PDA

View Full Version : Guys Help plz!

S.a.S-SnakeBit
07-27-2005, 05:51 PM

x_raz0r
07-27-2005, 06:27 PM
I do, yeah... me and a friend ran an SCCT comp at a LAN we go to... and the way we decided who the winners were, if it was even like that, it was whoever did it the quickest, and if the time ran out on both rounds, then it was whoever got the most objectives that "won".

Worked quite well...
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Red_SoN
07-27-2005, 06:31 PM
3. I dont care

hey: f*ck what the others say, u know that ure better if ure better...doesnt really matter what theyre babbling does it?

P4ntherC.A.T.
07-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Lol, well I remember playing these couple of guys. They thought the same thing, that they were better. My partner and I took 1 objective and lost our spy round. When merc, we beat them but they got 2 objectives. Also we were lagging very much because the host was in finland, but he didnt care much that we were lagging. He said the same thing, that he was better because they got 2 as spy but still lost. I think that what matters is that we won our merc round they won theirs. Though it was extremly laggy.

But, it is also a strategy to let the spies go ahead and take some so that you dont have to worry about them. Like on club, if the spies get 2 upstairs and none downstairs, I usually go down and forget about the other protecting downstairs with my partner.

I feel that type of attitude they had was very arrogant and stuck up. I can't stand people like that.

S.a.S-SnakeBit
07-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Cat actually it was us[Me and solidus] We beated u both times [ took more objectives on your and ours servers] . Anyways i made this poll mainly couse of that game. O and btw about club bad idea learn to hold all becouse there are many maps where u cant just camp near nds.
Edit : The camping at Club wont help you much too ;(.
Edit 2 : I hosted from estland / estonia.

P4ntherC.A.T.
07-27-2005, 07:11 PM
You didn't beat us. Except on spy rounds. You didn't win your spy rounds either. You lost. Whoa you got 1 more nd. So what? Does it matter? We beat you in the end. I got some nice head snipes in that nasty *** lag. We both won 2 merc rounds each. You got one more nd total in spy rounds, don't you feel special. Like I said, I hate people with your type of attitude. And by the way, when we use that strat on club, we never lose. So um it does work, yeah that's right. You didn't take more on our server, you took the same.

S.a.S-Solidus
07-27-2005, 07:13 PM
btw,p4ntherC.a.T. Host was from estonia-Snakebit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

S.a.S-SnakeBit
07-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Most people who know me will say that i am not a ***gy person but u really piss me off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.Listen at your server we took 1 nd and you took 0 and at our server we took 2 almost 3 [ blex luckors ] and you took 1 couse well i wont explain why it can make my teamm8 feal bad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Edit: We won u 3rd time when u come with fakes. uzi+ sniper + your mines + same places + xfire info = we knew it have been u guys all along http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

suomursu
07-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by P4ntherC.A.T.:
You didn't beat us. Except on spy rounds. You didn't win your spy rounds either. You lost. Whoa you got 1 more nd. So what? Does it matter? We beat you in the end. I got some nice head snipes in that nasty *** lag. We both won 2 merc rounds each. You got one more nd total in spy rounds, don't you feel special. Like I said, I hate people with your type of attitude. And by the way, when we use that strat on club, we never lose. So um it does work, yeah that's right. You didn't take more on our server, you took the same.

Yes, you're right, they didn't beat you but they still WERE better than you as spies, no need to deny that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

weezer0w0
07-27-2005, 07:59 PM
i am definately with panther on this one. people who claim they won when they lost are sore losers. if you think you won because you got a single more objective than your opponent yet you actually lost then you need to take a step back from the game and let your ego rest. actually it doesn't matter how many you get, or how close you get to winning, if you lose than you lost the round.

for the sake of a tournament because of time constraints then there need to be rules guiding draws etc, but a casual splinter cell match is NOT a tournament. of course unless you're a rank ***** in disguise.

it sounds like you need to learn to accept defeat once in a while.

Yes, you're right, they didn't beat you but they still WERE better than you as spies, no need to deny that

while that may be true it would actually take more than 2 different rounds to sort that out. especially when it comes to playing opponents in other countries. the original poll question was "do you consider it a win?" and only someone with elephantitis of the ego would.
-g

MR.Mic
07-27-2005, 08:02 PM
I would never consider that a win. A loss is a loss as soon as you see the orange screen.

Panther and Weezer are definately in the right.

hurricane12222
07-27-2005, 08:07 PM
I wouldnt consider it a "win", but more as a mental win. Who would say they won when there lost. You should keep those imaginary wins or whatever and just keep them in your head or else you just going to make your self look stupid.

