PDA

View Full Version : Inferno campaign mission 3 (HEROIC)- Is it possible to beat?

Dancing_Satyr
05-27-2006, 05:54 PM
It may be my fault to use heroic mode, but, I can't seem to beat this mission.

It was pretty easy until the this mission, actually. Even in the heroic mode. I was starting to be disappointed, as the whole campaign of the Haven was pretty easy (probably because it was a tutorial, but I didn't liked the fact that a tutorial was the entire campaign of a faction). The first two missions of the inferno were a walk in the park as well, nothing dificult to handle. Didn't even had to load a single time (although I got a little lost in mission 1, but nothing the sanctuaries couldn't solve).

Well, now I'm in mission 3. In the start I thought it would be another walk in the park. Even the first town was easy to the taken, then it gets this "week of the sylvan" and countless upgraded sylvan creatures popped all over the place.

I already tried this map 5 times so far, but couldn't find a propper way to deal with it. I tried building up the sylvan town, but couldn't get enough troops. I tried building up the inferno town but it can't reach the pit fiends and neither reach the city hall. Tried rushing in but can't keep those (very few) initial troops, and as soon as week 2 gets my way is blocked by a few armies of hunters. Now I tried fortify myself and the inital area, capturing the surrounding mines (save the one protected by phoenix) and killing whatever is weak enough around. It was going ok, I already had my inferno town build up the most it can (save mage guild) and already had my sylvan town with treants. Then it comes to the end of week 4. Suddenly, the enemy hero shows up. I have 111 imps, 56 cerberus, 2 pit fiends (starting troops), 129 horned demons, 28 succubus mistress, 5 hell chargers and 15 hunters (lost some against the mages and neutral hunters, even with phantom forces). I thought this was a good army, but... the enemy? 495 sprites, 259 war dancers, 60 master hunters, 27 elder druids, 18 silver unicorns, 10 ancient treants and 5 EMERALD DRAGONS. I tried all the ways but I CAN'T defeat this guy. Our heroes are alike so the only advantage I have towards him is phantom forces, but 28 succubus or 56 hell hounds extra is only enough to kill maybe 2 more unicorns.

Well, I tried going the other way and use Agrael as a bait to make him follow my hero around to try building up, but... as I'm running another hero of him shows up, and save the level he is ALMOST THE SAME (actually a bit greater) in strength of the other that is at my heels. How I'm supposed to win (or even run from) 2 enemy heroes with armies that are close to be 5 times my own? Even exploiting the AI to the most I couldn't win against that, and even if I try to drag them to siege it doesn't helps much as his druids and hunters chop down my own creatures as the dragon go in and kill everyone, and how the best I can do is fort... Really, I want to beat this map, but in the HEROIC. Can anyone who beat it in heroic help out? I've heard about using the neutrals that pop up every week in your army by using sylvan creatures to rise the likeness of this. But my hero has DIPLOMACY and I tried using sylvan units but none of the 40 neutrals around joined me no offered to be paid for. So? What can I do?

Dancing_Satyr
05-27-2006, 05:54 PM
It may be my fault to use heroic mode, but, I can't seem to beat this mission.

It was pretty easy until the this mission, actually. Even in the heroic mode. I was starting to be disappointed, as the whole campaign of the Haven was pretty easy (probably because it was a tutorial, but I didn't liked the fact that a tutorial was the entire campaign of a faction). The first two missions of the inferno were a walk in the park as well, nothing dificult to handle. Didn't even had to load a single time (although I got a little lost in mission 1, but nothing the sanctuaries couldn't solve).

Well, now I'm in mission 3. In the start I thought it would be another walk in the park. Even the first town was easy to the taken, then it gets this "week of the sylvan" and countless upgraded sylvan creatures popped all over the place.

