PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade System

Quiet_Professor
04-18-2010, 11:05 AM
With the current upgrade system for weapons, more than half of them are completely useless. Also the fact that once you put an upgrade on your weapon you can't take it off. This eliminates any customization to fit our own play styles. As it stands, there's only two weapons to take. The 5.7 pistol and the MP5-SD3. Anything else is just kind of pointless.

Now I doubt this can be patched. If it can, then that's great. If not, then this is my idea for how the upgrade system should be done in the next Splinter Cell. Similar to how the suits are done. You could only choose three of them to equip at a time.

There should be more than three upgrades per weapon. Pistols however won't have as much customization simply because they're just pistols.

A. Pistols: Suppressors, Laser Sights, Extended Mags, Ammo Upgrade, Improved Barrels, and Reflex Sights.

B. Assault Rifles: 2x Scopes, 4x Scopes, Reflex Sights, EoTech Sights, Suppressors, Laser Sights, Enhanced Stocks, Improved Barrels, Extended Mags, Ammo Upgrades, and Grips.

C. Sub Machine Guns/Machine Pistols: 2x Scopes, 4x Scopes, Reflex Sights, EoTech Sights, Suppressors, Laser Sights, Enhanced Stocks, Improved Barrels, Extended Mags, Ammo Upgrades, and Grips.

D. Shotguns: 2x Scopes, 4x Scopes, Reflex Sights, EoTech Sights, Suppressors, Laser Sights, Enhanced Stocks, Improved Barrels, Slugs, and Grips.

Instead of being forced to put certain things on your weapon to max out it's "marks", your number of "marks" is increased once you've purchased all the upgrades for that weapon. Then you could apply whatever you'd like to it to fit your play style.

PS: The AKS-74U is NOT a sub machine gun Ubi. Also you do NOT put optics on the SPAS's folding stock. That is simply the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Quiet_Professor
04-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Another upgrade for shotguns could be LTL/Less Than Lethal ammunition. Stuff like bean bags, air foil rounds that were in previous games.

Baztian
04-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Sorry but this looks like a useless poll. Isn't it obvious that people like options? If you wanted to take away something in the game then it's worth polling but giving people options is always good.