Spekkio9
07-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Ummm...yeah...if you lose, you lose. It doesn't matter how many objectives you get. If you don't get all the required ones or eliminate the other team, you lose.

You guys really sound like a bunch of whining little kids "I WON!" "NO YOU DIDN'T" "YES I DID!" "YOU CHEATED NO FAIR!" "NUH UH!"

Give it up. I mean, who cares really. It's a game you guys play for fun. There's no money on the line. There's no prize to be won. In the end it's just for fun.

P4ntherC.A.T.
07-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Sorry Spek, people with that attitude just get on my nerves. Btw, we never smurfed you and I don't have you as friends on xfire.

Spekkio9
07-27-2005, 09:43 PM
I understand how it can escalate...but just like Weezer had to give me a slap in the face and tell me I was being too much of a whining ***** about the shortfalls of SvM, you guys need a slap in the face about how you're acting like 5 year olds over something insignificant.

BooBerry.Ck
07-27-2005, 10:31 PM
<span class="ev_code_white">I agree that a loss is a loss. It doesn't matter if you have 2 nds and the last on 99 percent, while the other team didn't even touch one. Its a loss. However, for me personally, I like to set a goal to at least get more objectives to them. In the end it doesn't matter how you slice it, this game is still Merc dominated most of the time. So theres a good chance as spies your going to lose. So i'm just thinking, get as many objectives as possible, and don't worry about winning. Then if you get more then they do, its a mental win for you. But its still a loss, no matter what youg got . . . god i hope that made sense, beucase I'm confusing myself . . .

OMFGWTFBSBBQ CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

Bl1nder39
07-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Indeed a loss is a loos. Even if that means u left the last Objective on 99% and you needed 0.6 seconds to finish it you still loose http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Bagman.
07-27-2005, 11:23 PM
this is so easy. it says right at the end of a round....either it says you win, or you lose. thats the result, period.

everything else you just tell yourself to make yourself feel better.

weezer0w0
07-27-2005, 11:27 PM
bagman's nailed it on the head.
-g

RaisinBran.Ck
07-28-2005, 12:44 AM
No offense to anyone on this thread in intended, but both the creator and the subject of the thread are sounding like whiny, immature, 6 year olds. I held a higher regard for SaS and you CATs than that. At the end of the match, like Bagman. says, Win or Lose. If this was a tournament, it would be different, but it isn't, it's JUST A GAME AND I WISH EVERYONE WOULD STOP TAKING EVERYTHING ABOUT IT SO SERIOUSLY!!!! Go live real life and stop whining about a stupid video game!

Bagman.
07-28-2005, 12:54 AM
an approach one might try is to measure him or herself by themselves instead of others.
If I play well I'm happy, even if I lost a match. If I play bad, even if its a win in the end, I might be disappointed or frustrated even.
But, if it affects me having fun I can always stop playing and come back the next day.

Coming to the forum and publicly discussing who won against who is seriously sad. If all you play for is to be better than someone else than you kinda missed the point.

S.a.S-Mosar
07-28-2005, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Bagman.:
an approach one might try is to measure him or herself by themselves instead of others.
If I play well I'm happy, even if I lost a match. If I play bad, even if its a win in the end, I might be disappointed or frustrated even.
But, if it affects me having fun I can always stop playing and come back the next day.

Coming to the forum and publicly discussing who won against who is seriously sad. If all you play for is to be better than someone else than you kinda missed the point.

Well said. And you really can't play tell whos better and whos worse in this game because of several issues. If you think youre better than some one else, or think you won when you lost, I think its just best to keep it to yourself.

LuckyCharms.CK
07-28-2005, 05:43 AM
ok not that it matters cause it was UK playing vs NA players but i think it would be a win. seeing as mercs almost always win the only way we have of comparing whether or not someone is better or won is by how many objectives they got, admittadly most of it has to do with who made a mistake but lets be honest, mercs win a LOT. if i play 5 sets agaisnt some guys, mercs win every time but every game i got 2 more objective than them, im sorry but i won.

Bl1nder39
07-28-2005, 05:48 AM
Ok people lets just make it a end at here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

S.a.S-SnakeBit
07-28-2005, 07:31 AM
Well i get humiliated in every 2nd post [ being called a 5 year old].But clearly more people think that if u take more objectives your better.[look poll result and dont say anything] poll over

suomursu
07-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Well most of you guys are right, they did lose their spy round. But I suppose they're actually trying to say that they did better on spies than you, which is true.

S.a.S-Solidus
07-28-2005, 09:44 AM
yes thats true suomursu, but lets stop this **** topic everybody happy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

weezer0w0
07-28-2005, 02:52 PM
i actually think this is one of the more interesting topics to come up within the last few days. something that i've dealt with once or twice in game against a team personally, but never really seen it come up with the community as a whole.

