PDA

View Full Version : Graphics awful after 1.4

ragnarok35
07-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Hello, I've been playing with the retail version and the game looked amazing. I decided to patch to 1.4 because of all the bugs, but since then the graphics have been jagged and ugly. Anyone know what to do?

ragnarok35
07-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Hello, I've been playing with the retail version and the game looked amazing. I decided to patch to 1.4 because of all the bugs, but since then the graphics have been jagged and ugly. Anyone know what to do?

tambor198
07-14-2008, 07:33 PM
First things, first. Welcome to the SHIV Forums, ragnarok35.

Just so we can make a better determination on what to suggest to help you, could you please list what graphics card you are currently using? Then I would suggest setting the Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering up a notch or two.

ragnarok35
07-14-2008, 09:24 PM
8800 GT.. Quad CPU Processor 2.4 GHz.. basically the standard gaming computer. Settings are the same as they were before the patch so the patch must've done something to it.

ragnarok35
07-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Also happened on my old computer..

Yooperbacker
07-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Hello ragnarok,
Maybe the patch is bad. Have you tried re-installing with a patch from a different download place?
I haven't heard of anyone having a graphic problem after installing patch 1.4. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, I just find it a bit odd like you do.
Since you say you had it happen on your older computer, did you use the same patch or was the patch downloaded from the same site?
I would try a different place to download the patch from and see what happens.
You would think a bad patch might make it so the game wouldn't run but you never know what craziness goes on in patches.

ragnarok35
07-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Was over a year ago that it happened on my old computer.. I quit playing for a while hehe. Doubt it was the same site, but I guess ill try re downloading.