PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed gone gold

DigitalChaos19
10-25-2007, 12:28 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6181699.html?action=conver...g=latestnews;title;2 (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6181699.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;2)

sweet... now just gotta get me another 360.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

DigitalChaos19
10-25-2007, 12:28 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6181699.html?action=conver...g=latestnews;title;2 (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6181699.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;2)

sweet... now just gotta get me another 360.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

SergeantCarnage
10-25-2007, 12:51 PM
This game just looks silly amazing to me. I saw video of a gameplay demonstration from some conference and it was unreal how the character can move through the city. The way he climbed the walls and towers was something I hadn' seen before. Just another reason Ubisoft is the best. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif And yes I am aware that last line was shameless butt kissing.

seductivpancake
10-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Wow. All that for 10 bucks more. Sold.

Magiz
10-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Nice.

If the game still looks good in the reviews, I'll probably pick up the Limited Edition. It looks as if they're giving a decent amount of extras in it.

AUmike734
10-25-2007, 02:37 PM
AHHH, YEAH!!

Can't wait!!

Brimtown
10-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Looks incredible so far. However, the gameplay could make or break this one. How many times have we seen an awesome looking game, only to see it fall apart because of lousy game controls? From what I've read, this game eschews the typical controls, and uses a unique method of control. This could be a very good thing - or a very bad thing.

kimi_
10-25-2007, 03:27 PM
We recently flew in 12 gamers to try out the game for themselves and they said that it took a bit to get used to the controls but at some point it clicks in your head and you just get it...then from there forward it's intuitive. Errr I may not be explaining it as well as them, so you might want to check the actual thread in the AC forum to get it from the horse's mouth. :P

Brimtown
10-25-2007, 03:39 PM
But see, that's the thing. How many gamers are going to have the patience to keep going until "it clicks" in their heads?

I think that designing games is a double-edged sword. Most gamers say that they want new, innovative games. But when you give them something that's truly new and innovative, many of them get frustrated rather quickly and say "Screw this, I want to play Halo instead".

Or maybe I just have a pessimistic view towards people in general. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Brofase
10-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Not interested.

NEXT

VexedEnigma
10-25-2007, 04:07 PM
I can't wait for Assassins Creed! From what's been shown up to this point it looks like it'll be a top contender for game of the year. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

dropK1CK_ninJA
10-25-2007, 04:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brimtown:
But see, that's the thing. How many gamers are going to have the patience to keep going until "it clicks" in their heads?

I think that designing games is a double-edged sword. Most gamers say that they want new, innovative games. But when you give them something that's truly new and innovative, many of them get frustrated rather quickly and say "Screw this, I want to play Halo instead".

Or maybe I just have a pessimistic view towards people in general. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I agree. I have been guilty of that before.

If it doesn't click within some decent time period I give up.

Ninja Kn1ght
10-25-2007, 04:55 PM
What I've seen of Assasin's Creed looks like it has quite a few technical issues, especially screen tearing. The climbing mechanics look great but I'm not convinced by the combat. It seems like the animations are overly long. I'm definitely going to wait for the reviews on this one. I wonder how the PS3 version will turn out.

seductivpancake
10-25-2007, 06:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AUmike734:
AHHH, YEAH!!

Can't wait!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Really? I was under the impression that you disliked this game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

AUmike734
10-25-2007, 07:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Seductivpancake:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AUmike734:
AHHH, YEAH!!

Can't wait!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Really? I was under the impression that you disliked this game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!

Magiz
10-25-2007, 08:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ninja_Kn1ght:
What I've seen of Assasin's Creed looks like it has quite a few technical issues, especially screen tearing. The climbing mechanics look great but I'm not convinced by the combat. It seems like the animations are overly long. I'm definitely going to wait for the reviews on this one. I wonder how the PS3 version will turn out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, that's exactly why I'm waiting on the reviews. Some of the past demos I saw worried me.

DocHolidazed
10-25-2007, 10:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Magiz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ninja_Kn1ght:
What I've seen of Assasin's Creed looks like it has quite a few technical issues, especially screen tearing. The climbing mechanics look great but I'm not convinced by the combat. It seems like the animations are overly long. I'm definitely going to wait for the reviews on this one. I wonder how the PS3 version will turn out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, that's exactly why I'm waiting on the reviews. Some of the past demos I saw worried me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry, they can patch the problems within months of it's release. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif
I'm kidding. I am putting faith back into UBI, that they will produce a quality product. This project has been in production longer than H3 was. It better be good. I think it will be.

Weiskrus
10-26-2007, 01:43 AM
It's the type of game that will last players I'ld say 3-4 months before it comes back to EB/Gamestop shelfs for a difference of 10 dollars from the original price. It's a great game but it's got no replay value, unless you like to zip through the stage again flawlessly making yourself look "Pro".

Trade value? game is 59-69$CDN. probably get 24$ credit the first month and a half. could stay at 17-20$ later on. aslong as other gamers don't come back trading it in within the first month. if more people bring it back the value depreciates. =/

What this game needs is a multiplayer function that lets you play Tag. =D 8 players total. 1 assasin. 7 defenders. Objective? assasination. Person that can elude and kill with out being caught. Defender that kills the assasin becomes the assasin. unlock achievements such as perks for assasin/defender. Can have 1-2 active per round/game.

Don't mind me just some random hallow ideas.

