PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on pre-order

Shawn85
03-13-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm thinking of preordering the deluxe addition but I need some clarification on a few things.
-is the preorder just for download? I will order right now but I want a physical copy shipped to me
-beta access, when is this starting?
-1 month free for heroes kingdoms, isn't this just a free ****y web game?

Shawn85
03-13-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm thinking of preordering the deluxe addition but I need some clarification on a few things.
-is the preorder just for download? I will order right now but I want a physical copy shipped to me
-beta access, when is this starting?
-1 month free for heroes kingdoms, isn't this just a free ****y web game?

Shawn85
03-14-2011, 03:15 AM
60+ views on not 1 reply? Come on now, were all fans of the series to a certain extent lets help each other out...

Kartabon
03-14-2011, 04:25 AM
0.- Double post is not well seen :P
1.- The preorder can be for the download or boxed version afaik
2.- No one knows for sure when the beta will start. Rumours aim at mid-april (znorkish intuition :P)
3.- HoMMK is a web-based game developed by ubisoft. It's a good one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Shawn85
03-14-2011, 05:09 AM
I suppose I'm inconsiderate, thanks for the reply my friend.

GamerGeek87
03-14-2011, 06:54 AM
If by deluxe addition you mean the deluxe digital edition, then that is only for download. You can still get the collectors edition for a physical copy, if you get the regular edition you can choose to get a physical copy or download.

Shawn85
03-14-2011, 07:50 AM
if i preorder the physical copy at my local eb games will still get beta access and all that junk? why would anyone need a month subcription to a free browser best game? thanks for the answers both previous and in advance.
cheers

KingImp
03-14-2011, 09:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shawn85:
-is the preorder just for download? I will order right now but I want a physical copy shipped to me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It depends on where you are located. If you are in the U.S. like I am, then you are out of luck (screwed, as Xhane put it) for a physical copy of the Collector's Edition.

Apparently, according to Ubi, there is no demand for such a product in this area. Didn't realize we were such a rinky **** country that would not bring in a lot of money for this game. It's almost as if they want this series to fail. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Sorry for going off there, but it really irks me beyond belief how not only my country, but other large ones who clearly have an interest in a physical Collector's Edition, are being ignored.

Shawn85
03-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Lol, ur tangent is justified because this is an unbelievably stupid move. I don't care at all for the physical trinkets (if they were academy related absolutely but there not), but the ingame perks would have been nice. There hurting themselves financially so its nothing we need to be too concerned about I guess. Ill order the collectors version of the academy expansion (assuming this awkward nationalist gimmik is out of their system by then). There still certain in game perks for preordering the reg addition I'm assuming?

GamerGeek87
03-14-2011, 09:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There still certain in game perks for preordering the reg addition I'm assuming? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not much, but you get access to the beta(whenever that is) and two ingames ULCs(no info on what they actually do afaik).

Shawn85
03-14-2011, 09:54 AM
It would be nice if this company offered pre-ordering post confirmed release date and offered sufficient info on the terms of related awards. Enough hate for now though, the game looks great so far though eh?

znork
03-14-2011, 11:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KingImp:
Apparently, according to Ubi, there is no demand for such a product in this area. Didn't realize we were such a rinky **** country that would not bring in a lot of money for this game. It's almost as if they want this series to fail. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Start a camapin and get us people to demand it ubi will change its mind. They realy like money.

Shawn85
03-14-2011, 11:49 AM
No, if they want to withhold premium merchandise from the largest geographic group good for them. Let their sales suffer for it. I'm getting a little annoyed now, on ubistore there not even letting me order a physical version of the normal edition? Has anyone had success in north america preordering a physical copy with beta key and promised perks?

RakothMaugrim
03-14-2011, 12:19 PM
As far as I know, the only thing you don't get from the Pre-Order download only (deluxe) edition is the physical collector's stuff.

You get the extra heroes, you get the extra map and in game items, beta access and MMHK month. This for an extra 5 dollars.

I don't much care for the T-Shirt, the Artbook would have been nice, and the music CD will show up online eventually. (The only physical item I wanted really, the soundtrack to HoMM is usually very good)

KingImp
03-14-2011, 09:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by znork:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KingImp:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Start a camapin and get us people to demand it ubi will change its mind. They realy like money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Short of me mentioning it every chance I get here, on Celestial Heavens, on Heroes Community, and on Facebook (which I have been doing since the pre-order news came out), I don't know what else I can do.

I will say this though, in all four of those places I mentioned, there are a lot of unhappy people with this decision to exclude their region from getting a physical copy of the Collector's Edition. If Ubi doesn't do anything to rectify this considering how many are up in arms about it, then it will show they clearly don't care about the fans.

znork
03-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Start a face book group? ubi loves facebook