PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't they all NEW MAPS!!!

Kutter28
11-15-2011, 11:11 AM
So I just picked up the game and have noticed that some of the old MP maps have made they're way back.

Do you think this is fair?

Is this a way out for Ubisoft to use maps they have already made?

I've played these maps and was looking forward to learning new ones. Not more of the old ones. Anyone else feel a little disappointed in this??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Kutter28

Kutter28
11-15-2011, 11:11 AM
So I just picked up the game and have noticed that some of the old MP maps have made they're way back.

Do you think this is fair?

Is this a way out for Ubisoft to use maps they have already made?

I've played these maps and was looking forward to learning new ones. Not more of the old ones. Anyone else feel a little disappointed in this??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Kutter28

persiateddy95
11-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Yes and no.

I'm sure it feels great to have the old ones back, but at the same time only 5 new maps shows Ubisoft is lazy.

Taekwonthis
11-15-2011, 11:15 AM
I think its great that they brought back a couple of old maps people seemed to have liked. Its not like it doesnt have plenty of new things in the game. Lets not be too picky now. They didnt do it out of lazyness im sure they thought people would like it.

Crumplecorn
11-15-2011, 11:17 AM
I, too, hate when developers persist good content.

CrazyShrapnel
11-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Makes things sound more impressive. A dozen maps including "old favourites" sounds better than half a dozen maps. Hopefully they still have some ACR-made maps to release though.

<sub>Other than day/night variations.</sub>

E-Zekiel
11-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I like the presence of old maps but I swear, I only got the new maps like twice when playing last night, lol.

rocketxsurgeon
11-15-2011, 12:08 PM
I like the old maps and i like the new maps.
It adds variety while giving the player a sense of familiarity. I'm sure Ubi have some community unlocks in store for us to add some new maps.

Naughty Dog added their old U2 maps to U3, though there are more new maps than old ones. It's still nice to see a few old favourites though.

Chronomancy
11-15-2011, 12:33 PM
If I wanted the old maps I would play Brotherhood.

RebeccaLH
11-15-2011, 12:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
If I wanted the old maps I would play Brotherhood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
^^ 'nuff said.

Kutter28
11-15-2011, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:

Thats how I feel. I bought a NEW game to play NEW levels. If they wanted to make the old levels as a download for later then that would be cool, but I wanted to learn new maps not 3 I've played in the beta and from there just get 2 more or something like that. Just a lil disappointed I guess. I just feel it was lazyness to go this way.
Kutter28

systemaddict13
11-15-2011, 03:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kutter28:

Thats how I feel. I bought a NEW game to play NEW levels. If they wanted to make the old levels as a download for later then that would be cool, but I wanted to learn new maps not 3 I've played in the beta and from there just get 2 more or something like that. Just a lil disappointed I guess. I just feel it was lazyness to go this way.
Kutter28 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you really buy it for new maps? Or did you buy it for the iterative gameplay changes that enhance the game?

Mind you, it's fully fair of a paying customer to expect both - but few games are able to pump out that much content in a single year, every year.

I'm disappointed by it too, but not because I don't like those levels. I'd just rather they make changes to them, set them at different time periods, add obstacles: just make them interesting. Otherwise, why not just include ALL of the levels from Brotherhood?

DannyStrong
11-15-2011, 04:06 PM
while i enjoy playing the new maps more because theyre new. I'm not against including the old maps. More variety is better...

DreamcasterXL
11-15-2011, 06:16 PM
I am sure if you asked Ubisoft they would consider the main selling point of Revelations to be the single player mode, the multiplayer is not the game in itself therefore with a 12 month development schedule it's highly unrealistic to hope for not only an entirely new single player world (which is the majority of resources would've been directed at) but also ten or more completely new multiplayer maps.

That said the new maps are generally much larger and far more intricate than most of Brotherhood's multiplayer maps - we're talking Pienza and Alahambra scale here, which is a significant amount of work so I think some people are a bit unfair thinking they're getting less.

Sadly by being Alahambra like it also means that I personally don't like them too much gameplay wise. Galata is beautiful to look at but it has all the problems of Pienza and Alahambra , namely the scale and complexity of it tempts the less confident players to take to the roofs within five seconds of the round starting.

DreamcasterXL
11-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Oh, and personally I do welcome the best of the Brotherhood maps do Revelations, as Brotherhood MP will suffer quite a rapid decline in popularity (raw player base wise) so it's nice to keep the good maps from Brotherhood alive.

But message to the devs - SIENA SIENA SIENA, or a Turkish clone of it please. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kutter28
11-16-2011, 07:07 AM
Don't get me wrong I love the old maps too. But I feel that maybe they should of been an after download maybe. I've played these maps a ton. So maybe add something new to our beloved maps to make them just a little bit different. But I do understand that is a lot of work to do in just 1 year.

I was able to play more last night and had a ton of fun and can't wait to get home to play more. Damn work always getting in the way.

