PDA

View Full Version : Explain please

gothpunkboy89
12-18-2011, 07:53 PM
I would like to know how I got a 200 point gun death.

The new gun bonus execution adds 100 points for killing a running target with the hidden gun. Which is the only bonus that could even apply here because I was on the ground and not a roof.

But here is the issue, I WAS STANDING STILL. That means the kill should have just been a 100 point kill. I was playing Corrupted and it was the start of the match and given the low points it is not like a kill streak kicked in.

Or does the game consider standing stationary in a blend group "running" now.

There was no other person killed so it couldn't have been a multi kill bonus. I looked though all the bonuses you can get and none of them would have activated for the first kill of a corruption game were I am standing still and they pull a gun on me.

so WTF!?

Redbanana27
12-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Assisst kill must of been one of them, the other one im not too sure about.

Edit: First blood and assist kill

S_Guy
12-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Maybe it was
First Blood +50 (for the first Kill)
and Poacher +50

gothpunkboy89
12-18-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm pretty sure just like man hunt, Corrupted doesn't have a first blood. And it wasn't an assist kill.

Redbanana27
12-18-2011, 08:01 PM
How do you know it wasnt an assist kill???

ARIANit_
12-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Corruption does, in fact, have First Blood ... or so I believe.

Regardless, I've been killed by people with guns for 200 points, too.

lockerxzx
12-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Even 500 points is quite possible

BeCk41
12-18-2011, 08:40 PM
that's nothing, I've been killed by people who spark chases with me and shoot me with the gun for an astonishing 400 points. Usually when this happens I just shake my head and my face usually looks like this----> (-_-)

gothpunkboy89
12-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Thinking back it wasn't the first kill of the game. I was like the 2nd or 3rd kill. And all the kills were on the other side of the map. So there was no one around to assist the kill.

So no first blood or assist kill. And the multi kill never adds into your kill total. It just adds in secondary and not shown to your killed target.

EnterinPwnZone
12-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by gothpunkboy89:
Thinking back it wasn't the first kill of the game. I was like the 2nd or 3rd kill. And all the kills were on the other side of the map. So there was no one around to assist the kill.

So no first blood or assist kill. And the multi kill never adds into your kill total. It just adds in secondary and not shown to your killed target.

Oh now when people found an argument against your first post you totally change and say it was the second or third kill.

marq08
12-19-2011, 01:48 PM
This sounds like assist kill + diversion or something.

Honestly there are so many possible bonuses that a 200 point gun kill isn't worth worrying about. I break 1k+ with the gun daily now. Often once per game. 200 point gun kills aren't worth fretting over

Anykeyer
12-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by BeCk41:
that's nothing, I've been killed by people who spark chases with me and shoot me with the gun for an astonishing 400 points. Usually when this happens I just shake my head and my face usually looks like this----> (-_-)
Some bonuses still apply to chase kills. Like revenge and non-silent streaks. Then you can gain variety and x2. So its possible to score even more than 400.

Redbanana27
12-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Hahaha i just got an 1100 point gun kill, you mad bro!

gothpunkboy89
12-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by EnterinPwnZone:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gothpunkboy89:

Oh now when people found an argument against your first post you totally change and say it was the second or third kill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh say what you will I have had 200 gun kills on me that I know for damn sure were not assisted or first blood kills.

Manhunt. 2 people after me. stunned 1 and took off. I heard gun lock and stopped to keep from giving them executioner bonus. I get shot and drop. It was quick enough that the guy I stunned couldn't have locked on yet again.

DannyStrong
12-19-2011, 02:29 PM
200-250 point kills aren't that uncommon, you usually get a few bonuses like diversion or assist or something in those kinds of situations where a gun would be used.

lx_Reafer_xl
12-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Stupid use of the x2 bonus maybe.
Or a combination of two +50 point bonuses.

