PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Multiplayer Opinion.

Jurri0017
08-29-2007, 03:35 AM
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Multiplayer Opinion.

GRAW2 is for the most part a well built multiplayer game HOWEVER.

The ranked games are garbage. I will expand on each portion.

Your rank goes up based on your points i.e. the points you make in a ranked game contribute to your score. Your score has levels that give you a higher rank (military) while your points also add to your ranking. The only way to rank up is to play ranked games. The better a player you kill the more points you get IF your team wins the match. You can kill 7 guys all by yourself and when the last guy kills you, you lose points not gain them. Scores are based on individuals however your TEAM has to win for you to get points. In 4 games I lost 600 points even though I had 2-4 kills each match.

Ranked games are random teams. So if your clan of 6 guys go into a ranked room, you WILL be playing against them and not so much with them. I have been told this is to balance the game. So riddle me this Batman! Why make a clan if your clan is not ranked inside GRAW2? Why make GRAW2 a TEAM TACTIC game if clans are just for fun and not RANK? Why allow voice chat if your tactics you share with some you play with is going to be used against you the next round?

Ranked players are campers. Most hosts on ranked games turn off launchers or explosives and sit way back and wait for you to come to them. I have seen ranked matches where no kills besides mine are scored in the first 5 minutes because both sides are camping waiting for someone to move on them.

In the occasional game where you do have forward movement, tracking an enemy player is next to impossible because all players are on roller skates. Players should become winded if they sprint all over the place but not in GRAW2. If an enemy goes around the corner and you follow them, it is highly unlikely that you will catch up to them unless they sit down to camp.

The viewing distance is highly inaccurate. Grass is not seen at a distance so players can not hide in it only have their view skewed from the blades. Terrain in a distance will be clouded but the enemy players will not be so picking them off with an Automatic Rifle with out a scope is not a problem.

Jurri0017
08-29-2007, 03:35 AM

Your rank goes up based on your points i.e. the points you make in a ranked game contribute to your score. Your score has levels that give you a higher rank (military) while your points also add to your ranking. The only way to rank up is to play ranked games. The better a player you kill the more points you get IF your team wins the match. You can kill 7 guys all by yourself and when the last guy kills you, you lose points not gain them. Scores are based on individuals however your TEAM has to win for you to get points. In 4 games I lost 600 points even though I had 2-4 kills each match.

Ranked games are random teams. So if your clan of 6 guys go into a ranked room, you WILL be playing against them and not so much with them. I have been told this is to balance the game. So riddle me this Batman! Why make a clan if your clan is not ranked inside GRAW2? Why make GRAW2 a TEAM TACTIC game if clans are just for fun and not RANK? Why allow voice chat if your tactics you share with some you play with is going to be used against you the next round?

Ranked players are campers. Most hosts on ranked games turn off launchers or explosives and sit way back and wait for you to come to them. I have seen ranked matches where no kills besides mine are scored in the first 5 minutes because both sides are camping waiting for someone to move on them.

In the occasional game where you do have forward movement, tracking an enemy player is next to impossible because all players are on roller skates. Players should become winded if they sprint all over the place but not in GRAW2. If an enemy goes around the corner and you follow them, it is highly unlikely that you will catch up to them unless they sit down to camp.

The viewing distance is highly inaccurate. Grass is not seen at a distance so players can not hide in it only have their view skewed from the blades. Terrain in a distance will be clouded but the enemy players will not be so picking them off with an Automatic Rifle with out a scope is not a problem.

Used_Gamertag
08-29-2007, 05:56 AM
I always hated that the clans always go with eachother in player matches too and that they sometimes kick other players out because it's a "clan match". They fail to realise that there is a clan match server. I hate playing aganst entire clans espessally when the team I am on isnt a clan at all. But then againm, there are a lot of times where I owned clans becasue they sucked.

paganpenguin
08-29-2007, 07:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jurri0017:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with that from what I have experienced.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope that they are fixing this as we speak, but something tells me that perhaps we are wishing for too much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand the reasoning behind "balancing the teams" but as you have said, why not have ranked clan matches? You could have seperate leaderboards for clans, and players within those clans, etc, etc. People form "clans" to play and rank together, why disappoint them?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having not played rank yet on GRAW 2, I can't vouch for this although I do see this behaviour amongst the more serious "player matches". It is fun though, sneaking passed them and scoring multiple kills while they wonder how you slipped through their net...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have had the experience of spending several minutes running round and round the same building trying to score the kill on the one guy, while he is trying to do the same. Most of the time I just sit back and guess at to which way they are heading and try and cut them off there. Rarely works for me though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

The viewing distance is highly inaccurate. Grass is not seen at a distance so players can not hide in it only have their view skewed from the blades. Terrain in a distance will be clouded but the enemy players will not be so picking them off with an Automatic Rifle with out a scope is not a problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Always wondered why I could be seen at a distance, amongst the tall grass while lying prone. This is something I really don't like, but I try and get over it. Normally after several shots have rendered me incapacitated http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

gregdogg2007
08-29-2007, 08:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Scores are based on individuals however your TEAM has to win for you to get points. In 4 games I lost 600 points even though I had 2-4 kills each match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i would suggest 2-4 kills is pretty weak. usually the higher ranked players, will score 10,15 sometimes 19 kills and low proportions of deaths. i find when u get a heap more kills ie double digits u rank up quik.

