PDA

View Full Version : Double Agent Voice Chat

MrBisto
01-09-2006, 11:36 AM
There was something that I was thinking about a few weeks ago that I have still seen no info on. Wondered if anyone here had any ideas or knew for sure what was happening in the new Splinter Cell.

For the versus mode, how will voice chat work? We know how it worked in the previous games and it was perfect. With the 360 though, how will they do it? With the way it is now, you would be able to open private chat and talk to your partner at ALL times. Also, in a private chat, spy traps/bullets usefullness would be halved as you would be able to avoid being caught out on voice comms.

Anyone know what is being done about this? Maybe someone from ubisoft has something they could tell us.....

MrBisto
01-09-2006, 11:36 AM
There was something that I was thinking about a few weeks ago that I have still seen no info on. Wondered if anyone here had any ideas or knew for sure what was happening in the new Splinter Cell.

For the versus mode, how will voice chat work? We know how it worked in the previous games and it was perfect. With the 360 though, how will they do it? With the way it is now, you would be able to open private chat and talk to your partner at ALL times. Also, in a private chat, spy traps/bullets usefullness would be halved as you would be able to avoid being caught out on voice comms.

Anyone know what is being done about this? Maybe someone from ubisoft has something they could tell us.....

braiog
01-09-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm not sure what will be done, but rest assured, NOBODY from Ubi will be contacting you, or even gracing their own official forums, to tell you otherwise.

InfectedAss
01-09-2006, 03:20 PM
good point. hopefully they'll make it so you cant private chat while in a ranked game. but then again, dead people have always talked to they're partern by muting and unmuting which they still havnt fixed.

Tdevil333
01-09-2006, 05:22 PM
I bet they will make it so Mercs couldn't talk to spies that way. And if they don't there will probably be a patch.