PDA

View Full Version : Not offtopic Lockdown question

dindiface
06-22-2006, 12:26 PM
I was reading posts for the last 2 weeks, and realized, that while I like the game, many people just hate it with passion.

I like the new engine, and the single player is good, while the multiplayer has potential, in fact i think it will be a blast to play when the new game modes arrive.

And that leads to my question: do the people who Like GRAW like Lockdown? I am only interested in MP.

Why I am asking this? Reading the Lockdown forum made me skip on getting LD, I played the xbox version and I did not find it that bad, never played MP though (no xbox live here).

Now that it's $10-$19 for LD, I started to think that I would get it, maybe it is just damn negative people, like here, who convinced me not to get it.

So is LD a good game at all ? Is there a decent support for it ? (pathes, servers, etc?)

thanks for any comments...

dindiface
06-22-2006, 12:26 PM
I was reading posts for the last 2 weeks, and realized, that while I like the game, many people just hate it with passion.

I like the new engine, and the single player is good, while the multiplayer has potential, in fact i think it will be a blast to play when the new game modes arrive.

And that leads to my question: do the people who Like GRAW like Lockdown? I am only interested in MP.

Why I am asking this? Reading the Lockdown forum made me skip on getting LD, I played the xbox version and I did not find it that bad, never played MP though (no xbox live here).

Now that it's $10-$19 for LD, I started to think that I would get it, maybe it is just damn negative people, like here, who convinced me not to get it.

So is LD a good game at all ? Is there a decent support for it ? (pathes, servers, etc?)

thanks for any comments...

sx_amazing
06-22-2006, 01:06 PM
I never bought the game myself. Thank god for the demo giving me a sign of "Don't buy it!!". Nevertheless, I do know no single patch for the game exists and highly doubt there are any dedicated servers. You will find some servers that are user hosted.

Cirap
06-22-2006, 01:36 PM
F NO! I played multi-player in the demo, then when the full version came along I played it for a while, but it was so friggin boring I never even completet the SP campaign

buzzcocks
06-22-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm a big GR/Ravenshield fan, I quite like GRAW but hate Lockdown. The graphics are nice, but the mp gameplay is awful - it's just a run + gun POS, you may as well play CS/HL2. I've got BF2 and that's far better than LD is. There are no patches and very few mp servers, even user-hosted.