PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on the Serial Killer achievement

Abeonis
11-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Right, I know how to do kill streaks, and can easily make it up to ten at a time, but this achievement fails to be awarded. Does anybody know if the achievement is for ten quick kills (that's executions and counters included), or is it ten executions on top of whatever counters you need to do in order to reach the right number?

Abeonis
11-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Right, I know how to do kill streaks, and can easily make it up to ten at a time, but this achievement fails to be awarded. Does anybody know if the achievement is for ten quick kills (that's executions and counters included), or is it ten executions on top of whatever counters you need to do in order to reach the right number?

XVinny84X
11-24-2010, 01:05 PM
As long as you can keep combo going, without getting hit or even blocking you should be safe. Just keep countering and avoiding plus fast killing and you should get it no problems. Go to virtual training as there is a counter that shows your current killstreak.

JKGV
11-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Got mine in-mission, but think it's rewarding the chaining of kills.

I.e. When execution sequence occurs immediately try to target nearest guard and start spamming attack button. You need to chain 10(?) kills in a row I think, but counters mid-chain will also count.

RipYourSpineOut
11-24-2010, 03:46 PM
I suggest doing it in that specific memory where you get ambushed by the Followers of Romulus. Many of them appear, and it's obvious when they're going to strike, as most of the time for me, they do some weird spinning attack. Just equip the short blade and go at it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

JKGV
11-24-2010, 03:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RipYourSpineOut:
I suggest doing it in that specific memory where you get ambushed by the Followers of Romulus. Many of them appear, and it's obvious when they're going to strike, as most of the time for me, they do some weird spinning attack. Just equip the short blade and go at it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed this is exactly where I got mine

Abeonis
11-24-2010, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JKGV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RipYourSpineOut:
I suggest doing it in that specific memory where you get ambushed by the Followers of Romulus. Many of them appear, and it's obvious when they're going to strike, as most of the time for me, they do some weird spinning attack. Just equip the short blade and go at it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed this is exactly where I got mine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've tried this exact spot multiple times (as well as the VR mission), and despite eliminating ever Follower without once being hit or forced to block, it still refuses to grant me my acheievement. Just to make things worse, in the VR mission I just registed a twelve kill streak, still didn't get it.

Captain Tomatoz
11-24-2010, 05:29 PM
when you hit a guard/follower of Romulus do they block at all during your streak? Because this cancels the streak

obliviondoll
11-24-2010, 05:32 PM
I got it in the final battle when there are massive numbers of guards coming at you constantly.

I got it fighting exactly 10 guards, so I'd say the counters I mixed in were included.

Ultimate_Night
11-24-2010, 08:45 PM
I got mine during the escape from the Sistine Chapel, at the part where Mario opens the doors and you fight the guards.