PDA

View Full Version : noob callers

gamefreaks420
04-06-2006, 11:52 AM
don't you hate it when people tell ya your a noob but yet you have played all 3 splinter cell games?.this one game i was playing today said i was a noob for using a shotgun,how stupid is that? i mean is we where on warehouse i was a merc so i got a shotgun mines, spy trapper, tazer, frags before the game started so we started playing there just running around being scared to jump on my head and so on so i keep on shooting at them and knocking them down.then he got all mad and returned to the lobby he said I'm a noob and shotguns are only for noobs, i replayed and said your a noob for not being stealthy not being carefully and not working with your partner.then he had the nurve to say shotguns are for noobs your a noob then i left, i don't get why i get called a noob for using my head and staying at the top of my game i could predict everywhere the spy's where going i even knew what gadgets they had and where they like to camp to jump on heads and I'm a noob? i have about 500 or more hours logged on Pandora tomorrow and between 30 and 40 hours logged on chaos theory and I'm a noob? don't people like that make you mad

PS im sorry for the bad grammar i have hard times in schools

gamefreaks420
04-06-2006, 11:52 AM
don't you hate it when people tell ya your a noob but yet you have played all 3 splinter cell games?.this one game i was playing today said i was a noob for using a shotgun,how stupid is that? i mean is we where on warehouse i was a merc so i got a shotgun mines, spy trapper, tazer, frags before the game started so we started playing there just running around being scared to jump on my head and so on so i keep on shooting at them and knocking them down.then he got all mad and returned to the lobby he said I'm a noob and shotguns are only for noobs, i replayed and said your a noob for not being stealthy not being carefully and not working with your partner.then he had the nurve to say shotguns are for noobs your a noob then i left, i don't get why i get called a noob for using my head and staying at the top of my game i could predict everywhere the spy's where going i even knew what gadgets they had and where they like to camp to jump on heads and I'm a noob? i have about 500 or more hours logged on Pandora tomorrow and between 30 and 40 hours logged on chaos theory and I'm a noob? don't people like that make you mad

PS im sorry for the bad grammar i have hard times in schools

Epicurus_13
04-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Well, people tend to call other people noobs at the drop of a hat. It means one of three things, depending on the context;

1. You're a very inexperienced player or an experienced player who made a rookie mistake (this sense is rarely used anymore as it makes too much sense for modern gamers. See instead defs. 2 and 3.)

2.When applied to an item or tactic: "that is a good weapon/tactic. I wish I had thought to do that first."

3. When applied to a person: You are better than me at this and also I am emotionally fragile.

So if we use my definition (2 and 3, mixed), then they were paying you a compliment!

Yes, people tend to fly off the handle re: the shotgun. Notice to spies: If the advantage offred by the shotgun is outweighing its disadvantages when used against you, it is almost certainly your "fault". It is made to beat aggro spies. If it seems too good, your playing style is probably contributing. A change in tactics is called for vs. the shotgun. balanced or not is always subjective but don't go around calling people noobs. Discuss the problem like, you know, intelligent people?

Anyway, when people tell me not to use the shotgun, I always roll my eyes first ("here come the aggro-spies!") and then switch to SMG and generally own or get owned just as if I still had a shotgun. People tend to blow it out of proportion a bit.

This is because they are stupid.