PDA

View Full Version : wanted or asa

wabashop2011
07-10-2011, 02:44 AM
This is not a question as to which mode is better, but more as to which mode requires more skill.

Both wanted & asa has its share of luck, but both modes require a skill factor.
So my question is...

Which mode in your opinion, requires more skill?

wabashop2011
07-10-2011, 02:44 AM
This is not a question as to which mode is better, but more as to which mode requires more skill.

Both wanted & asa has its share of luck, but both modes require a skill factor.
So my question is...

Which mode in your opinion, requires more skill?

obliviondoll
07-10-2011, 02:51 AM
If it actually worked, I might consider possibly saying Assassinate, but even then, I'd probably still go with Wanted.

Luck makes a bigger difference in Assassinate than it does in Wanted. Lag is MUCH worse, as well, which makes luck even more critical. For me, to the point of the mode being unplayable since the PSN outage.

whattafool
07-10-2011, 02:56 AM
To win? Definitely assassinate.

To get scores? Definitely wanted.

swiftavenger212
07-10-2011, 03:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
If it actually worked, I might consider possibly saying Assassinate, but even then, I'd probably still go with Wanted.

Luck makes a bigger difference in Assassinate than it does in Wanted. Lag is MUCH worse, as well, which makes luck even more critical. For me, to the point of the mode being unplayable since the PSN outage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a bit hard to judge for assasinate due to lag, and I do think luck plays a bigger role in assasinate than wanted.

Assasinate skills are in building streaks (atleast for me).

I would say wanted is more skill based since it requires more skill to get a higher score.

persiateddy95
07-10-2011, 04:07 AM
I find them both the same, just that in Assassinate you have more people to kill, or at least you have many to go for, and not only stick to 1 target at a time. That's the difference between the 2 and why Assassinate gives you higher scores.

obliviondoll
07-10-2011, 04:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
I find them both the same, just that in Assassinate you have more people to kill, or at least you have many to go for, and not only stick to 1 target at a time. That's the difference between the 2 and why Assassinate gives you higher scores. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're missing the times Assassinate gives you "who locked on first?" battles. Those come down more to luck than skill. And often lag makes it look like you won right up until you're halfway through the kill animation, then flips it on you and you die.

persiateddy95
07-10-2011, 04:19 AM
Some people are fast lockers, and in a no lag situation wins who's faster, and it's usually the faster player.
You just need to be aware of your surroundings and be ready to lock.

demFroG
07-10-2011, 06:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whattafool:
To win? Definitely assassinate.

To get scores? Definitely wanted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My thoughts exactly..

Crumplecorn
07-10-2011, 07:47 AM
In assassinate the game tracks everybody for you, and you can target anyone you want, and you can 'expose' pursuers, and you can chase targets without actually starting chases, and I could probably think of more difficulties from wanted which are missing in assass if I thought about it.

The only difficult part of assass is the lock on-battles, which come down to luck, lag, and occasionally a little twitch skill.

So, um, Wanted.

MonsterJunkese
07-10-2011, 07:51 AM
How to play assassinate and do well:

Step 1: Run to a arrow on your compass
Step 2: Lock onto him and spam a smokebomb
Step 3: Kill him

Thats it.

Wanted is waaaaaay more fun and waaay more skillfull to play. Shame they added assassinate to ffa.

Kramerisgamer
07-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Assassinate requires very little observation skills as you can LOS screen anyone and there are no real surprises or stealth in knowing exactly where everyone is coming from.

Just Krispy
07-10-2011, 09:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You're missing the times Assassinate gives you "who locked on first?" battles. Those come down more to luck than skill. And often lag makes it look like you won right up until you're halfway through the kill animation, then flips it on you and you die. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So true which is why I don't play it much....

Dellers
07-10-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm only able to play assassinate. There I'm almost always in top 3, very often top 1. Usually at least 4k points, and a good ratio. Stealth all the way. Wanted is just waaay too hard for me, with the ones hunting me starting at most 50m from me, and the one I'm hunting (of course I'm not the only one) are on the oof on the other side of the map, and I'm getting target lost almost instantly. It seems every random thing in this mode works against me, so that I would have to be a god to even have a chance.

lynx_1985
07-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Well I just wanted to be a bit off topic and say how I feel about the two modes. I don't know about which mode requires more skill, I am awful at assassinate and the lag present in it puts me off. The lock system could also be improved up on as well, including wanted. I stick to wanted because I love the mode so much! Having people after you whilst you are hunting somebody else is great! Plus you have to try and figure people out in wanted. With assassinate people tend to not move as much so you are usually going to get a faster paced game playing wanted, however I love the mode so I am extremely biased!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonsterJunkese:
Shame they added assassinate to ffa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup I have to agree as people who are extremley good at assassinate can hit big scores, 10k+'s, consistently. These scores are very hard to come by in wanted, I may hit a 9k or 8k game once a week but thats it, baring in mind I play a lot! However assassinate is a FFA mode so I really can't complain, it would be good to see them split the FFA boards into both assassinate and wanted respectively in Revelations.