Either way, I have to agree with everyone else.
Getting shot for 200 points isn't a big deal...

gothpunkboy89
12-19-2011, 02:47 PM
it is when it happens several times in a game and when there is no reason for it to be gained

deadly_thought
12-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by lx_Reafer_xl:
Stupid use of the x2 bonus maybe.

this wouldnt surprise me at all rotfl

gothpunkboy89
12-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Wanted.

Guy in 4th place makes a 1k kill to jump into 2nd just a hundred points behind me.

There are only a few seconds left in the game. I am running away hoping to prevent a kill and wind out the time. I hear a gun lock so I instantly let go of my controller to come to a dead stop.

I'm shot for 200 points.

I lose the lead as he gains the necessary points to get ahead of me by just 100 points.

No way an assist would activate. At best he would get a poacher bonus but that would be 150 and if x2 activated 300. Was not a variety because it would again be at least 300. Savior did not activate because my target was on other side of the map.

There was no reason for the extra 200 points gained by that gun shot. Were i running full blast to get around a corner (not that it matters. 50% of my gun deaths they shoot though a wall.) I would understand. But standing still really doesn't explain anything.

E-Zekiel
12-20-2011, 04:25 PM
poacher + diversion. If YOU were running in the last seconds of match, it's not at all unlikely that nearby pursuers were also running.... after you.

Or it could have just been latency, and on his end you were still running. Thus, 200 points.

also a potential kill x2 bonus. Which would be 200 as well.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Are you trying to say everybody that uses a gun is boosting or something?

TheMute88ORL
12-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Just accept it. The gun is fun. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

When I now can get any different amount of bonuses AND streak AND pop variety on a hidden gun kill it's just too damn fun.

gothpunkboy89
12-20-2011, 04:42 PM
No. not boosting though I'm sure you could if you had a lobby with several friends. Mid air + execution + greater or extreme variety + poacher + savior + x2.

And how can you get a diversion on a wanted match? Isn't that a team only award? And diversion unless they changed the points isn't that a +75 point bonus?

What annoys me is an ability that can and does let you kill outside of the ability to defend yourself and give you points for something you shouldn't have earned.

The gun works as long as you can lock onto them. And lock range is pretty far. Even with throw able abilities they can still stand out of range.

And apparently mute has no effect on people aiming the gun. Because I have got people in solid mutes and been shot as i ran to stun.

I have no issue getting an occasional high gun kill. but every gun kill against me no matter what i do is always 200 points.

And given the gun's ability to stop aiming and kill or shoot and go right for a kill without the short delay regular kills have added with the extreme range of it and kill streaks stack with it. It is just kinda ****ing me off a bit.

Drakuaza
12-20-2011, 04:52 PM
What are you complaining about?
I got shot once for 950 points.

How do you think I felt? 200 points is nothing.

obliviondoll
12-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by gothpunkboy89:
I hear a gun lock so I instantly let go of my controller to come to a dead stop.

I'm shot for 200 points.

I lose the lead as he gains the necessary points to get ahead of me by just 100 points.

No way an assist would activate. At best he would get a poacher bonus but that would be 150 and if x2 activated 300. Was not a variety because it would again be at least 300. Savior did not activate because my target was on other side of the map.

There was no reason for the extra 200 points gained by that gun shot. Were i running full blast to get around a corner (not that it matters. 50% of my gun deaths they shoot though a wall.) I would understand. But standing still really doesn't explain anything.
Lag = You still running on his screen when he fires = 200 point kill.

And you missed the possibility of a no-bonus x2 kill - 100 x 2 = 200.

Just saying.

gothpunkboy89
12-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Drakuaza:
What are you complaining about?
I got shot once for 950 points.

How do you think I felt? 200 points is nothing.

1k gun shot. beat you on that.

And you can't say 200 is nothing. I've seen games won and loss by less points.

And given that a discreet kill only is giving 50 more points but puts you well within range of being attacked. Yea rather annoying.

If gun had the weakness of ACB. Namely the ability to have mute actually effect them while aiming the gun. Or after shooting leaving them vulnerable for a few seconds it wouldn't be all that annoying.

but the ability to shoot, kill, and then drop smoke all in rapid fire. Yea got an issue with that.