As for "camping" this is a tactic. some teams run and gun, some wait back in choke points for the dumb *** run and gunners. once the choke points on any mnap are contained, ure team is in trouble.

Having said this there is nothing worse than being on a team who dont use mike's to tactically gain advantage, or being on a team where 1 or 2 dip ****s continually run out and get smashed, usually having about 4 kills 17 deaths.

these days the TEAM ELIMINATION title really doesnt mean much because of the random teaming. Sharpshooter has become a bit of a YAWN now as no one really plays as a team, most players just want to top up there own kills.

Jurri0017
08-30-2007, 01:08 AM
the 2-4 kills refers to last man standing.

paganpenguin
08-30-2007, 01:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gregdogg2007:

Having said this there is nothing worse than being on a team who dont use mike's to tactically gain advantage, or being on a team where 1 or 2 dip ****s continually run out and get smashed, usually having about 4 kills 17 deaths.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Always wondered why I why I was shot first, kind of "lets throw all those Michaels out first, then we can gain the advantage of knowing where the enemy is" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Seriously, it is true that the meaning of the word TEAM seems to be lost on many players, their aim is to have the most points not make sure their team wins at all costs. Okay, granted, I still haven't ventured beyond unranked matches (I am currently trying to learn as much as possible about each map, i.e. choke points, spawn areas, hiding places, etc having only been playing GRAW2 for a few weeks now), so team work in ranked matches is kind of an unknown to me.

I think the only reason kill *****s (is there such a description?) play team elimination is to make sure that only half of the people out there are gunning for them. If they played SOLO, then they would have less chance of being top http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AI BLUEFOX
08-30-2007, 03:25 AM
Jurri0017

It might interest you to look up some of the threads here on the the trueskill scoring system. There are some good links in the posts and some good explanations as to why microsoft forced (allegedly) Ubi to make the rank matches random. Do a search on posts by Safrole Jay who probably puts the points over the best. There are links that explain how the scoring works - it is a lot more complicated than you'd think - but is fundamentally based on where you come in the list of players. Being on the winning team guarantees you a place in the top half of the list regardless of how well you played as an individual, and this is the beef that most people have with the scoring system.

Used_Gamertag

Clans play in player matches, because they can't team up in ranked, and because the gaming sites often stipulate that matches should be played non ranked. When the players tell you its a clan match it's becase they are playing another clan in an official match, regulated by one of these gaming sites such as panic zoom ,gamebattles, dc combat etc that have strict rules about player eligibility.

These clan matches are run in public player rooms because these are the quickest to set up, and the easiest to get your own friends into and also your opponent clan - who often won't be on your friends list. When players drop it is easier and quicker to use the open player room than the clan servers within the game to get them back in. There is no failure to realise anything.

It is a bit annoying for both the player who wanders in unaware to the room and to the clans themselves. We try to be polite to that player and ask them to go, as very often they have just filled the last place in the room and a dropped player can't get back in. This type of delay can add over half an hour to a 2 hour match alone. Sometimes the non clan player just won't listen and so gets ejected.

If we're not in a match then anyone is welcome, and we'll often play random teams as its fun playing against each other too. If we play as a team and you own us then well played to you. But remember clans will often be using those games to practice moves and try out new positions and tactics just to see how they go. They might not suck as much as you think.

Cons72
08-30-2007, 10:46 AM
You know it is extremely easy to set up a clan match in a private room (not Clan room), don't you?

All you have to do is have the team captains on each other's friend list, who then invite all their own team into the room.

This makes things much easier on both the clans and the general public who keep stumbling into clan matches.

Plus, I think it is just common courtesy that if you are going to run a match that you don't want the public entering, that you don't make it public.

AI BLUEFOX
08-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Yes Cons72, a private room would be better, BUT sometimes it takes a few attempts to get a decent room going and a change of hosts often occurs. Everyone just follows the host or the new host to the new room as it's quicker than sending invites.

Its a good point about the courtesy though as its annoying for the player that's wandered in. I'll badger our host to make the rooms private from now on, and encourage others to do likewise.

Cons72
08-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Cool. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

It really only takes a matter of 30 seconds or less to get invites out to seven other players.

It really is easier than having to keep booting out general public players, and less frustrating for everyone. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XxCH0NGxX
08-31-2007, 06:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Used_Gamertag:
I always hated that the clans always go with eachother in player matches too and that they sometimes kick other players out because it's a "clan match". They fail to realise that there is a clan match server. I hate playing aganst entire clans espessally when the team I am on isnt a clan at all. But then againm, there are a lot of times where I owned clans becasue they sucked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clans do this because they do battle through websites. like gamebattles, elitecombat, and there are others. they kick people out because they are going to begin a match.

however, they need to make their rooms private and invite memeber only. This will prevent people jumping into rooms.