PDA

View Full Version : Lan-Gaming Problems

DavidBoren
12-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Hi All!

I have a problem, I hope some1 can help me.
First I want to say, that I'm a swiss guy, so please excuse the writing faults http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

I would like to play Lock On via local network (LAN) with my father, but I have a strange problem:
When my father joins on my server, than he is getting low framerates (1-3 fps) in the game.
At the start (first 30 seconds) it's quite fluently, more than 30 fps. But the longer he plays so much the worse frame rates he gets.
In single player campaigns he always gets around 60 fps or more, so it can't be a "to slow hardware problem" (AMD 3000+, 9800Pro, 1GB Ram etc.)
Something has to be wrong with the game or network.

Even if he is hosting a server, I can join and play absolutely normal but he gets always low frame rates..
We tried everthing, make a mission just with two planes for us, set all graphic options to minimum, deactivate firewalls, disconnect my Internet cable etc. We have both the same Game-Version (1.02) and our network works otherwise normal. (File transfering etc.)
The network protocols are all ok, (TCP/IP, NW Link Netbios, IPX), we have exactly the same protocols)
My father reinstalled his network card, but ofcourse without any results.
My PC isn't to slow neither (AMD 64 3800+, Nvidia 6600GT, 1 GB Ram etc.)

I would be very happy, if you guys could help me!

THX!!
David

DavidBoren
12-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Hi All!

I have a problem, I hope some1 can help me.
First I want to say, that I'm a swiss guy, so please excuse the writing faults http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

I would like to play Lock On via local network (LAN) with my father, but I have a strange problem:
When my father joins on my server, than he is getting low framerates (1-3 fps) in the game.
At the start (first 30 seconds) it's quite fluently, more than 30 fps. But the longer he plays so much the worse frame rates he gets.
In single player campaigns he always gets around 60 fps or more, so it can't be a "to slow hardware problem" (AMD 3000+, 9800Pro, 1GB Ram etc.)
Something has to be wrong with the game or network.

Even if he is hosting a server, I can join and play absolutely normal but he gets always low frame rates..
We tried everthing, make a mission just with two planes for us, set all graphic options to minimum, deactivate firewalls, disconnect my Internet cable etc. We have both the same Game-Version (1.02) and our network works otherwise normal. (File transfering etc.)
The network protocols are all ok, (TCP/IP, NW Link Netbios, IPX), we have exactly the same protocols)
My father reinstalled his network card, but ofcourse without any results.
My PC isn't to slow neither (AMD 64 3800+, Nvidia 6600GT, 1 GB Ram etc.)

I would be very happy, if you guys could help me!

THX!!
David

konkussion
12-03-2005, 03:58 PM
What are the specs of his computer?

DavidBoren
12-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Hi again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

As i mentioned in my first post:

AMD 3000+, 2 x 512 MB DDR 400 Ram, Ati 9800 Pro etc.

Greetz

konkussion
12-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Oh sorry My eyes must have glazed over..

I don't know a whole lot about LAN hosting, but I bet if you write out what you did to set up the room, someone can help.

Can you use the Internet option instead to join? Try just typing out the IP of the hosting computer that way?

DavidBoren
12-04-2005, 02:37 AM
Thank you for your Help!

Got an answer from another forum...
Problem solved!
I had to choice internet instead of Lan Game..
My father has a NForce 2 Chipset Motherboard, that's why you can't play over the Lan function..

Greetz
David