PDA

View Full Version : Cant get SC_2 running on xp

spwdo
10-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi, installed it correctly i think, i can get it opend, all works till i click play , then i return to desktop and nothing happens, i ve a mess that says my vidoecarddrivers are not correctly installed or too old.I had the latets, installed the ones( alot older then i had btw) that are on disk one, still same mess.Now what.Wanna play http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thx for help

spwdo
10-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi, installed it correctly i think, i can get it opend, all works till i click play , then i return to desktop and nothing happens, i ve a mess that says my vidoecarddrivers are not correctly installed or too old.I had the latets, installed the ones( alot older then i had btw) that are on disk one, still same mess.Now what.Wanna play http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thx for help

SITHDUKE
10-08-2004, 12:51 PM
What's your Video Card? This games picky about the cards it works well with.

willy508
10-08-2004, 02:45 PM
I have a similar situ. I insert the number 3 disc and double click on a desktop shortcut to SCPT ...an SCPT screen appears for several seconds...then another screen appears where I have to select MP, SP, or credits. I select SP and it all goes back to desktop. Then I double click the shortcut again and the intro starts and all is well. Ubi tech said it "my" PC and not their game. As per Ubi, I ran a complete AV scan and a defrag. No difference. Hope this helps.

Bo0kY
10-08-2004, 02:48 PM
... what kind of video card do you have?

Get directX drivers also if you haven't already

jzorro
10-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Your MX400 video card will not work with this game. To play it you have to buy a new video card. Not to be mean, it does say that that card is not supported by this game right on the box. MX400 cannot do pixel shading which is required by this and most other new games. The only way to get it is with a video card that can do it. Sorry!