PDA

View Full Version : Can't Connect after 1.16

BenCougar
06-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey gang, I saw a couple "unable to connect" concerns, but nothing since 1.16. It worked fine for me before 1.16 and GameSpy says I'm connected. However, every time I try to connect to a game server, it just keeps try and eventually errors out, saying unable to connect.

I have my firewall, antivirus, etc. turned off.

I have exited, rebooted, retried many times. Single player works fine. Everything was great until I installed 1.16 - any ideas? Please help!

BenCougar
06-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey gang, I saw a couple "unable to connect" concerns, but nothing since 1.16. It worked fine for me before 1.16 and GameSpy says I'm connected. However, every time I try to connect to a game server, it just keeps try and eventually errors out, saying unable to connect.

I have my firewall, antivirus, etc. turned off.

I have exited, rebooted, retried many times. Single player works fine. Everything was great until I installed 1.16 - any ideas? Please help!

l_priZm_l
06-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Many users have been experiencing this issue with v1.16. It's a bug-related issue with the Anti-Cheat. I suppose its been addressed many times, so the next patch should include fixes.

RANGERB1951
06-25-2006, 05:03 PM
you have to connect to a server that up-dated to 1.16 that's your version now....if the server has not added the server side to 1.16 you can't

BenCougar
06-25-2006, 05:14 PM
I appreciate the responses. However:

1. Are you saying there is no workaround until the next bugfix?
2. The different version does not appear to be the problem - there are separate messages when a server is not upgraded to the latest version. As per the message subject - I am on 1.16.

Doesn't anyone know of a workaround until the next bug fix is released?!

l_priZm_l
06-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Some had luck after re-installing.

sofbear
06-25-2006, 05:36 PM
Well, I haven't really had any troubles. One buddy of mine tried to serve and I just couldn't get in--screen just got stuck on black. I think that might be more bandwidth related though as I go no error messages. I noticed that when another buddy tried to host I got in fine and we had a great game. But we play coop. Great having "new" maps. I don't know if the anti cheat is in issue with coop. None of us cheat anyway. What's the point? I just don't get cheaters, the need for anticheat gum-up-the-works software, and that is why I never play anything other than coop with pals.