Stowdace
07-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Wanted requires more skill than Assassinate. I say this mostly because most Assassinate matches I get into end up as "roof battles" and flat maps like Siena usually end as "poison-smoke fests".

persiateddy95
07-10-2011, 11:14 AM
It would actually be much easier to get to #1 with only Wanted in FFA. At least for me.

Like I said, I find them equally the same. In Assassinate you just can get more kills.

PryingTuna85649
07-10-2011, 12:52 PM
They both require skills. They just require different sets of skills.

Some people are able to do both well, but a lot of people are better at one or the other. That has to do with how a person is naturally.

I personally am better at Wanted. In some ways, I think Assassinate is harder (because it's so hard for me), but other times I think it is just up to luck (the lock system).

But I think they are both equally difficult...just 2 different kinds of games.

Orobas88
07-10-2011, 01:06 PM
I play and enjoy both, and I recognize that they're quite different, but I'm going to have to go with Wanted as requiring more skill if only because Assassinate tracks and reports line-of-sight on every other player.

Ripe Claw
07-10-2011, 08:37 PM
I have not enjoyed AssAssinate since the day they released it. I haven't played it since the second day it came out. I decided to actually give it a try over the weekend. I might have been up against the worst players in the game for all I know, but they were all GM's and I scored 6500 and got 2nd place in one match, I won 1 of the matches with around 6k. I fully expected to go into the games and score in the 2s or 3s

I play Wanted every day at least 5 matches, usually 10 matches. I have to work much harder for the 6500 point matches in Wanted, even against people under level 50. I still dislike AssAssinate. Getting 6500 and second, 6k and first, it just wasn't fun at all for me.

Rainie
07-10-2011, 11:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PMSKrispy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You're missing the times Assassinate gives you "who locked on first?" battles. Those come down more to luck than skill. And often lag makes it look like you won right up until you're halfway through the kill animation, then flips it on you and you die. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So true which is why I don't play it much.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Agreed. Usually if I play that mode either one of 2 things will happen to me:

1) if im on the roof and had just killed someone and there is a person nearby, I'll prepare my lock and wait for them to peek from under the roof ledge. But somehow just before anything besides their hands have become visible they've locked on to me and i get killed (and I know this because I'll run over to try and kick their feet down but get pulled off the roof instead)

2) I'll lock onto someone before leaving a blend group but get killed because they've apparently targeted me before I did. But unfortunately I didnt get the pursuer notification until after I have a dagger in my throat.

I think in theory, Assassinate is an excellent mode but with latency issues it can become a pain -_-

wabashop2011
07-11-2011, 02:33 AM
I would say wanted, due to how were mostly limited compared to assassinate.
Wanted gives us limits, such as one target per contract, while being able to have 3 pursuers on you.
It makes scoring a 10k in wanted for example, more satisfying as opposed to assassinate.

Assassinate has a lot more freedom to it, and it definitely requires it's skills.

In wanted, the odds are stacked against you more.

The huge Luck factor is almost always attributed to lag.
Which is definitely more present in assassinate than wanted.

blazefp
07-11-2011, 04:14 AM
definitely wanted. Asa requires too much luck a lot of times. Wanted is simpler and much better

PryingTuna85649
07-11-2011, 05:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriticalraine:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PMSKrispy:
So true which is why I don't play it much.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Agreed. Usually if I play that mode either one of 2 things will happen to me:

1) if im on the roof and had just killed someone and there is a person nearby, I'll prepare my lock and wait for them to peek from under the roof ledge. But somehow just before anything besides their hands have become visible they've locked on to me and i get killed (and I know this because I'll run over to try and kick their feet down but get pulled off the roof instead)

2) I'll lock onto someone before leaving a blend group but get killed because they've apparently targeted me before I did. But unfortunately I didnt get the pursuer notification until after I have a dagger in my throat.

I think in theory, Assassinate is an excellent mode but with latency issues it can become a pain -_- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had it happen so many times with the stupid contract thing it's ridiculous. I've also had people not show up on my compass AT ALL when I've been in the bottom. Not to mention if you get kills on certain people and they haven't been able to get kills off on you (because you use defenses), they get mad and start to target ONLY you. The entire "spawn-die" thing that happens the entire match is just obnoxious. It really does feel more like playing Halo multiplayer than ACB.

giaquinto718
07-11-2011, 05:29 AM
i'm gona have to choose assassinate, because i love pure/true free for all, and I like to kill alot : )

BigBalledEagle
07-11-2011, 08:34 AM
In my opinion, Assassinate requires more skill. It seems that the best players are always the ones at the end of the train and always find ways to get a streak before every death. In Wanted, it does seem more luck-orientated at times, because certain targets/pursuers will not stop sprinting around the map with Templar/Gun.

IBYCFOTA
07-11-2011, 08:47 AM
I would definitely say Assassinate takes more raw skill to succeed at, but Wanted is a better and more enjoyable mode.