I already tried this map 5 times so far, but couldn't find a propper way to deal with it. I tried building up the sylvan town, but couldn't get enough troops. I tried building up the inferno town but it can't reach the pit fiends and neither reach the city hall. Tried rushing in but can't keep those (very few) initial troops, and as soon as week 2 gets my way is blocked by a few armies of hunters. Now I tried fortify myself and the inital area, capturing the surrounding mines (save the one protected by phoenix) and killing whatever is weak enough around. It was going ok, I already had my inferno town build up the most it can (save mage guild) and already had my sylvan town with treants. Then it comes to the end of week 4. Suddenly, the enemy hero shows up. I have 111 imps, 56 cerberus, 2 pit fiends (starting troops), 129 horned demons, 28 succubus mistress, 5 hell chargers and 15 hunters (lost some against the mages and neutral hunters, even with phantom forces). I thought this was a good army, but... the enemy? 495 sprites, 259 war dancers, 60 master hunters, 27 elder druids, 18 silver unicorns, 10 ancient treants and 5 EMERALD DRAGONS. I tried all the ways but I CAN'T defeat this guy. Our heroes are alike so the only advantage I have towards him is phantom forces, but 28 succubus or 56 hell hounds extra is only enough to kill maybe 2 more unicorns.

Well, I tried going the other way and use Agrael as a bait to make him follow my hero around to try building up, but... as I'm running another hero of him shows up, and save the level he is ALMOST THE SAME (actually a bit greater) in strength of the other that is at my heels. How I'm supposed to win (or even run from) 2 enemy heroes with armies that are close to be 5 times my own? Even exploiting the AI to the most I couldn't win against that, and even if I try to drag them to siege it doesn't helps much as his druids and hunters chop down my own creatures as the dragon go in and kill everyone, and how the best I can do is fort... Really, I want to beat this map, but in the HEROIC. Can anyone who beat it in heroic help out? I've heard about using the neutrals that pop up every week in your army by using sylvan creatures to rise the likeness of this. But my hero has DIPLOMACY and I tried using sylvan units but none of the 40 neutrals around joined me no offered to be paid for. So? What can I do?

Dancing_Satyr
05-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Come on? Nobody has ideas here?

I tried again. Again in the end of week 4 the main enemy hero show up with an army close to the one he had before. It's like he has dragon shirines from the start. I even tried to kill him for once and for all in the start, but his creatures are like scripted. When you kill all there is always one left. This time I tried to reach the druid circle, and I did it. I finally killed the druids and I doubt I can be any gaster, but then the way back was full of sylvan creatures. I had to kill like 2 armies of hunters and 3 armies of war dancers with 20 horned demons alone to get back (I didn't lost this all to the druids, I lost it to one secondary hero who miraculously didn't had an impossible army)...

Also I couldn't wait there as the enemy main hero was going after me.

Any more ideas?

yudKu
05-27-2006, 10:37 PM
try to upgreat both town at same rate
and w8 until the elven hero kill 1 of the high lvl natuar monsterst (phinix or dragons)
when he do that go fast and capture 1 of his seconed towns and it willbe like 1 big lol bug that he will run after u and even if ur town is free from monsters and have no gruds he will run after you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
i run in circel for 4 months there until i had bigger army then him and killed the hero ^_^
try that.....it may work for you too

SandroTheMaster
05-28-2006, 12:22 AM
I think that his problem is that he got another hero in the way with a great army as well. I must repeat that I don't have the final version yet, but I think that he didn't had much choice with powerful blocking heroes from both sides. And he said that he tried to grow both his towns at the same rate.

dimon3000
05-28-2006, 12:43 AM
1.You must have phantom spell. With phantom and gating and upgraded cerberi you can beat neutrals(not fast) that 10 times bigger then your army.
2.Do not take south town. First you must take NW town after that it will be easy to win.
PS Sorry for my English.

tadaeusas
05-28-2006, 06:11 AM
i on the same level and mission, but i can't beat them as well..
i also agree what first we need to capture NW town
i killed druides in the circle grove, but spawning didn't end. where are more damn druids i need to kill...

unreal_az
05-28-2006, 07:49 AM
The only way to finish is to take the castle in NW, clear the way to the druids, leave them alone, go take the southern castle, then kill the druids.
If you take the first sylvian town you are out of the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. The spawning start and in week 4 of spwaning you will have 120 master hunters all over the place.
And don't follow the road. Unfortunately what i've told you is a script workardound http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif and thus a bug :|. I've completed map on Normal and then on Heroic. On normal it's really easy. The problem is not the numbers of creatures spawned (120 elves) but the number of stacks. On normal diff i've played the usual way taking first the castle, letting the script set off and then went for the druids.

