PDA

View Full Version : Have UU installed. Want ot install CC too. How?

Gormleigh
12-26-2005, 11:00 PM
I have UU running on my PC. My daughter and her Significant Other are running CC and I want to play along with them but not sacrifice my UU installation. (There's a New Year's Party coming up, after all!)

I cannt intall CC as it tells me there is another installation of Uru and shuts down. I've read other posts on this subject and the advice is to install in another directory. I'm never given this option when trying to install CC.

What am I missing?

Gormleigh
12-26-2005, 11:00 PM
I have UU running on my PC. My daughter and her Significant Other are running CC and I want to play along with them but not sacrifice my UU installation. (There's a New Year's Party coming up, after all!)

I cannt intall CC as it tells me there is another installation of Uru and shuts down. I've read other posts on this subject and the advice is to install in another directory. I'm never given this option when trying to install CC.

What am I missing?

ivanxuereb
12-27-2005, 12:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I cannt intall CC as it tells me there is another installation of Uru and shuts down. I've read other posts on this subject and the advice is to install in another directory. I'm never given this option when trying to install CC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Right click on the cd and select open. Find setup.exe and open it. Install normally.

Gormleigh
12-27-2005, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that as soon as I saw your reply but it doesn't work.

I still wind up at the same message that tells me I can't have them both installed. I'm then asked if I still want to install and when I click the 'yes' button, I'm dumped back onto the desktop.

Mr Zebe D
12-27-2005, 10:09 AM
What does your folder structure look like?

D:\Ubi soft\Until URU\etc for UU

D:\Ubi soft\Cyan Worlds\URU - Ages Beyond Myst\etc for the rest

I expect that you'll have to rename your top-level Cyan folder to UU before you try and install CC.

Gormleigh
12-27-2005, 10:31 AM
J:\Until Uru\

Want to install CC to:
I:\Program Files\Uru CC\

But I can't get to the step where I designate the drive/directory for the CC installation.

Heimdall_G
12-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Assuming you're running Win XP, try the following:
-- a. Reboot, and log into Windows with full Administrator privileges.
-- b. Close all open applications, and open a Windows Explorer session.
----- 1. Look for C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst. If it exists, rename it to something like C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\OLD_Uru - Ages Beyond Myst.
----- 2. Search all of your hard drives for \Uru - Ages Beyond Myst. Anywhere you find it, rename it.
----- 3. Look for C:\Program Files\Zero G Registry. If it exists, rename it to something like C:\Program Files\OLD_Zero G Registry.
----- 4. Search all of your hard drives for \Zero G Registry. Anywhere you find it, rename it.
----- 5. To make certain that you didn't miss any folders, go to wherever you found \Zero G Registry and double-click on .com.zerog.registry.xml to open it. All of the Uru install locations are listed.
----- 6. Rename J:\Until Uru to something like J:\OLD_Until Uru.
-- c. Close Windows Explorer.
-- d. Install CC, and reboot.