PDA

View Full Version : Ae'gura Login?

Metros
01-23-2004, 05:25 PM
I have been a huge fan of anything myst related since the days when I heard about Myst for the Sega Saturn. I have bought, and beat Myst for the Atari Jaguar, the regular and Masterpiece edition for the PC, Riven (pre ordered it from Cyan), the dvd version or Riven, Myst III for the pc and the xbox. I was even involved in the beta testing for URU.
Now, I work Monday through Friday, leave at 6:30 in the morning and come back at 7:30 in the afternoon. Saturdays and Sundays I go to the studio so the only chance I have to play ANY game is late in the afternoon. Getting to the point, I subscribed to Live maybe a week after it came out (and received it in the mail from Ubi-soft) It was great, frame rate and everything (why not, I am the only player in the ages).....certain areas were closed off so the excitement was there for when they opened them. Then came the opening of the Great Zero. At first, the frame rate was so horrid that I couldn't even play the game. Even still, I linked to Ae'gura and got a few markers. Cool.....since then, I was only able to link there maybe twice (and the frame rate increase immensly) but there was nothing new. I tried and tried and tried many times to link there again but all I get is Ae'gura is currently full, please try again later. How later am I supposed to try?
I thought, OK, they made a clerical error and allowed everybody on at the same time (hence the frame rate and the 'currently full' message.) I read online that a new shard was added.....cool.....excited, I try to log on......nope....nothing. NEW MATERIAL IS AVAILABE......NICE......again......nope.....I couldn't link to Ae'gura (if that is the neighborhood btw, then sorry, I mean the ferry terminal and such linked through the nexus.) Ever since the new server (Achenar I believe) I tried again.....last night, and just now.....nothing.....
Normaly, I would just drop the game and probably never come back to it.......but like I said, I am a huge fan of it and URU is a great game. I am also paying monthly for it!
Question is, will I get a chance to link in? Or do I have to pay another 6 months and hopefully I can hope to link in the split second somebody links out?!
Will going to a different server help? I tried once and got the prompt to enter a username and all that.....does that mean I set up another account that I get charged for?

John

PS
Sorry for the LONG post but I have been sending feedback and help to the staff but I get nooooo responce.....even the bug that I numerously sent them messages about is still there (neighborhood, door to linking room where the book to the nexus and gharaseen are, is open but you can't walk in, you have to close the door and reopen it(but I am sure a lot of people submitted that one))
If you are still reading this, thanks for sticking through my rantings.

Metros
01-23-2004, 05:25 PM
I have been a huge fan of anything myst related since the days when I heard about Myst for the Sega Saturn. I have bought, and beat Myst for the Atari Jaguar, the regular and Masterpiece edition for the PC, Riven (pre ordered it from Cyan), the dvd version or Riven, Myst III for the pc and the xbox. I was even involved in the beta testing for URU.
Now, I work Monday through Friday, leave at 6:30 in the morning and come back at 7:30 in the afternoon. Saturdays and Sundays I go to the studio so the only chance I have to play ANY game is late in the afternoon. Getting to the point, I subscribed to Live maybe a week after it came out (and received it in the mail from Ubi-soft) It was great, frame rate and everything (why not, I am the only player in the ages).....certain areas were closed off so the excitement was there for when they opened them. Then came the opening of the Great Zero. At first, the frame rate was so horrid that I couldn't even play the game. Even still, I linked to Ae'gura and got a few markers. Cool.....since then, I was only able to link there maybe twice (and the frame rate increase immensly) but there was nothing new. I tried and tried and tried many times to link there again but all I get is Ae'gura is currently full, please try again later. How later am I supposed to try?
I thought, OK, they made a clerical error and allowed everybody on at the same time (hence the frame rate and the 'currently full' message.) I read online that a new shard was added.....cool.....excited, I try to log on......nope....nothing. NEW MATERIAL IS AVAILABE......NICE......again......nope.....I couldn't link to Ae'gura (if that is the neighborhood btw, then sorry, I mean the ferry terminal and such linked through the nexus.) Ever since the new server (Achenar I believe) I tried again.....last night, and just now.....nothing.....
Normaly, I would just drop the game and probably never come back to it.......but like I said, I am a huge fan of it and URU is a great game. I am also paying monthly for it!
Question is, will I get a chance to link in? Or do I have to pay another 6 months and hopefully I can hope to link in the split second somebody links out?!
Will going to a different server help? I tried once and got the prompt to enter a username and all that.....does that mean I set up another account that I get charged for?

John

PS
Sorry for the LONG post but I have been sending feedback and help to the staff but I get nooooo responce.....even the bug that I numerously sent them messages about is still there (neighborhood, door to linking room where the book to the nexus and gharaseen are, is open but you can't walk in, you have to close the door and reopen it(but I am sure a lot of people submitted that one))
If you are still reading this, thanks for sticking through my rantings.