PDA

View Full Version : How To Make GRAW Maps Available to Clients

SNIPER231JRC
12-29-2007, 03:39 PM
After finally getting GRAW to run without the 2nd map lockup, I went and downloaded every single GRAW Coop map from GhostRecon.net

Having all these maps is great, but the only problem is most people don't have them so I need to setup my GRAW server like others do with auto transfer.

I need to know how make the maps auto download to clients when I am hosting. I have seen it in alot of other servers, but I cannot find out how to set it up.
If someone could please post this info, it would be appreciated.

SNIPER231JRC
12-29-2007, 03:39 PM
After finally getting GRAW to run without the 2nd map lockup, I went and downloaded every single GRAW Coop map from GhostRecon.net

Having all these maps is great, but the only problem is most people don't have them so I need to setup my GRAW server like others do with auto transfer.

I need to know how make the maps auto download to clients when I am hosting. I have seen it in alot of other servers, but I cannot find out how to set it up.
If someone could please post this info, it would be appreciated.

ColinCJ
12-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Sorry this option is not available in graw.

SNIPER231JRC
12-29-2007, 04:08 PM
I've seen it on alot of servers though

I think I found how they are setting it up since its not a normal function of the game.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
To enable custom map redirect downloads do the following:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\custom_levels

Edit the above if needed, start the server up, make sure the server started then close it back down. Go back to the above:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\custom_levels

You should see a map_downloads.xml file, open the file and edit the information for each map. Here's my map_downloads.xml for an example:

&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?&gt;
&lt;ghost_recon_3_map_downloads&gt;
&lt;map bundle_name="aw03_powcamp_tdm" address="http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/maps/aw03_powcamp_tdm.bundle" /&gt;
&lt;map bundle_name="aw04_ghosttown_tdm" address="http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/maps/aw04_ghosttown_tdm.bundle" /&gt;
&lt;/ghost_recon_3_map_downloads&gt;
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if I am understanding this right, my steps would be

-Launch IIS and create a new FTP access point for graw files
-Copy all custom maps over to the new ftp directory and set each ftp download path.

ftp://x.x.x.x/a_spec_ops_irene.bundle

More specifically
&lt;map bundle_name="a spec ops irene" address="ftp://x.x.x.x/a_spec_ops_irene.bundle" /&gt;

Here is the post where I found this info
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2791043913/m/7861013484

ROCOAFZ
01-07-2008, 12:08 AM
I think Colin was thinking of GRAW 2

In Graw 1 you can enable download of maps as stated above.

ColinCJ
01-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Yes sorry guys old age moment, I really need to retire.

deathbringer200
03-03-2008, 06:13 AM
I noticed you were thinking of using IIS FTP feature for this. I would recomment bullet proof FTP or another cheap shareware FTP to limit bandwidth and numbers of users who can connect..