PDA

View Full Version : Ace Edge Flight stick for 360

deathdealer0013
08-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know if the game will support the Hori "Ace Edge" flight sticks from Ace Combat? I know that IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey does. HAWX also supports them. So I am hopefull this will as well.

deathdealer0013
08-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know if the game will support the Hori "Ace Edge" flight sticks from Ace Combat? I know that IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey does. HAWX also supports them. So I am hopefull this will as well.

Steiner
08-08-2009, 12:22 PM
I'd like an answer to this question also.
If HoE don't support my Ace Edge like BoP does then I doubt I'll be getting HoE.
So, somebody in the know answer please.

B_WHITE00
08-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Is this the same hardcore dedicated AJ.Axle from the HotP forums? The one who always had the scoop? And you're thinking about *not* buying it after all these years?

I'm pretty sure that flightstick will work just perfectly with HoE, as a no name flightstick I bought worked for HotP on the PS2.

Steiner
08-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Yeah, ...it's me A.J. Axle Steiner.
How's it hanging?

If you remember I was the one who first asked on the HOTP forums if the Hori FlightStick 2 would be supported in HOTP on the PlayStation 2. Well, we all know now that the devs at I.R. Gurus never bothered with supporting the Hori FS 2 HOTAS.
Instead they supported the Logitech Wingman Force Feedback stick but without any real force feedback which made the stick feel sloppy.
Then on the Xbox 1 the only option was the Thrustmaster Top Gun Fox 2 Pro which had to have the button functions programmed every time the game was booted up. Programming the Fox 2 for HOTP was a complicated task and I remember having to have a cheat sheet check list to get it right, ...and there was no provision to use the voice chat head set on LIVE either.

So, here comes HoE and I have my Ace Edge HOTAS all set-up and ready to go but if the control lay out is like Blazing A-holes or Over G Fighters, ...I gonna have to pass.

Steiner
09-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Bump for an answer from Transmission...

Steiner
09-16-2009, 08:51 AM
bump

AnttiV
09-16-2009, 11:34 AM
From this (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6961076977/m/4151081887) thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Console Controllers:
I'm not exactly sure which controllers will work with the console versions, as we don't have all of them in-house to test. The Ace Edge controller relies on the game having Ace Combat style control mappings (Throttle on triggers, A/B to fire, etc), which we do not have. Your best bet is a configurable console flight stick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

by Justin_Heroes

SpartanBlind
09-16-2009, 06:04 PM
this is very sad that the ace edge does not work. i know it would not have been hard to add another control scheme. many copies will not be sold due to this

Steiner
09-17-2009, 11:25 AM
That sucks. Even if this was the worst flight title in history if it supported my Ace Edge flight stick I would buy it.

Steiner
09-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Is there going to be a patch for the Xbox 360 version that will enable the use of the Hori Ace Edge flight stick?