PDA

View Full Version : RS f**k s up my screen???

GSgod
12-12-2004, 01:29 PM
well hi...the time i have playd RS bout 1 year , i had 3 screens and the problem is : when i start the game or get 2 a server or when i get out of the server and the game my monitor get s some kind of wave kick ..?? the screen get som kinda of wawes but not for long only few sec. and it goes off i have now a new flat monitor so i worry but the same thing happend with my usual last monitor ...and its not the mnitor or my phone it is the game i think BUT WAT is it??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif ty for help....

Gunny Highway
12-12-2004, 10:56 PM
First try setting your Desktop and gaming resolution to the same, sometimes this works and it sets resolution 'easier'.

Also the settings, in Tweaking Raven Shield sticky , vsync enabled and running at highest possible refresh rate at your resolution seems to work best for me. I think that it often the Windows Display settings acting up, in some way.

Also you could try deleting your RavenShield.ini(make a backup of it first) and start game and it will create a default RavenShield.ini.

Also try setting your Windows Display settings and Raven Shield graphics optiosn like resolution again, even if tehy display correct settings, as I said before maybe they somehow are messed up.

Aslo using drivers for your monitor from manufacturer instead of just MS plug&play drivers is a good idea.

GSgod
12-13-2004, 05:15 AM
ty for help m8 but wat did u mean with the last thing didnt get it.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ofcr_Lawless
12-13-2004, 10:43 AM
He means if the monitor came with a cd with the drivers on it, use those. Do not use the drivers that install automatically when you plug in the monitor and turn on the computer. Those are called "Plug and Play" drivers. They are drivers built into Windows so you can plug in a device and it will work...sort of. Anyway, if you want to get the best performance from your computer, you need to use correct drivers from the manufactor of the different devices, monitor, motherboard, video card etc.
Good Luck

GSgod
12-13-2004, 03:12 PM
ill try but i didnt get any CD s with my new monitor... ty for hlp m8

Gunny Highway
12-14-2004, 01:20 AM
Well like most drivers on the CDs that come with hardware they are outdated at the time of purchase.

You can probably find them at your monitor's website.

GSgod
12-14-2004, 08:54 AM
‚¬®cant find the **** page montir name is : TFT-LCD can t find the **** cheise..sorry for bougther

Gunny Highway
12-14-2004, 09:58 AM
TFT-LCD is not the name of the manufacturer it is what kind of monitor it is.

If you find the name and model # I can try and find the drivers.