PDA

View Full Version : The Rainbow Six Vegas 2 community...

mambonuts
04-06-2008, 07:08 AM
I've seen many arguments in threads over the quality of the game...graphics, lag...etc, but we'll let that rest for now.

Like many other gamers, I got the COD4 mappack...hoping it would refresh the game and community for me as I haven't been playing it much lately in favour of R6V2.

Same <span class="ev_code_RED">[Removed]</span> ...just a different day. Loud mouth yelling, rude comments, racist remarks...you know the deal.

I've played Terrorist Hunt with my son, and we've had numerous players fill the other two spots in our games, and never had someone be an @$$, or mouth off...etc Even Multiplayer games are more tame than the <span class="ev_code_RED">[Removed]</span> you get on COD4 rooms.

R6 players are a different breed, great to play with, and get along well.

This is a compliment to many of you out there we've had the chance to play with in various matches...and many others we haven't had the chance to yet.

I wish other games could have the same type of mindset as the players of the R6 games do...we're a good bunch...

The game may have some issues for people...but the community is second to none...

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please watch your language. Thank you -Mr.Hanky</span>

mambonuts
04-06-2008, 07:08 AM
I've seen many arguments in threads over the quality of the game...graphics, lag...etc, but we'll let that rest for now.

Like many other gamers, I got the COD4 mappack...hoping it would refresh the game and community for me as I haven't been playing it much lately in favour of R6V2.

Same <span class="ev_code_RED">[Removed]</span> ...just a different day. Loud mouth yelling, rude comments, racist remarks...you know the deal.

I've played Terrorist Hunt with my son, and we've had numerous players fill the other two spots in our games, and never had someone be an @$$, or mouth off...etc Even Multiplayer games are more tame than the <span class="ev_code_RED">[Removed]</span> you get on COD4 rooms.

This is a compliment to many of you out there we've had the chance to play with in various matches...and many others we haven't had the chance to yet.

I wish other games could have the same type of mindset as the players of the R6 games do...we're a good bunch...

The game may have some issues for people...but the community is second to none...

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please watch your language. Thank you -Mr.Hanky</span>

TheGenMan
04-06-2008, 07:47 AM
truth.org

The problem with the CoD4 community is that its been saturated with players who migrated from Halo 3. When those same players jump into a game like R6V2, they try the same tactics and get dunked. Of course at that point you hear one of two things, 1) Trash talk, or 2) "Your gun is a noob gun, switch to a real weapon".

I think the best one I've heard so far was, "That was so f****** cheap, I ran around the corner and got shot in the face with the 500. Its an overpowered piece of s***!"

Mr.Hanky2005
04-06-2008, 08:10 AM
I also enjoy the fact that the majority of the community in this game is actually mature. I want to play a game to go in and just play it to relax, not to get screamed at because I killed the guy.

spraybag_elite
04-06-2008, 10:07 AM
its pretty funny to call the 500 overpowered when the spas12 has more damage thn it... lol but hey thts just cuz its a new gun and evbery1 uses it. personally i stick with the good ole mac11 and g36chttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DexLuther
04-06-2008, 10:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mambonuts:

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please watch your language. Thank you -Mr.Hanky</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've been lucky then. Lucky enough to encounter the more mature/older players.

Rest assured though that the idiots ARE out there. They come from Halo and infect other games.

They're kinda like a flight of locusts. They come ravage everything with vulgarities, exploit glitches,boost,scream, play music, and talk to people in the background on mic (that's when they aren't busy being total jerk offs to the people in game on mic). When they're done, they move on to the next game.

malte0004
04-06-2008, 04:14 PM
The percentage of these idiots is a lot lower in Rainbow than in other games, thankfully

silentstriderm
04-06-2008, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by malte0004:
The percentage of these idiots is a lot lower in Rainbow than in other games, thankfully </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You said it!

XERAXES
04-06-2008, 05:02 PM
I agree, the R6V2 community is a lot more mature. There are still a LOT of idiots, but it's nothing compared to other games.

TheUBERspectre
04-06-2008, 05:31 PM
I've had my fair share of idiots in Vegas 2. With that said there are quite a bit less in Vegas 2 than in CoD4 or Halo 3, but it doesn't bother me much since I usually play with my clan.

banksy93
04-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Hey, i played Halo 2 & 3 and cod4, im not like most of them idiots, yes i do trashtalk every now and again but who doesn't? But there are loads of trashtalkers on vegas and people that boot you when you kill them. The other day i played a 4v1 cos i was elite they thought theyd win and say i boosted the whole way, i was winning 17-1 (their kill was a lucky frag) and they booted me with 2 seconds left just cos i taught them how to play 4v1. lmao
but vegas is a lot calmer than most games.

GT: iTz I BaNkSy

Guydiep
04-07-2008, 09:31 AM
ROFLMFAO!!!

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Me the Halo Player: IMA IN UR RB6!!! STEALIN UR KILLZ!

You guys crack me up.. and I'M the one not mature enough...

This thread needs more incorrect generaliztions about players we don't know and yet hate anyway.

Realize.. it's not Halo that makes a player who they are... it's them.

Don't hate the game, hate the player?

showtimederek
04-07-2008, 10:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by malte0004:
The percentage of these idiots is a lot lower in Rainbow than in other games, thankfully </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ya thats why we should make it more like CoD:4, like everyone wants... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

VastShadowz41
04-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Your average Halo/COD4 Run and Gun player:

"AWRIGHT I GOTS A L33T GUN! NOW TO GO PWNZ0R SOME n00bs!"
*runs around corner and gets instantly shot in the head*
"OMG WTF H4X!!11!!!1"
*comes on RSV2 Forums*
"Omg guyz I got pwned by a h4Xx0r!Ban him plz, wtf I wuz wearin full body armor! I should be invincibles!"
Mr. Hanky: *Banhammer for stupidity*

ThePheonix1030
04-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Hm, now that you mentioned it, the CoD4 community were pretty annoying. I wouldn't generalize and say they're all Halo players, though. I never really was a run-and-gun type of player.

catbhoy
04-07-2008, 01:21 PM
I have heard plenty idiots playing R6V2 that's for sure but not in the same league as COD4. COD4 has many more gamers online though, is it just percentages.

I also think the co-op and t-hunt games encourage people to get along or the whole thing does not work. Maybe that's the reason.

DexLuther
04-07-2008, 01:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by catbhoy:
I also think the co-op and t-hunt games encourage people to get along or the whole thing does not work. Maybe that's the reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'd think so lol. I've had people come into my TH room flash, nade, or shoot everyone on the team and then leave.