PDA

View Full Version : Crash after "CHECKING CD" without Failure Statement.

ulnr
04-03-2005, 12:47 AM
When I start the game from the menu, the window "CHECKING CD" is popping up. Once the progress bar in this window is donethe window disappears and nothing happens.

The game just doesn't start without any failure statement.

The patch is installed.

P.S. I recall that there was a lot of "grey area" between inserting/checking the cd key and actually running the game in previous splinter cell titels but not that long.

Here simply nothing happens once the correct key is checked
I am exceeding the rec specs by far.
Graphic Card Drivers are updated.
I am not using WindowBlinds.

Appreciate any suggestions!

ulnr
04-03-2005, 12:47 AM
When I start the game from the menu, the window "CHECKING CD" is popping up. Once the progress bar in this window is donethe window disappears and nothing happens.

The game just doesn't start without any failure statement.

The patch is installed.

P.S. I recall that there was a lot of "grey area" between inserting/checking the cd key and actually running the game in previous splinter cell titels but not that long.

Here simply nothing happens once the correct key is checked
I am exceeding the rec specs by far.
Graphic Card Drivers are updated.
I am not using WindowBlinds.

Appreciate any suggestions!

MisterGibson06
04-03-2005, 08:08 AM
Hi,
I've exactly the same problem...
I've tried all the solutions given here except format but nothing happens after cd check.
Still waiting for a solution

altavoltagem
04-03-2005, 08:52 AM
Hi, i´m from Portugal and i´ve exactley that problem...
After de cd check nothing happens...
All drivers are up to date, from windows, ati, creative, every thing is ready to roll the game...
The recomended specs are filled to play...
Please give mi a sollution because i really want to enjoy this great game!!

Thanks! José Oliveira

Zefram42
04-03-2005, 07:15 PM
I have an identical issue. I'm really frustrated I can't play my game.

FugitivePuppeT
04-03-2005, 11:55 PM
Same problem. My system specs:
9700 Pro
AMD 64bit 3200
1 gig of 3200 ram

Bosenrio
04-04-2005, 12:44 AM
Hmmm... seems like this is an issue, i got the same thing, however WinXP gives it's little "splintercell3.exe has blah blah blah and will now shut down"

Maybe Ubi could move on this one? or at least give us a "we're working on it" statement?

Warlboro
04-04-2005, 05:29 AM
just has the same issue, but after updating my motherbard drivers from www.viaarena.com (http://www.viaarena.com) - everythigs right fine.
I think its not an SF issue becos as i know, protection stops working just after CD-Check window closed.

MisterGibson06
04-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Hi all,
I've called ubi and the guy told me the problem was that there were conflicts on my motherboard and that i had to configure the bios to delete them. To see this conflicts : execute: msinfo32, clik on the first "+" and something appears with conflict, another click on it and if something show up there are conflicts.
Actually Warlboro is right, SF isn't the problem(in my case at least) because if it was there would be an error message.
Hope it will help

altavoltagem
04-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Hi..
That didn´t help very much...
I´m still without knowing wath to do...
How do i configure bios to "clear" the conlicts?
I´m not a pro on this things, so if anyone cant specify wath to change, please post...
Thanks...

P.S. I´m geting desperate to play this game... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Freelancers2005
04-04-2005, 02:33 PM
I have also the problem.I read the forum and many people have the same problem.I hope they find a patch soon to fix this bug.I have all the latest drivers and nothing works so please guy's find something fast what will fix this problem.

MisterGibson06
04-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Hi all,
First excuse me for my (french)english,
Then, the guy i talked to took me for an imbecile http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif...normally, next to conflict, it's written shared(or something like that) because the things you see are not in conflict but they are shared !! If what he told me was true, my graphic card would be in conflict with the agp slot she is connected to on the motherboard and that's just stupid. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif
Good job ubi http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

altavoltagem
04-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Jesus Christ!!! With this tecnhical support we will be playing this game maybe when splinter cell 4 is released...
It looks like they are toying with us... Maybe its because we have already paied the game...
We want to play the game!!!!
As soon as possible!!!
Please ubisoft, do something for your players!!
Sorry the bad english... No good english schools in Portugal!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

MisterGibson06
04-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Hi all,
Here is the solution, thanks to SCwannabe :

SCwannabe

posted Mon April 04 2005 23:48
Thought I'd update about what I discovered, no thanks to Ubi's bulk response and rediculous copy protection.

I emailed tech at my PC manufacturer (Voodoo PC - awesome computer) and they suggested running "msconfig" and then setting the diagnostic startup option.

THIS WORKED - except that my sound card didn't load up properly, but I intend to go through the registry and startup entries and see which specifically are interfering with the game. So, a little bit of detective work later and I'll have it. Hopefully this suggestion helps other people who are at the end of their rope.

