PDA

View Full Version : end patrol

mike_asi
02-14-2008, 03:35 PM
I have been dispatched from Brisbane. I have the newest sub. This is a patrol mission. Once the location grays out,it means mission complete. I cannot go to the port and it will not allow me to end patrol. What am I doing wrong?

mike_asi
02-14-2008, 03:35 PM
I have been dispatched from Brisbane. I have the newest sub. This is a patrol mission. Once the location grays out,it means mission complete. I cannot go to the port and it will not allow me to end patrol. What am I doing wrong?

Yooperbacker
02-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Hello Mike, I am not sure what you mean by you cannot go to the port. Are you saying you can go back to Brisbane and then it won't let you End Patrol? If so, have you gone to the clip board that shows up on the right hand side of the screen and see if it says you have another patrol to do. That maybe the reason you are not getting the end patrol available. If you are going to a different Port then the answers is, you can only refit in another port and can only end a Patrol at your main port. The port you are to return to has the slanted anchor as the icon in the map view. You see this icon if you have patch 1.4 installed. Let me know if this helps.

mike_asi
02-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks yoop. version 1.4. clip board says mission complete. back to brisbane cannot end patrol. no other missions.

Yooperbacker
02-15-2008, 09:14 PM
I am not that familiar with Brisbane as my home port but I would assume that once you got stationed there you stayed there till the end of the war, but I maybe wrong. If that is your home port and you can't End Patrol, I am not sure what is wrong. I am not that familiar with that happening but I am sure someone else I here will be able to help. Did you try going to the Find tab at the top of the page and type in "End Patrol" and see what it says?

roavmede
02-16-2008, 09:19 AM
I have the same issue. I am not able to end the patrol....

leviathIAN1972
03-17-2008, 02:49 PM
same problem here too did about eight missions then new sub available pressed yes ended up in brisban
first mission from brisban
deploy to palau islands completed
engage and destroy merchant shipping completed
patrol bismark sea completed with some help off here
returned to brisban and it wont end patrol
its patched to 1.4
all patrols completed if this is a bug its a big one and needs sorting only had it 2 days
DISSAPOINTED so far

nfitzsimmons
03-19-2008, 08:56 AM
FWIW, your currently-assigned base is the one on the map with the slanted anchor. I mention this because I was based out of Brisbane, but while on patrol I was re-assigned to a new base of operations at Milne Bay.

Keep in mind that I'm running TMO and RSRD, though.

jakeb11948
03-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi Mike,

Don't know if this will help but, I noticed shortly after leaving Brisbane -- I zoomed out to start plotting my course to the Bismark Sea -- when I noticed that the anchor had changed and was no longer the one depicting my home port. I started searching and found it on the other end of the continent. Try looking at Freemantle -- this also seemed to be the sub base in the old 'GATO' sub game.

Hope this helps

leviathIAN1972
03-21-2008, 04:50 PM
yep thanks moved to freemantle must be bad food/woman at brisban