PDA

View Full Version : E3 Countdown and Discussion

teddaman2
04-10-2006, 08:21 PM
This thread is specifically created to countdown to when we will see our official "new" info on Splinter Cell Double Agent. This is also open to any discussion.

For those who don't know E3 is a huge expo, where thousands of developers and publishers show off their games. This can make or break a game. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory got its main boast for E3.

Please keep this on topic, no flames, and no trolls.

Countdown:
27 days

teddaman2
04-10-2006, 08:21 PM
This thread is specifically created to countdown to when we will see our official "new" info on Splinter Cell Double Agent. This is also open to any discussion.

For those who don't know E3 is a huge expo, where thousands of developers and publishers show off their games. This can make or break a game. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory got its main boast for E3.

Please keep this on topic, no flames, and no trolls.

Countdown:
27 days

InfectedAss
04-10-2006, 08:28 PM
I realy don't want them to release anymore infromation on the plot. Like its stupid just that they've already anounced Lambert gets kidnapted and stuff like that, like i want to be surprised, god! But what i realy want to see is A video of people played the new SvM, And also some footage on Singleplayer. I also want them to demonstraight Sam doing some new kickass moves : )

MKCC14
04-10-2006, 08:30 PM
I dont think they are going to release any more plot info. they are probably now want to show some videos instead of talking about all these wonderful things they are doing and show it.

Most likely all you will hear at E3 is gameplay features, info, and videos of SP, SvS, and SvU.

Fiendish_Dude
04-10-2006, 08:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> This is also open to any discussion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yay! The possibilities are endless..........................................
That was fun! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

PointedCow
04-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Release a demo on Xbox live after e3!!!!

Iservealot
04-10-2006, 10:02 PM
WHen is e3?

Knot3D
04-11-2006, 02:21 AM
For E3 06, I'd like Ubi to be more straight up, more honest about the game than with CT.

I mean ; graphics & gameplay in the final release to be not toned down or chopped up
from what is promoted at E3.

CT @ E3 seemed to have this phenomenal visual
fidelity and level design, both which got scrapped from the final game.

Deceit doesn't make new nor happier customers.

Terrax213
04-11-2006, 11:42 AM
No kidding .. it's amazing how much Hokkaido was watered down from what they showed at E3. It looked almost life like .. we were all in complete awe at how it looked ... the same sure as hell can't be said about the final product. The graphics were still bad *** for CT, just not to the extent of what we saw at E3.

cooldude6681
04-11-2006, 04:54 PM
I agree. In CT one thing I was looking forward to was the rainstorm starting halfway through the level (lighthouse) instead of at the beginning. No progressively murkier puddles in the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Iryxian2
04-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Whoever doesn't know what E3 is shouldn't even be here...don't even know why they would be.

IonG.O.D.
04-11-2006, 06:17 PM
What day is e3 this year?

Jackie Fiest
04-11-2006, 06:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IonG.O.D.:
What day is e3 this year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any questions you have about E3 I'm sure can be answered here (http://www.e3expo.com/). http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

PointedCow
04-11-2006, 10:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terrax213:
No kidding .. it's amazing how much Hokkaido was watered down from what they showed at E3. It looked almost life like .. we were all in complete awe at how it looked ... the same sure as hell can't be said about the final product. The graphics were still bad *** for CT, just not to the extent of what we saw at E3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well then you are gona love Double Agent. Basicly CT was a toned down version of Double Agent's engine or what ever you want to call it. They problley showed it maxed out on some crazy *** computer that is as good or if not better then 360. So for double agent they are problley going to max out the engine to what ever they can. so it should look great http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

They made the CT engine with the next gen in mind. The game i thought looked fantastic. Best looking xbox game to date.

Knot3D
04-12-2006, 02:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PointedCow:
well then you are gona love Double Agent. Basicly CT was a toned down version of Double Agent's engine or what ever you want to call it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*sigh* So...DA will deliver what CT promised at E3 ?

Basically, the CT pc version E3 build was at peak ; Ubi showed sm3.0 shiny floor shaders, more complex shader refraction (transparant glass) and the full 100% of environmental weather effects through use of particles and animated meshes (waving trees & shrubberies).
Aesthetically, textures & shaders combinations
looked better in the E3 build.

