PDA

View Full Version : Haven mage 4-5 towns build tactic

InfinitusMD
11-07-2011, 08:32 AM
On Tree of Plenty map player can get in his possession lots of towns (4-5). Resources are limited, you can't build all, buy all ... As Haven mage what dwellings will build you in this towns, all towns to be build ? Economists please show your skill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

InfinitusMD
11-07-2011, 08:32 AM
On Tree of Plenty map player can get in his possession lots of towns (4-5). Resources are limited, you can't build all, buy all ... As Haven mage what dwellings will build you in this towns, all towns to be build ? Economists please show your skill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mist_Weaver
11-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Haven't played that map. Sounds like it would be a good idea to put in as many Marketplaces as you can (+500 gold per day) as quickly as you can, wait until your primary hero reaches Level 10 (or Level 6 if they have Mentor) and then start hiring Heroes you can teach Economist II (acts as additional marketplace) and Architect II (reduces cost to upgrade buildings) for.

This will let you act as though you have 8-10 markets total, so as long as you were upgrading your town halls the resource crunch won't be all that bad.

GoS_Ultima
11-07-2011, 10:14 AM
After that get all the core creatures in greater numbers and work on getting your spells strong. If its hard to get creatures spells become very very powerful for the scenario.

InfinitusMD
11-07-2011, 04:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This will let you act as though you have 8-10 markets total, so as long as you were upgrading your town halls the resource crunch won't be all that bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good idea for any faction, hero. Let's put more accent on Haven mage. I think for Haven mage top priority is to build in all towns vestals and glories ... For the rest Angels are good too but are so resource demanding. To build or not to build Angels ? To focus on build one fully equipped town with tear of asha as program maximum ... Or a little bit buildings in this town, little bit in another ... From what i seen on this map if you attempt to build everything every were is hi risk to loose game to well done rush ...

Vercinorix
11-07-2011, 11:37 PM
For me, everything depends on who has the earliest access to the resource spawns on the center island. If you can get there first and clean it out, you can develop all the unit generators in all 3 of your first towns. I find that I cannot afford to buy dwelling upgrades in more than one town to start, so I choose the town that will be my assault jump off point to get those. I also don't have upgraded elite units till I control half of the map.

As a point of information, as far as I have seen there is no further trade ratio benefit for any extra marketplaces beyond 5. So your first 3 starter zone cities and 2 support heroes will get you that.

InfinitusMD
11-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Idea of this topic is coming from my game vs Vetalkl on Tree of Plenty map. After this game my visions about H6 game strategy has changed a lot. Mirror game Haven-Haven. First surprise came then my scouts seen first time his main hero, level 26 hero vs my level 20 hero ! How ??? As usual i took for my hero marksman specialty. His hero have enhanced enlightenment specialty. Still not enough to explain huge difference in hero levels. As he explain after game he take almost all gold from chests for hero XP. On map were you don't have money for build all towns you take chests for XP, was big surprise for me...
In game i take control over Tree of Plenty. By the way Tree in center give new portion of resources every week. Build up in 5 towns. In main town i build tear of asha, but no 5000 gold per day, must be bag ... Build in all towns advanced markets. And here i start to be very annoyed with all this economy staff to feed up 5 towns, buy arts from 5 markets every week ... So i decided to put and end to this game. I buy all army i can, not all. And i go assault his closest town. I took his town for free, no resistance. Two day later i took another town. Was surprised he not defend his towns ... Looks like he have no money to buy army to fight, i took him by surprise. And hear in this moment i think i done mistake that maybe cost my the game ... I not marched over his main town but decided to use advantage given from have in possession more towns. Reason - i have more towns, means i have more troops, gold income ... I wait doing auxiliary business for week or two. Looks like this time was enough for him to buy 18 angels and so on ... In battle he used retaliation aura level 3 on angels. Also is very important for main hero to pass level 25, 28% resurrect from Haven racial is huge difference. After game Vetalkl said one of his main priority is to build Angels ... Not sure it was angel strategy, or huge hero level difference, all in one look impressive in the end ...

Mist_Weaver
11-12-2011, 02:21 AM
The AI does start with a large amount of resources and troops waiting to be bought; even when the player will have to take money from chests the AI is not similarly limited.

Those could explain some of the discrepancies.

InfinitusMD
11-12-2011, 05:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The AI does start with a large amount of resources and troops waiting to be bought; even when the player will have to take money from chests the AI is not similarly limited.

Those could explain some of the discrepancies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In my case was player vs player game, both humans ...