PDA

View Full Version : SH III

genrich1947
12-07-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm on my 11th. Patrol. I've never had any problems at all. Now the game is beginning to crash. I have a VIIB Boat and I'm at St Nazarine Help !

genrich1947
12-07-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm on my 11th. Patrol. I've never had any problems at all. Now the game is beginning to crash. I have a VIIB Boat and I'm at St Nazarine Help !

Minoos
12-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Welcome genrich1947,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now the game is beginning to crash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Can you be a little more specific about it?
Do you run the stock version of SH3?

genrich1947
12-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi. Yes, I'm running the stock game, nothing added. At first when it happened. a friend of mine suggested that I turn off the "anti virus" in my computer. It worked for 2 patrols and it's starting to happen again.

genrich1947
12-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Hi. I got to thinking about you wanted more information. My buddy suggested to turn off my anti virus. And it helped for a few patrols. He also suggested that I go to "Tools" and hit refresh. (I have Windows XP and lots of space)which I did. When it crashes, it says, "Sorry, SH III has encountered a problem has to close ". I also realize that this has nothing at all to do with the problem. My son, Spc. Michael Balsley 3/61 Cavalry, gave me this game before he was deployed to Iraq. My getting this game to run correctly is especialy important to me, as Mikey was killed January 25 of this year. Please go to the web site. I would really like some help with this game. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I do not wish to get into a political thing. It would just be cool to get back on Patrol.

tuddley3
12-09-2007, 07:48 AM
We will do whatever it takes to help you out.

We are also very sorry to hear about your loss. I wear a Support Our Troops wristband everyday, I now have even more reason to wear it now. We will do what we can to help out, and you are welcome here at Ubi Forum anytime for any assistance you need.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/tuddley3/Welcome%20To%20UBI/WelcomeAboardSign.jpg

VikingGrandad
12-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Hi genrich1947, welcome to the SH forums.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. As Tuddley says, will try our best to help get the game working for you again. I hope we are successful.

Let's start by checking whether you need to patch the game or not. Have you installed the 1.4b patch? Recent pressings of the SH3 DVD are often ready-patched up to version 1.4b, so you may not need to.

To check which version of the game you have, locate your Silent Hunter folder:

'C' drive &gt; Program Files &gt; Ubisoft &gt; SilentHunterIII

In that folder, locate 'SH3.exe', right click on it, select 'Properties', then switch to the 'Version' tab. If it's patched to 1.4b you should see this:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/VikingG/MWSnap3762007-11-1103_11_18.jpg

("1.4.0.1" means it's patched to version 1.4b)

If it's not version 1.4b, download and install the correct patch:

SH3 Patch guide (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2881085392/m/7261080164)

A few more questions, to see if there are any details that might help us figure out the problem:

1. What PC model do you have? - processor, graphics card, quantity of of memory (RAM)

2. At what point does the game crash? When the game is loading, or while you are actually playing it? Are there common factors each time it crashes, e.g. certain things happening in the game?

3. Until it crashes, does the game run smoothly all the time?

4. There may be a problem with your saved career files. Have you tried loading an earlier saved game to see if you still get the problem? Try loading your previous 'in base' save (note that you will lose any subsequent saves if you do this).

5. Are you able to play one of the 'Single Missions' without crashing?

6. Have you checked if your graphics card, sound card or motherboard have the newest drivers?

7. Have you tried 'defragging' and 'error-checking' your hard drive?

Tell us as much as you can, and we'll go from there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif