PDA

View Full Version : 3rd person cheat view on the PC?



adarwinter
05-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Hey there.
i read somewhere that the console versions have a cheat code enabling 3rd person view (no, not the view when in cover mode) for single player or maybe t-hun as well.

was i right?

the main question is - is there also the same cheat for the PC?

i also read some other cheats like gunfire looking like lazers and other weird stuff. are these cheats available on the PC too? cuz i didnt find any source for PC cheats anywhere...

adarwinter
05-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Hey there.
i read somewhere that the console versions have a cheat code enabling 3rd person view (no, not the view when in cover mode) for single player or maybe t-hun as well.

was i right?

the main question is - is there also the same cheat for the PC?

i also read some other cheats like gunfire looking like lazers and other weird stuff. are these cheats available on the PC too? cuz i didnt find any source for PC cheats anywhere...

GSG_9_Rage
05-02-2008, 08:28 AM
I just looked up the cheat codes and there appear to be no 3rd person cheats or any other cheats except for unlocking the M468 and Tavor.

adarwinter
05-02-2008, 10:29 AM
are u talking about these being the only cheats for the vegas2 game in general or the PC?

cuz here are the cheats for the 360's version:
http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/rainbowsixvegas2cheatscodes.html

and i wonder if these cheats are available on the PC as well...

ITSTIME2KA
05-02-2008, 02:55 PM
There are currently 3 cheat codes!! YES 3, one is for RAG DOLL MODE, GI JOHN DOE MODE and the other is for 3rd party mode. So yes there are codes out there, I have them and they are so-so I don't prefer them.

All The best and good gaming,

ITS TIME2 KA

hoellenfeuer
05-02-2008, 05:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ITSTIME2KA:
I have them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post them.

neilthecellist
05-02-2008, 05:46 PM
You guys, use your brains. It's easy, (albeit it costs a bit of money if you don't have the right tools up front)

Get an XBOX360 controller (doesn't matter if it's wired or not, Microsoft or not, it just has to be a Windows/XBOX360 compatible controller) and plug it in.

Make sure your PID/VIDs are synchronized from Windows to the Vegas directory, particularly in KellerJoysticks.ini or something.

Then type in (while holding down RB) :

X B X B left-control-stick-click left-control-stick-click Y A Y A right-control-stick-click right-control-stick-click

(Make sure you have the controller enabled from Vegas2's option menu first. Then disable it so you can play with your mouse/keyboard again).

The game totally feels like Gears of War + Hollywood tactical with 3rd person on. Even more Hollywood when you have super-rag-dolls on.

hoellenfeuer
05-02-2008, 06:59 PM
How to use them without Xbox 360 controller? Console commands/ codes?

ANightMares
05-02-2008, 11:35 PM
enable console trough ini file

The rest its easy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif



But personally we didn't like how RSVegas looked in 3rd person.
Good luck



cheerios
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

adarwinter
05-03-2008, 05:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ANightMares:
enable console trough ini file

The rest its easy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif



But personally we didn't like how RSVegas looked in 3rd person.
Good luck



cheerios
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can't u be more helpful, buddy?

what INI file should one change to get the console running? and inside that file, what exactly should be changed?

once console is enabled, what are the commands one should input to get the cheats working?
what is X? what is B? is X the "use\command" button? is "B" the grenade button?? PC users dont have a clue what these commands are and how to translate the controller to keyboard and there are too many combinations to try.

if someone knows this we would all appreciate his help in the matter.
thanks.

hoellenfeuer
05-03-2008, 06:45 AM
I did not ask how to open the console. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

adarwinter
05-03-2008, 07:48 AM
i did!

can no one here post how to enable the console AND the cheats themselves?

adarwinter
05-05-2008, 01:56 AM
humpty bumpty....

anyone?
should i give up?

DexLuther
05-05-2008, 04:49 AM
B = Grenade Button
X = Reload
A = Action button (open/close doors, etc)
Y = Weapon switch
RB = Vison mode

Other keys you'd probably need to use:
Crouch key
Zoom/use scope key

The GI John Doe mode is pretty cool, and even works in versus. It's the opposite of the way it looked in the GI Joe show though.

adarwinter
05-05-2008, 07:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DexLuther:
B = Grenade Button
X = Reload
A = Action button (open/close doors, etc)
Y = Weapon switch
RB = Vison mode

Other keys you'd probably need to use:
Crouch key
Zoom/use scope key

The GI John Doe mode is pretty cool, and even works in versus. It's the opposite of the way it looked in the GI Joe show though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for trying to help, mate, but its useless.
in the cheats u need to click the left or right control sticks. there is no such thing on the keyboard. also vision mode is 2 seperate buttons on the pc. one for thermal, the other for NV.

so there are no cheats for the PC that can work? i was a lil hyped for the 3rd person mode though.

adarwinter
05-11-2008, 03:36 PM
still nothing on this?
anyone?

asianprince213
05-11-2008, 03:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neilthecellist:
You guys, use your brains. It's easy, (albeit it costs a bit of money if you don't have the right tools up front)

Get an XBOX360 controller (doesn't matter if it's wired or not, Microsoft or not, it just has to be a Windows/XBOX360 compatible controller) and plug it in.

Make sure your PID/VIDs are synchronized from Windows to the Vegas directory, particularly in KellerJoysticks.ini or something.

Then type in (while holding down RB) :

X B X B left-control-stick-click left-control-stick-click Y A Y A right-control-stick-click right-control-stick-click

(Make sure you have the controller enabled from Vegas2's option menu first. Then disable it so you can play with your mouse/keyboard again).

The game totally feels like Gears of War + Hollywood tactical with 3rd person on. Even more Hollywood when you have super-rag-dolls on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lamo did some dimwit just suggest we buy an xbox controller for the sole purpose of using this cheat? wow you're breathtakingly cerebral

GhostDance.2000
05-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Wow! No need to flame him for giving a solution to your need to cheat!

neilthecellist
05-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Yeah, seriously.

Besides, my controller cost me $8.99 USD.

No joke. And I had this controller for Guitar Hero III (as a backup in case the guitar controller died)

So seriously, watch your tone before you post.

GSG_9_Rage
05-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Keep it cool, all of you. Thanks.

EricDime9
05-11-2008, 10:50 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif OOOOH MY GOD!!! The XBOX 360 CODES REALLY WORKS WITH THE PC VERSION!!! ALL YOU NEED IS AN XBOX 360 CONTROLLER http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

while in terrorist mode or single, press start and then:
(while holding down RB) :

X B X B left-control-stick-click left-control-stick-click Y A Y A right-control-stick-click right-control-stick-click[/quote]

GusSabbath
05-20-2008, 01:47 PM
I entered GI Jonh Doe mode. What's it susposed to do? I didn't notice a difference.

adarwinter
06-25-2008, 05:19 AM
i bump from the past.

any news on a 3rd person view on the PC?
it feels so dumb to have it available with a controller but not a keybosrd...