PDA

View Full Version : Ripped Off

risbell
03-12-2011, 07:22 AM
I will contain my frustration. I don't really believe that someone from Ubisoft will read this, but feel compelled to tell viewers how much of a rip off this game is. After many hours just trying to get into the campaign (listening to the same intrduction cause one can't skip it) I felt the graphics themsleves can't keep me into the game. I barely left port and found my hull integrity down to 12%, upon trying to make it back to port... the system crashed.
Well, that is $50 down the drain. I am hoping, no praying the mod community can salvage a game that should have never been allowed to be release in such a utter disasterious state.
To name all the short comings, just read the game reviews on the various web sites. I know from now on, I surely will.

risbell
03-12-2011, 07:22 AM
I will contain my frustration. I don't really believe that someone from Ubisoft will read this, but feel compelled to tell viewers how much of a rip off this game is. After many hours just trying to get into the campaign (listening to the same intrduction cause one can't skip it) I felt the graphics themsleves can't keep me into the game. I barely left port and found my hull integrity down to 12%, upon trying to make it back to port... the system crashed.
Well, that is $50 down the drain. I am hoping, no praying the mod community can salvage a game that should have never been allowed to be release in such a utter disasterious state.
To name all the short comings, just read the game reviews on the various web sites. I know from now on, I surely will.

Dizzyplined
03-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Yes 50$ was a ripoff. I payed 99 NKR (~17-18 US$) for mine.

I have not encountered the problems you have, but i have problems with saved games. This however is a problem related to my scandinavian name and the save-game path (c:\users\<user name>\appdata\local--- etc.

Rick_1105
03-12-2011, 12:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by risbell:
To name all the short comings, just read the game reviews on the various web sites. I know from now on, I surely will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

risbell, a lot of people that have tried to play SH5 feel the same frustration as you do. You are certainly not alone.

Mods do help but there is only so much mods can do. The game is still buggy and not complete.

A lot of people (including myself) have went back to SH4. Even without mods, SH4 is quite playable and enjoyable. Then once you get the hang of it, you can start to add mods.

sturla67
03-15-2011, 02:36 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gifHi, well I bought a new pc, 500gb hard drive, 4gb ram memory, gforce 315 graphic card, and ive just installed LSH5, and it runs perfect no bugs nothing, so now im very happy.

indycar.
03-17-2011, 05:16 PM
ROFL sturla

no bugs hmmm hydro doesnt work
u get stuck on ladder
after few months of dots yea no bugs