PDA

View Full Version : So, are they going to fix the co-op bugs or....?

AdamBrome
04-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Am I going to have to suffer by NEVER playing co-op?

I've had the game since Day 1, I have 1.01, and I've yet to successfully connect to a co-op game. I've followed the instructions of making it an exception on my Windows Firewall. I'm updated. I've tried throwing ports open. Notta.

wtf.

AdamBrome
04-07-2005, 10:48 PM

I've had the game since Day 1, I have 1.01, and I've yet to successfully connect to a co-op game. I've followed the instructions of making it an exception on my Windows Firewall. I'm updated. I've tried throwing ports open. Notta.

wtf.

KiggD
04-07-2005, 10:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AdamBrome:

wtf. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same.

Tfrogs1
04-08-2005, 07:09 AM
The devs are currently "collating information" on the issues. So I guess that means that yes, since they are aware of the problems, they will be hard at work over the next few days/weeks/months making a new patch.

AdamBrome
04-08-2005, 07:48 AM
I just thought I'd update this thread with the story of how I managed to play co-op lastnight, uninterupted.

1.) Make sure all your video settings are *LOW*. And don't run co-op in anything higher than 1024x768. Turn most of the settings 'off'.

2.) Look for a game with the MOST ping dots. Yes, I know low-ping = good. But for Ubi.com's setup the more dots in the ping column the better the connection.

3.) Now join or create a game. Have fun!

The reason this should be done is you need to think of co-op as you and your partners computer are powering the same game. You guys share framerates, latency, the works. Thus creating an even playing field. The way Ubi set up co-op is so that both experiences in a single co-op game are the same. Player X's game won't run better than Player Y's, etc etc.

By doing this I managed to play co-op lastnight. And its **** fun.