Dancing_Satyr
05-29-2006, 02:09 AM
So, technically what you say is that with the initial army I must defeat a horde of elemental guys with 75 hits and unlimited retaliation or sit around for a few weeks untils I have an decent army to fight a horde (probably throught now) of elemental dudes with 75 hits and unlimited retaliation? Really, I'm starting to be depressed against those elementals without building up first. The "steal retaliation with gated" strategy goes down the sink against them (and I'm already with regret from taking hellfire, restarting the campaign seems to be a viable option more and more).

Letherion
05-29-2006, 04:32 AM
This is how i did it.

Choose horned demons to start with. Start of week 2, clear the way up to the earth elementals. Wait till start of week 3, send up a second hero to reinforce Agrael(?) with that weeks unit growth. Defeat the elementals (be sure to have phantom forces or else it will probably be a waste of time.) Take the NW town, build it up, take mines while clearing to the druids. After that i had to chase their heroes back and forth, defeating them one by one till i eventually could take the southern town. After that, pwn the druids, build an army and take the last town.

ShakyFoal
05-29-2006, 04:43 AM
Well they way I handled it was hiring a sylvan hero from the tavern asap. Leveled him and got diplomacy = pick up lots of the spawned mobs and get a ridiculous number of sprites/dancers/hunters.

I started from the bottom up, so I did take the southern town first and built it up to get the sylvan hero some troops.

Dancing_Satyr
06-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Ok, I did all you asked me, NOT WORKING YET.

I gave it another try today (I'm now mostly playing in the multiplayer mode/ hotseat). Well, I tried this strategy of taking the NW town as soon as possible. I took it and the turn after Gilrean (or whatever is the mother****er name) show up with several emerald dragons (and other troops accordingly). This in WEEK 2. I tried making him chase Agrael to leave the town alone, and guess what. He IGNORED Agrael. I tried various and a bit more of times, each time he just ignored Agreal and went right to the town. SAVE when Agrael was IN the path to the town, then he would attack him, but save that he only wanted to know about the ****ing town. I tried go around it and capture the town AGAIN. I barely managed it, with only 5 imps left... well, I try walk around again and I find Gilraen. AGAIN he ignores Agrael to GO after the town and recapture it... This strategy isn't working for me... (I tried restart the game and do the SAME again, but couldn't capture it before week 3... again, same results. It didn't worked ****. He again didn't gave a damn to Agrael and went right to the town.)

Oh, and Gilraen have logistics as well...

How I'm too stubborn I won't lower the dificult. But I just can't find a way to do it. Seems like I'm back to hotseat...

Campaigner_1st
06-03-2006, 04:10 PM
I've defeated it on Heroic by exploiting the script. Look, you must have Expert Logistics to be able to outrun Gilraen. Pathfinding is good too.

Build up the Inferno town , capture mines and use other heroes to carry troops to Agrael. Then go capture the Northwest town. After that I'm not sure what I did. But you can make him chase the closest hero so you can control where he goes. Capture the south town with a secondary hero and when the cutscene with the Druids come, have Agrael close by and kill them A.S.A.P! After that, be prepared to kill as many neutral stacks as possible as they will join Gilraen so he becomes ultrapowerful. What I did was run around the map and capturing towns and hiring whatever was available so he had some losses.

He will recapture your towns but the A.I is dumb as a dorrknob in sieges and the Sylvan town is the best in siege if you're the defender so wear him out! If your hero got Warmachines and brimstone catapult it will be easy to capture towns. Just run around in circles and bait him with other heroes. Then when he have lost enough troops, CRUSH HIM!

