PDA

View Full Version : TM1.6.5 (Thanks to dgrayson)

pharmman17
11-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Happy T-Day everyone! I decided to install TM and followed grayson's instructions. Everything went great, no problems installing. However since installation of TM i've had two "SH4 has developed a...blah, blah and needs to close" msg. Once when I tried "new construction" got all the way to going back to port, hit the "bridge" icon and bam! Next time I tried new career, left Manilla for Luzon, hit the "bridge" icon and same thing happened. Is this a memory problem? I have 1.5 gigs of ram and an nvidia 7900gs card. Would an additional 512 gigs of ram help? Thanks for any info.

pharmman17
11-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Happy T-Day everyone! I decided to install TM and followed grayson's instructions. Everything went great, no problems installing. However since installation of TM i've had two "SH4 has developed a...blah, blah and needs to close" msg. Once when I tried "new construction" got all the way to going back to port, hit the "bridge" icon and bam! Next time I tried new career, left Manilla for Luzon, hit the "bridge" icon and same thing happened. Is this a memory problem? I have 1.5 gigs of ram and an nvidia 7900gs card. Would an additional 512 gigs of ram help? Thanks for any info.

Ducimus_Rapax
11-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Somethings broken. Either you had another mod installed that is incompatible and didnt disable it, installed something on top of TM that isnt compatible, TM itself is not installed correctly, or your SH4 install isn't patched to 1.3

pharmman17
11-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi Ducimus, thanks for the reply, I've got TM 165, TM GFX Pak 2-2 and TM Repeat Patrol Spec Ops installed in that order and I do have 1.3 installed. Should I uninstall, or maybe shut down my Norton?

Wolferz
11-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Pharmann,

512 gigs of RAM ain't gonna fit. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif 512 Meg will though. I use a memory optimizer utility and it tells me that Winblows XP coupled with SH IV and Nortons uses 1.62 gigs of Ram. So, if you bump your RAM up to 2 Gigs you "should" be ok.

pharmman17
11-23-2007, 06:20 AM
Thanks Wolferz; I uninstalled SH4, did a reinstall, d/l patch 1.3 and will try to do the TM thing again...if it doesn't work this time i'll go buy another gig of ram.

pharmman17
11-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Well, i've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, talked to a computer guru type who said that an additional 512mb ram wouldn't help...so I guess I can only play with stock version. From what I did see during the short time before the crashes TM165 is really cool and is what should have been in the stock game originally!

Thanks for your help anyway guys.