Ripe Claw
11-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Thank goodness they aren't all new. The old ones are still the best maps in the game.

QuickBrittle
11-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Inclusion of old maps (for *free*) is a hell of a lot better than Ubisoft offering a "retro map pack" later for a *not free* price.

Seriously, this is something worth complaining about?

cryenauxvoleur
11-16-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't mind that they brought back some old maps. I wish they would have brought back a few more old characters, though. I'm really going to miss playing as the Thief. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Anyway, I do prefer the old maps against the new ones, but I still think that they could have had a little bit more new maps. It should be mostly new maps with a few old ones included, in my opinion.

Either way, there's really no point in complaining, as Ubisoft isn't going to do anything about it.

marq08
11-16-2011, 11:40 AM
I wish there were more old maps myself. I love the new maps, but why not have all the old maps and all the new maps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rocketxsurgeon
11-16-2011, 12:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by systemaddict13:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kutter28:

Kutter28 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you really buy it for new maps? Or did you buy it for the iterative gameplay changes that enhance the game?

Mind you, it's fully fair of a paying customer to expect both - but few games are able to pump out that much content in a single year, every year.

I'm disappointed by it too, but not because I don't like those levels. I'd just rather they make changes to them, set them at different time periods, add obstacles: just make them interesting. Otherwise, why not just include ALL of the levels from Brotherhood? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This.
You shouldn't have to change the disk if you want to play brotherhood maps, neither should they be the majority of revelations' maps.

I like it when time to time old maps pop up. I shouldn't have to go 'I fancy playing Rome, so i have to play ACB now'.

It should have a balance between new and old maps. Old maps are more than ok to be in revelations, we're just talking ratios here.
It's not that we should take the old maps out, it's that more new maps need to be put in.

RebeccaLH
11-16-2011, 12:39 PM
After playing some more multiplayer im realy enjoying it now, but still the map thing annoys me.

Yes its nice to have brotherhood maps , but thats what they are, brotherhood maps. When people are spending there money on a new game they expect there to be new things and not just a repetition of whats already been with a few more maps.

Steelbadger
11-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Consider that it would take considerably less work/time to put the AC:B maps in, so if the choice is 5 AC:B (old) and 5 AC:R (new) maps or 6 AC:R (new) maps, I'd probably go for the 5,5 option.

Getz_It_17
11-16-2011, 01:50 PM
I actually welcome the old maps since they added new gametypes like artifact assault and its fun to play those with new objectives. I like playing AA on Castel and Vienna. Great maps and I like the old feel with the tweaks they added to the whole mp as well.

DreamcasterXL
11-16-2011, 06:24 PM
AA on Castel is a riot, it's end to end. Forget defence just score one more than the opposition.

Zoidberg747
11-16-2011, 08:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DreamcasterXL:
AA on Castel is a riot, it's end to end. Forget defence just score one more than the opposition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It is a lot worse on venice. But yeah, I love me some AA on Castel, because it usually ends up being a really high offensvie game,kinda like those last ones we played lol

AVanguardLeads
11-16-2011, 08:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DannyStrong:
while i enjoy playing the new maps more because theyre new. I'm not against including the old maps. More variety is better... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had to reply to this because of that last line. How is adding more old maps than new ones increasing variety? I see what you're getting at but really. I can't tell you how ecstatic I was to see Venice had returned, but they should have added more AC:R maps. Adding a decent amount of new maps as well as a few classics would have been just fine. And for all the people saying it would be a lot of work creating new locations with only a years time to do it, that's on them. If Ubisoft can't put the same amount of work into every release they should not be releasing them annually. Is it too much to ask that a game I spent my hard-earned money on be worth the $60 I paid for? No, not at all.

DreamcasterXL
11-16-2011, 08:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zoidberg747:
It is a lot worse on venice. But yeah, I love me some AA on Castel, because it usually ends up being a really high offensvie game,kinda like those last ones we played lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those were really good games until that last session when it became horribly one sided. I was going to call the police because what you and your team did to us in that session is illegal in most US states. xD

I don't like the way AC:R meddles with the teams, it should balance them not unbalance them.

lane42
11-16-2011, 08:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
I like the presence of old maps but I swear, I only got the new maps like twice when playing last night, lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. It's been two days now, and for me it's been all Rome, Venice, and Gandolfo. I'm already getting tired of them. In total, I think I've seen a new map maybe three times.

postwick
11-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Why wouldn't they bring back the old maps? I think every game that is just an evolution of the original should have ALL the maps from ALL the versions. Why not?

This is what the original Socom series did. Socom 1 had something like 10 maps, and they added 12 more in Socom 2...so you had a total of 22 maps which was AWESOME.

SniffyPenguin
11-17-2011, 07:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postwick:
Why wouldn't they bring back the old maps? I think every game that is just an evolution of the original should have ALL the maps from ALL the versions. Why not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This game is more like a devolution in many ways.