Ampuhaukka
06-03-2006, 04:16 PM
LOL, i'm stuck on that map too, and i play with the easiest level. When i think i have good troops, and head north to kill and concure, the CPU comes with 10 emerald dragons, about 80 druid elders, 150 master hunters and so on, when i have 2 devils from the inferno military post, 2 pit fiends, 15 nightmares, 30-40 succubus mistress, about 60 cerberus etc. I don't have a chance that way, but i will try to get that NW town before, on the next time if that would help. But that, "hiring a sylvan hero and get diplomacy and get ridiculous amount of sylvan creatures from the map-idea" is just dumb, because your supposed to play with the inferno, right? If you ask me there is still lot of bad things in the game.

H5forem
06-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Tips:
1. Try to recruit more heroes... they will give you a lot of demons and imps...

2. Try to attack him in his castle... inferno is great in sige attack... the same heroe defeated me in open field...

3. try to attack him as fast as you can...

Here is my battle against the ranger...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/h5forem/c23.jpg

P.S.

26 Succubus and 120 Demons survived the battle...

Justice
06-03-2006, 04:22 PM
The earth elementals are easy... i exploited them a bit since they are so slow http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It took only one stack into combat, hell hounds, and ran away from the earth elementals untill my hero has killed them... almost not an exploit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

SandroTheMaster
06-04-2006, 02:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H5forem:
Tips:
1. Try to recruit more heroes... they will give you a lot of demons and imps...

2. Try to attack him in his castle... inferno is great in sige attack... the same heroe defeated me in open field...

3. try to attack him as fast as you can...

Here is my battle against the ranger...

P.S.

26 Succubus and 120 Demons survived the battle... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got the game yesterday and I'm currently at this map (in heroic, of course).

I just want to say... I can't see this happening in Heroic mode. You start with 5000 gold. Buying ONE secondary hero is already too much gold wise until around week 3 (when you are already with the two gold mines and a secondary sylvan town), but by then the help secondary heroes give is... dismall at best. I got that fir sylvan town right way the first time and found out this was a huge mistake just after (come on! 400 master hunters in the front of the town?). My new try I'm fooling around with Agrael, just not fightning anything. I got a secondary hero to take up the south town when Agrael was somewhat close to te druid ring. Then I killed druid and continued to fool around. I'm now with a fair army in that south town, but the enemy towns have far superior troops, Agrael has NOTHING and no Summon Creatures (couldn't go back to the starting town since the start of the game, so I missed the mage guild level 3 as Agrael is still walking in circles). Agrael is near to danger in nearly all turns with 5+ heroes chasing him. Interesting enough looks like the enemy don't care much of the south town. I'm hopeful that at some point the hero building up at the south town will be powerful enough at some point to go and wack 1 or maybe 2 of the chasing heroes.

night762006
06-04-2006, 05:50 AM
This mission isnt that hard peoplehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
look at my info(scroll down) and others in previous threads about this mission.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1851065692/m/3141030744

DO NOT TAKE THE FIRST TOWN U SEE(south one)
Worked for me.
And build treants asap cause they kick *** once u get the NW town.
Never needed any spells to beat gilraen.

dantares1983
06-04-2006, 08:35 AM
i played the game on normal and i don't have such problems.
finished it on the first try.

I took the first south town quite fast, then tried to upgrade it while clearing those minds. ard mth 2, gilian?? came and attack me at the south castle with dragons and lots of unicorns. with the walls and repeated phantom forces and repeated grating, i managed to hold on, leaving only a few nightmares and scucbus mistress. den i changed all my troops to slyvan troops and begin building up an army. as soon as i gotten dragons (ard mth 3), i went to attack the nw town. won it quite easily again with phantom forces on my master hunters. den the rest is just history.

