PDA

View Full Version : Need help on TFT

OMK_Littlebeard
11-22-2004, 06:14 AM
OK, here's my problem.

I use a TFT monitor (Fujitsu Siemens S17-1), wich actualy give's great quality, and with its 17ms refresh rate is fast enough for IL2.

However, there is a stupid issue I cannot solve. There is an "energy saving-mode" witch shuts down the screen when no signal comes through.
It's impossible to get it going again afterwards, only a "hard" restart off the complete system helps when it occurs...
Strange enough, this only happens when playing FB, it even happens faster now with PF. Not during flight, but when using the menu's inbetween. (like when picking a mission or adapting controls)
I have tried a lot, like switching off energy saving within Windows, but that does not seem to help. I doen't seem to find a way to switch off this option in the menu's off the monitor itself. It's connected analogue, in case anyone would like to ask...

Any ideas???

Tks,

OMK_Littlebeard
11-22-2004, 06:14 AM
OK, here's my problem.

I use a TFT monitor (Fujitsu Siemens S17-1), wich actualy give's great quality, and with its 17ms refresh rate is fast enough for IL2.

However, there is a stupid issue I cannot solve. There is an "energy saving-mode" witch shuts down the screen when no signal comes through.
It's impossible to get it going again afterwards, only a "hard" restart off the complete system helps when it occurs...
Strange enough, this only happens when playing FB, it even happens faster now with PF. Not during flight, but when using the menu's inbetween. (like when picking a mission or adapting controls)
I have tried a lot, like switching off energy saving within Windows, but that does not seem to help. I doen't seem to find a way to switch off this option in the menu's off the monitor itself. It's connected analogue, in case anyone would like to ask...

Any ideas???

Tks,

dieg777
11-22-2004, 07:15 AM
Check all your cables are seated properly.
Might be a faulty cable
According to specs on web site this has DVI connection- use this if possible with video card.

handsome_dek
11-23-2004, 12:11 PM
Bump.
Anyone?

Petrosky
11-24-2004, 03:44 AM
go find the driver for this monitor it just might fix it. <S>