PDA

View Full Version : Merc Laser and Interceping with Scope/Binoculars

XShrike
04-02-2004, 09:45 PM
I have heard the if you use the laser as a merc and target a spy with it that it auto aims. Is this true?

The instructions say that you can intercept communications if you target an enemy with the scope/binoculars. Do you have to hold down H like the spy bullet/trap?

XShrike
04-02-2004, 09:45 PM
I have heard the if you use the laser as a merc and target a spy with it that it auto aims. Is this true?

The instructions say that you can intercept communications if you target an enemy with the scope/binoculars. Do you have to hold down H like the spy bullet/trap?

IronLegionnaire
04-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Doesn't autoaim to my knowledge. It simply draws a box around whoever the laser is resting on, making them easier to see. Apparently it also makes the rifle more accurate too.

I've never tried to listen in on conversations with the scope/binocs, but yeah, hold down H to intercept their comms.

Sokaar
04-03-2004, 12:20 AM
I am not sure but laser is auto aim, but it is incredibly difficutl to use because if the spy moves in the slightest you lose the lock on him, he has to be stood still and to 'lock ' you need to keep the laser pointed at him for at least five seconds until the guys name is above the box.

to listen in on mercs with the spy laser mic/binoculars or whatever you want to call them( people think they are different things depending on the forum you are in, to me it looks like the are binoculars) all you have to do is zome to x6 and keep the center square that kinda resembles ---> [ ] <--- that on the merc after a few seconds you will hear like a beeping that sounds stupid, like Sams ear mic thing when lambert start stalking to him. anyway after the beeping has stopped you are connected to his communication thing and you can listen to them talking, if they are talking.

as a merc you just need to zoom in with the sniper riffle to x6 zoom and keep it on the spy for a few seconds if he is speaking you will hear it.

the first time it happened to me when i was a merc i nearly fell out of my seat, my Xbox communicator was up full blast and this spy screamed "Sh*t he's F*cking shooting at me" i knew you could do it as a spy with the binoculars but i didn't know it worked as a merc. best place to do it is on the Plaza map because the spys fun around and you can zoom in from one of the walk ways and most of the time you can tell who will be taking what area or if they will be working together and stuff. it is very cool