Skott1962
06-04-2006, 09:16 AM
I did it on the normal mode but it had a bug in it. Basically I did what alot of people on the net suggest. I take that first Sylvan town to the east then workd my way to the NW town as quick as I could and took it. I only had four phoenix's to kill to get there. Spent time buildiing up all my towns and taking mines and grabbing gold piles where I could. I killed green heroes wherever I found them to keep them from being able to build up. They usually had only a few troops with them. Then I went and killed the druids.

This is where the mission went buggy. I went after Gilrean or whatever his name is and the town he defends. When I got there only one of his heroes was defending the keep so I took it. This ended the mission so I'm not sure how I pulled that off. I never killed him but the mission ended and sent me onto the 4th mission.

This game has some serious bugs and issues with it. The missions that I expect to be easy (based on what I read from other posts) are hard and the ones I expect to be hard are easy. Alot of people are not experiencing the same type of game play for these missions which is kinda odd in one sense because they are supposed to be scripted missions.

One thing I have learned is that with this Inferno type army gating is a key playing factor in how you fight the battles. I'm still trying to get the hang of it. Alot of the time I choose the wrong spots to place the gated units. Personally, I dont like the inferno units and I'll be glad to move onto a different campaign.

OrchusGhole
06-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Does anyone else consider this to be a little ridiculous? The only way to defeat this map is to use exploits, getting the enemy to chase you around, waiting to capture the town that is right in front of you, etc. I've tried every logical strategy and have been trounced in the third week by a gigantic elf army. Also, I find it insanely annoying that you cannot convert towns to your faction. It seems very very stupid for Agrael to employ elf heroes and units when his goal is to kill them. You recruit elf units to fight against their own kin...

ChA0sThe0rY
06-04-2006, 01:28 PM
The way I did it.

Take the units you can around the inferno area, dont build any buildings.

Then rush off to the hero at the garrison fight him. (Minimum casualties)

Take over the south town then go up to the earth element (Still Minimum casualties here)

Then go up to the north town beat the hereos that are there and take the rescoures & rescoure buildings.

2 Elven heroes attacked me 1 with decent army 1 with crappy army so prepare for that(it can be more and they can be better).

Buy an elven hero and make him get the creatures from both towns (may want to fight the netrual creatures for xp)

After you think you got big enough army attack that main elven hero (don't remember his name)

If he's not in the town capture it after beating him or before your choice.

Then get the druids wich should be very easy.

Gladi1986
06-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Bright day
Well I played on normal but it was pretty easy on that. By week 3 I had two cities captured already. I guess you can afford to waste time even less on heroic.

rere02775
06-04-2006, 03:46 PM
It seem like this mission I had beat it by some sort of bug.
I'm Just beat this mission in HEROIC a little while ago after gilaen came I just let him capture a bottom town and it seem like a bug or something he never come out of that town althought I ran in front of that town. So the thing that I do is go to kill druid and after kill them I still have my lucky the chasing army that block my way seem to run away for some reason like a bug so after that I went to capture the NW town and waiting until I have enough army and go to beat gilaen then the only left that I have to do is run around and increase my army until I can capture the last town.

Dancing_Satyr
06-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Firt, to the guys saying "it was so easy, I beated it in one go at normal...". I'm talking about HEROIC!!! For the godamned sake! Heroic isn't a walk in the park. It isn't the sissy play of fighting a dozen of neutral stacks. Packs become hordes, hordes become swarms, swarms become LEGIONS.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It seem like this mission I had beat it by some sort of bug.
I'm Just beat this mission in HEROIC a little while ago after gilaen came I just let him capture a bottom town and it seem like a bug or something he never come out of that town althought I ran in front of that town. So the thing that I do is go to kill druid and after kill them I still have my lucky the chasing army that block my way seem to run away for some reason like a bug so after that I went to capture the NW town and waiting until I have enough army and go to beat gilaen then the only left that I have to do is run around and increase my army until I can capture the last town. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't got this bug. When Gilraen took the south town (every time) he then went after Agrael or other town to conquer.