PDA

View Full Version : Jade Empire getting 9.9/10 at IGN.com

zephyrus17
04-23-2005, 03:13 AM
After giving 9.9 to SCCT, they give it off to Jade Empire. I'm not saying that Jade Empire doesn't deserve it, but, well...
What do you all think?

zephyrus17
04-23-2005, 03:13 AM
After giving 9.9 to SCCT, they give it off to Jade Empire. I'm not saying that Jade Empire doesn't deserve it, but, well...
What do you all think?

BliNd-
04-23-2005, 09:53 AM
I think the 9.9 is starting to fly around to easily...

Soul Thief
04-23-2005, 10:01 AM
Ya the demo for Jade Empire wasnt that great. Im probably not going to buy it anytime soon. but its supposed to be a extremely awsome game, more like KOTOR than its supposed to be.

Tejo.hr
04-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Yeah, 9.9 is really a big score. And as I can see It didnt get so high score in any other review. Not even close. (all below 9.5, most of then 9-9.3)

Jason-Bourne223
04-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Chaos Theory got a 9.6 from IGN. And btw I really like Jade Empire, one of my favorite games!

zephyrus17
04-25-2005, 05:55 AM
Me too. Just started playing 2 days ago. Very, very good scenery graphics.. But the game is slightly shorter. Just slightly. I think it deserves the 9.9 totally.

goddess_of_war
04-27-2005, 01:53 AM
There is NO WAY in HELL Jade Empire deserves a 9.9 It barely deserves a 9, if at all. Yes, it looks great. It's really fun. But the game is linear -- strictly point A to point B. The game has few places to visit, nor real choice in where you go at what time. Of course there are going to be places you MUST go at a certain time, but the WHOLE game is that. On top of it, I was absolutely shocked when I reached the end. I bought it on good faith of the reviews and now I really really REALLY wish I had listened to my brother and only rented it, because it took me 20 hours at most. I felt really ripped off as to me, it was only half a game. It's bigger rip off than KOTOR II because at least KOTOR II has a full game ahead of the craptastic ending. Jade Empire isn't even a full game before the unclimactic ending. You get your characters way too fast, you learn things about them and important plot points and twists way too early in the game and it's just . . . poorly written. Well, that's not true. The writing within itself is fine, but it's much too condensed and needed to be flushed out further and stretched out way more.

I don't know if any of you agree, or how many flames I'm going to get for this, but I was so ANGRY when the game ended. I had been dreading it coming up short from about 5 hours in, because everything was developing too fast without any real exploration. And it gave me exactly what I didn't want. I was so upset and that was $70 I don't really have wasted.

It's a good game and worth a play, but by no means great. It could have been MUCH better and does not deserve half the praise it received.