone listed in page 16 of the sticky thread on coop names, and was able to hook up with a few people, no disconnects or anything.

It's a shame we don't have a chat ability in game, I played thru the entire coop campaign tonight with a guy who was real pro, saved my a$$ more than once with revives, but now I can't recall his player name. If he's reading here, go ahead and add me in your friends list. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure mate, I'll be happy to play with anyone. i havn't been on in a few days through as I just found the joys of Fallout 3 on the PC.

aeric38
05-09-2010, 04:07 AM

I see a forum full of problems and errors, so i thought I would throw my say in from the opposite side. Cheers mates, hope to see you all in co-op soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is "a feelings" aloud in the english language? Just curious.

aeric38
05-09-2010, 04:10 AM
So I just finished the carnival level and I must say I was dissipointed how short it was. I had a quick d/c with the ubisoft server while doing it but was back playing in a few seconds. Odd system

As for specs I am not very advanced. I run a 3.2 GHz (unclocked) quad processor with 4 gigs of ram on a Windows 7 system along with a Nvidia 9500 GT (I know...I know. going to buy the 250 GX if i ever get extra cash). I am running it at the default settings (started the game and went with it) so i will have to check preformance issues as I bump it up.

Also checked multiplayer and saw the wave mode they put in there. Have not tried it yet, but I am glad they put more in than regular story coop.

Miss my versus from CT though.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What's preformance? Is that before formance?

aeric38
05-09-2010, 04:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rainbowsixlv:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif thank god some people don't have problems
in this forum i only read issues for the PC i'm geting my game after two days and i hope i don't have problems two </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What if you had problems one or three? Would that be an issue?

alpha_ger1980
05-09-2010, 06:07 AM
i cant play this game at all

mouse lags like crazy and fps is very bad (15-35), NO MATTER the gfx settings and drivers.

ati 4870x2

very dissapointing

thedarkday
05-09-2010, 10:24 AM
When I play SP or Deniable OPS the fps is smooth but I could use more mouse sensitivity. In COOP the fps gets very low and mouse floats around and I have to struggle to aim at enemies lol its annoying... runnin a E8400 and GTX 285.

forgetfulzee
05-10-2010, 06:38 AM
One thing all you good praisers of the game have in common... You have yet to try the multiplayer mode. But I agree with all of you, the game runs smooth in single player.

MyxaMop88
05-10-2010, 07:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ypb13F-8kI http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Limerick_
05-10-2010, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheStranger.:
Don't bother telling us your computer specs or anything.

I call BS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha he TheStranger ran off once reinforcements came LMAO XD

i ran the entire game except the last mission wonderfully, but i lagged a bit and my screen "paused" af ew times in the last mission (my gfx card is above the minimum but isnt all that great).

my problem now is pausing, where it never used to before, and this happened while in Scene Select after i finished the game.

Ubi, awesome game thoroughly enjoyed it and i hope to play the Story randomly again, please fix the "pausing" that occurs for whatever reason.

Junka1986
05-10-2010, 03:16 PM
The game could've been longer tho... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Limerick_
05-11-2010, 03:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Junka1986:
The game could've been longer tho... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please dont say that... after Double Agent, i am perfectly happy with this title, not to mention a coop story and game modes.

samfisher4491
05-11-2010, 04:34 PM
It's running pretty good on my system (once I got past that connection error thing) at 1080p and medium settings.

2.66 GHz C2D
HD 4670
4GB RAM
Windows 7

Jdonner
05-12-2010, 10:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RonBurgundy_929:
I'm running it completely maxed at 1680x1050 perfectly.

-i7 920
-10gb ram
-gtx 295 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Imbecile, who cares that you can run it well with THAT kind of hardware, of course it runs well with it, it would be shocking if it wouldn't. Go somewhere else for bragging rights little boy.

GuZZ33
05-13-2010, 01:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jdonner:
Imbecile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmmm!, maybe take a chill pill?, where in his sentence did he use boastful language?

Mr_Shade
05-13-2010, 04:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jdonner:

snip </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is simply stating his system, I saw no bragging?

Were as your post could be seen as abusive.. so I suggest you calm down and post to others in a civil way...

DCAustin007
05-13-2010, 05:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by forgetfulzee:
One thing all you good praisers of the game have in common... You have yet to try the multiplayer mode. But I agree with all of you, the game runs smooth in single player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Many of us don't have problems, adding players or joining from the friends list works pretty much every time for me.