And then there was leveldesign which seemed to cater for ultra tight & tense stealth.

The final featured none of above. This was really sour for pc gamers who had just upgraded solely for this game.

Obviously, Ubi toned down the final build to cater for low end pc's as well in order to generate more sales.

If one promotes a game to gaming enthusiasts on pc @ E3 ; please be honest, Ubi so you do not have to backpeddal about a chopped up game, by means of forum community managers.

Silent_Skull
04-12-2006, 09:34 AM
The E3 demo is always better than the final version! I don't get it.. Is it something psychological? Do they only show us the best features and not the downside? Or is it because of the long waiting for the game our expectations grow because we read previews, watch movies and screenshots and such? Those things are only glimps of the final version.. In most cases we are dissappointed of what we buy in the stores and the boards are full of complaints.

I guess we'll never know

Terrax213
04-12-2006, 09:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Silent_Skull:
The E3 demo is always better than the final version! I don't get it.. Is it something psychological? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look at it this way:

When you go into Burger King and look up at the picture of the Whopper on the menu, what do you see? You see a big, plump, juicy, fresh hamburger. It looks so good it makes your mouth water and your stomach churn even more.

Now, when you order that burger and sit down, then take it out of the box, how does it look? It sure as hell doesn't look the same as what was displayed on the menu. It looks like something that was run over by an 18 wheeler and smashed with a sledge hammer before they threw it into the container.

Pretty much it's the same concept with the E3 game demonstrations. The developers and publishers want to present something that captures people's interest and makes them drool, which contributes to higher sales when the game comes out. This isn't just Ubisoft, this is every publisher out there. It's a marketing technique.

Silent_Skull
04-12-2006, 10:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terrax213:
Look at it this way:

When you go into Burger King and look up at the picture of the Whopper on the menu, what do you see? You see a big, plump, juicy, fresh hamburger. It looks so good it makes your mouth water and your stomach churn even more.

Now, when you order that burger and sit down, then take it out of the box, how does it look? It sure as hell doesn't look the same as what was displayed on the menu. It looks like something that was run over by an 18 wheeler and smashed with a sledge hammer before they threw it into the container.

Pretty much it's the same concept with the E3 game demonstrations. The developers and publishers want to present something that captures people's interest and makes them drool, which contributes to higher sales when the game comes out. This isn't just Ubisoft, this is every publisher out there. It's a marketing technique. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

k, you got a point there. I was talking in general by the way not about ubisoft. I experienced this also with The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. I was so impressed by the game before it even came out, that the final version actually sucked (well, a little)! The boards are also full of complaints about the tiniest things. Though it's still the bestselling game out there

Knot3D
04-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Ah c'mon. It's about some 'factual' items here.

It's crystal clear they dropped some hefty nice shaders and particle fx from the final build.
At least that hamburger still has all the ingredients as advertised.

..and yes, expectations went high becuz the original Montreal team was back again. Maybe they were a bit out of shape becuz of the hamburgers ? ......lol

teddaman2
04-12-2006, 06:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PointedCow:
Release a demo on Xbox live after e3!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not likely, I wouldn't expect a demo until at least a month before the release date.

Stefan_Agent
04-27-2006, 02:28 AM
well,for all those who did not know it or had still some doubt,I can confirm to you to 100% that splinter cell DA will be regularly present to the next E3 .
at this link http://www.e3expo.com/conference-program/speaker-list.aspx

find: julien gerighty\splinter cell double agent\ubisoft shangai !!!

we expect large surprise! ....

Shadow_147
04-27-2006, 02:59 AM
Argh, i have speaking exams on 10th and 16th...
I really don't wanna get distracted...
Well, ****.

Returners
04-27-2006, 10:38 AM
is DA going to be @ E3 at all? Haven't heard anything from Ubisoft regarding DA for quite a while. =S

scworld
04-27-2006, 11:54 AM
E3 is meant for the media, not for the public.

Stefan_Agent
04-27-2006, 12:26 PM
E3 is meant public show ingame and trailer footage for the fans....
and,DA is going at E3 ..
http://www.e3expo.com/conference-program/speaker-list.aspx