DocHolidazed
10-26-2007, 05:39 AM
That's a great point Weis. Replay value and shelf life. This game, like bioshock, is campaign only. I haven't heard anything about future downloadable content, or multiplayer. As deep and open ended as the gameplay could be. We will see this game come and go by feb.

This is a perfect example of a modern day "rental". Rent it, use and abuse the story mode 3-4 times, get your achievements, then, send yesterdays news back to Gamefly.

Eliptyk73
10-26-2007, 07:55 AM
I agree. It'll be fun while it lasts, but it'll wear out quickly.
Game developers need to start adding multiplayer to their games these days. With so much networking going on, not only over the games themselves, but on forum communities such as this, people want games that they can pop in and play with friends. The games that don't have multiplayer features are going to be shorter and shorter-lived as networking grows stronger.

F3NOM
10-26-2007, 08:05 AM
They said, or in this case she said, (Jade), that all of the ledges on the buildings were climbable rite. Well the question I have is how large are theses Beautifal places? Jerusalem, Damascus, or ACRE. I would understand that this is like an open ended game. How Open though?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kimi_:
We recently flew in 12 gamers to try out the game for themselves and they said that it took a bit to get used to the controls but at some point it clicks in your head and you just get it...then from there forward it's intuitive. Errr I may not be explaining it as well as them, so you might want to check the actual thread in the AC forum to get it from the horse's mouth. :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

[QUOTE] But see, that's the thing. How many gamers are going to have the patience to keep going until "it clicks" in their heads?

Or maybe I just have a pessimistic view towards people in general.
[/QUOTE[

Ghost Dog 3
10-28-2007, 05:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think that designing games is a double-edged sword. Most gamers say that they want new, innovative games. But when you give them something that's truly new and innovative, many of them get frustrated rather quickly and say "Screw this, I want to play Halo instead".

Or maybe I just have a pessimistic view towards people in general. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

I noticed that as well. I think people only want extras then changing.

So many idea's to put in a game to please hundreds of thousand gamers but only one game to do so!

Must be stressful for the gaming teams that make games.

Brimtown
10-28-2007, 06:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eliptyk73:
I agree. It'll be fun while it lasts, but it'll wear out quickly.
Game developers need to start adding multiplayer to their games these days. With so much networking going on, not only over the games themselves, but on forum communities such as this, people want games that they can pop in and play with friends. The games that don't have multiplayer features are going to be shorter and shorter-lived as networking grows stronger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, up to a point. Adding multiplayer alone won't make a game memorable. There are dozens of multiplayer games out there that get forgotten more quickly than a game with only a solid single-player campaign like Bioshock. The problem with multiplayer is that there's really only so many different modes you can do, and most of them wind up just being generic repetitions of each other.

The way to really ensure longevity is to allow user-created content. Far Cry is a perfect example - even though the 360 version has been out for over 1.5 years, it still has a very loyal fan base. As games go, it's not a very ground-breaking game - most wouldn't even really call it a true "next-gen" title. But whereas dozens of multiplayer games have come & gone since FCIP, the ability to create your own content ensures that this game will never truly get old. Same thing with Timesplitters - that game has been out for a very long time, but still has a solid fanbase.

zeeEVIL1
10-28-2007, 07:42 AM
I second everything that Brimtown just said.
Far Cry has good multiplayer though it is kind of old school style, but the ability to create content has given that game more life than 90% of the dreck that has been released. With nicer graphics and the ability to create gametypes like Halo does would make any game with the ability to create content stand out from the pack.

MuttonChopYaz
10-28-2007, 10:12 AM
There will always be single-player games that just can't use or don't need a multi-player feature.

DocHolidazed
10-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Single player games with no multiplayer = Rental

I myself don't need map making, or custom game design included. Different people have different wants and or needs in a game. I'm just a multiplayer type of gamer. I like a great story mode. What I really want though is quality online play.

Eliptyk73
10-28-2007, 02:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brimtown:
I agree, up to a point. Adding multiplayer alone won't make a game memorable. There are dozens of multiplayer games out there that get forgotten more quickly than a game with only a solid single-player campaign like Bioshock. The problem with multiplayer is that there's really only so many different modes you can do, and most of them wind up just being generic repetitions of each other.

The way to really ensure longevity is to allow user-created content. Far Cry is a perfect example - even though the 360 version has been out for over 1.5 years, it still has a very loyal fan base. As games go, it's not a very ground-breaking game - most wouldn't even really call it a true "next-gen" title. But whereas dozens of multiplayer games have come & gone since FCIP, the ability to create your own content ensures that this game will never truly get old. Same thing with Timesplitters - that game has been out for a very long time, but still has a solid fanbase. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I agree with you whole-heartedly. I didn't mean that multiplayer alone makes or breaks a game. I was just saying that it helps keep the game from going back to the retailer after a few months. And certainly having user-created content increases a game's replay value by ten-fold. Those two things help to get the gamer more involved in the game- keep them interested in a game that, if it had a campaign only, would soon become boring.
...I haven't actually played Far Cry, but I know with Halo 3 that Forge/Custom Games will be the thing that'll keep me coming back for more during the next couple of years.

Ragster6466
10-31-2007, 01:25 AM
Making levels in Far Cry = Fun lol but Assassin's Creed mmmm been hearing about it for such a long time, hoping that my parents will gimmie some cash for an Indian Holiday on the 11th heehee