It worked for me, hope it will for you

MisterGibson06
04-05-2005, 10:36 AM
Hi all,
Here is the solution, thanks to Scwannabe

SCwannabe

posted Mon April 04 2005 23:48
Thought I'd update about what I discovered, no thanks to Ubi's bulk response and rediculous copy protection.

I emailed tech at my PC manufacturer (Voodoo PC - awesome computer) and they suggested running "msconfig" and then setting the diagnostic startup option.

THIS WORKED - except that my sound card didn't load up properly, but I intend to go through the registry and startup entries and see which specifically are interfering with the game. So, a little bit of detective work later and I'll have it. Hopefully this suggestion helps other people who are at the end of their rope.

It worked for me, hope it will for you

MisterGibson06
04-05-2005, 10:36 AM
oups, sorry for the double post

altavoltagem
04-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Hi!
This really seams to work but it alterates many stuff in windows...
It alterates the appearence of the windows, the sound cards thosent works, the internet conections disapear...
Is there any other alteration we can make to solve the problem? Because this solution allow us to play but without sound, and can´t conect to the net... I hope i´m not asking to much...

Thanks MisterGibson06 and SCwannabe! At least you have done some work!!
Has for ubi... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
Thanks!!

fisherspond
04-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Experienced a similiar problem; but I'm not sure if its the same as the ones described herein. Right after the CD check SP:CT would stop responding. Zone Alarm wold pop up and with an indicator that splintercell3.exe was trying to access the internet. At that point Zone Alarm would also stop responding forcing me to manually close the program down. Once I gave splintercell3 .exe permission to access the net, the freezes stopped. So I would also check your firewall and make sure its playing nice with splintercell3.exe .

MisterGibson06
04-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Hi all, hope you'll can understand my (french) english lol
if the game starts in diagnostic option, then you can check selective mode(or something like that, i'm french so i can't tell exactly the words used) and "re-activate" little by little the things under selective startup...you check one, reboot, you check another one, reboot and do that until you can't play the game. Then you just have to click ont the thing that cause problem next to general and here you have all applications concerned and you just have to find the one that causes problems, again little by little you check one thing and reboot....
Good luck

altavoltagem
04-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Hi!!
So, what we have to do is try over and over again...
I will try that tonight and if i can play the game well i will tell you something...
It´s going to be a loooooong night...

Once again, god work MisterGibson06!!!
At least someone is trying to solve the problem...
Thanks!!

altavoltagem
04-06-2005, 08:18 AM
HI!!
I´ve made it!!!
I´ve got some good news and some bad news...
The god news is that i´ve made to play splinter cell 3!!
The bad news is that unless you want some one hacking your computer you can´t play coop nither versus modes because in order to play the game, the firewall must be shutt down...

I´ve shutt down the firewall and the antivirus and started the game and the game worked!

I use Panda antivirus with included firewall and i can shutt them down without using the msconfig, so my advise is for you try to shutt down the firewall and start the game! With mi worked!!

Hope i´ve been helpfull!!

Say if it worked with you too!!

Freelancers2005
04-06-2005, 11:06 AM
This is not and solusion.I can play but haven't sound in the game.it's time ubi find a patch to solve this problem.If with every game we must config windows than is playing a game not fun anymore.Find a patch because this is no solution to the error.We buy the game and you won't do something for us thats verry verry low. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

MisterGibson06
04-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Hi,
alta, happy to see i helped you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. But i think disable your firewall isn't the solution, try to fix it otherwise you'll can't play online.
Freelancers, you didn't read what we said !! :
if the game starts in diagnostic option, then you can check selective mode(or something like that, i'm french so i can't tell exactly the words used) and "re-activate" little by little the things under selective startup...you check one, reboot, you check another one, reboot and do that until you can't play the game. Then you just have to click ont the thing that cause problem next to general and here you have all applications concerned and you just have to find the one that causes problems, again little by little you check one thing and reboot....
Good luck

fisherspond
04-06-2005, 04:37 PM
If it is indeed the firewall, most firewalls should allow you to give Splintercell3.exe access to the web, but since each firewall is different I imagine your going to have to get familiar with yours. I use Zone Alarm and have for ages, it is simply freeware and it allowes configuration of which programs can access the internet.

yobasux
04-06-2005, 04:39 PM
I have panda as well. It doesnt need all shutting off, only the protection against unknown threats. This happens with all starforce games I play. Its a pain, dunno whos fault it is.

altavoltagem
04-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Yobasux his right!!
Its only need to shutt down the protection against unkown threats!
To those that don´t have Panda try to shutdown some stuff in your firewall or antivirus...

I´ve e-mailed ubi´s support and they sad that they will work on a new patch to solve these problem, so its a mather of time!!

Enjoy!!

Jarlaxle
04-10-2005, 03:53 PM
If you still have any problems, submit an incident to support.ubi.com - even if they can't solve it immediately, everything is logged and then gets forwarded to the developers.