But clearly more people think that if u take more objectives your better.[look poll result and dont say anything] poll over

you're right those polls are very scientific.[/sarcasm]

eitherway i guess you missed where most of the people that posted said that it would be ridiculous to gloat over a loss. imo if you'e considering yourself a better player for losing then you base too much of your personal esteem on the outcome of a game.

its one thing to think "yeah well at least we did better on our spy round." its another to tell the other team that they are worse than you because of those results. honestly did you miss the part where it said "You Lose" ..?

splitting hairs doesn't make for a friendly gaming atmosphere, and in the case that is being referred to (sas vs cat) they only played a few games because it seems like cat got fed up and didn't need to be harassed for winning on their merc round. maybe if the sas folks playing kept it to themselves and just enjoyed the matches vs good competition they could've gotten more games in. but i'm sorry getting 2 more objectives total in 2 different spy rounds does not give grounds for boasting a win.

lucky- what about a situation where you're playing a good team on three maps and you get 1 or 2 more objectives on each map. yet mercs technically win every round up until the next map where the other team successfully wins their spy round and their merc round? that doesn't really look like much of a good sport to be like "yah well we're better than you because we got more objectives overall." not really much of a way of keeping good teams to want to continue to play against you.

i really think this one is a non-issue when it comes to friendly, casual matches. if sas and cat went to a tournament and it came down to the final round and the winning team won because they hacked 1 more nd, then i would congratulate the winners and tell them that they won in a very close game. chances are a rematch would happen very soon at any rate.
-g

S.a.S-Mosar
07-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by weezer0w0:

its one thing to think "yeah well at least we did better on our spy round." its another to tell the other team that they are worse than you because of those results.

Exactly.

S.a.S-SnakeBit
07-28-2005, 04:15 PM
weezer0w0 ever had the feeling that your not always right becouse there are 14 players who voted otherwise?

MR.Mic
07-28-2005, 04:44 PM
For all we know, those votes are stacked.

Spartan_M.A.D.
07-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Whenever my partner and I are playing a good team and the game is getting intense, then yes, its satisfying to get more objectives than the other team. If both merc teams win, but we get 2 more obj. than they do, it gives us slight satisfaction. We still lose, of course, but I dont feel as dismayed with the loss.

You win some, you lose some, and some games are close. Thats the nature of this game. A loss is a loss, no matter how close.

weezer0w0
07-28-2005, 05:30 PM
weezer0w0 ever had the feeling that your not always right becouse there are 14 players who voted otherwise?

are you serious? what is it with people on the internet having discussions like little kids with their fingers in their ears...

snakebit your reply is neither insightful nor valuble. your poll means diddly squat. thats just a random yes or no question that can be clicked on 14 times by the same person who is interested in looking right, and willing to create 14 different forum accounts to do so.

snakebit- try respond to the discussion where people have posted thoughtful responses rather than just blindly looking at the result of a silly web poll and basing your argument entirely on that. i'm sorry that rational argument, discussion, or debate is beyond your scope of reason.
-g

ImportedSpy.CF
07-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I go by points like if i lose as spy but i totally took out one of the mercs and we had 2/3 objectives but the other guys that lost on spy had had like 0/3 objectives and like 1 or 2 necks and we both won our merc rounds. I'd say that i won because of the points but its not like i mention it in-game.

merc_vices
07-28-2005, 07:42 PM
It doesnt really matter to me. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. Im happy if it was a good gamehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dispatcher79
07-28-2005, 07:45 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH, thats what I just read. What it really boils down to......OPINIONS!!!

Now STFU and play!

ImportedSpy.CF
07-28-2005, 07:46 PM
MERC OF TEH VICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weezer0w0
07-28-2005, 09:11 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH, thats what I just read. What it really boils down to......OPINIONS!!!

isn't that all any of these threads and posts are. i mean thats what we're here to discuss, don't see the problem with posting opinions...
-g

LoS-CaRnAgE
07-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by RaisinBran.Ck:
No offense to anyone on this thread in intended, but both the creator and the subject of the thread are sounding like whiny, immature, 6 year olds. I held a higher regard for SaS and you CATs than that. At the end of the match, like Bagman. says, Win or Lose. If this was a tournament, it would be different, but it isn't, it's JUST A GAME AND I WISH EVERYONE WOULD STOP TAKING EVERYTHING ABOUT IT SO SERIOUSLY!!!! Go live real life and stop whining about a stupid video game!

the question is? r the CATs making a poll? R they complaining? Snakebit and Soldius r so worried about winning and losing, they decide to make this post. eventhough i strive to win, i just play it because its fun and i enjoy it. thats all said

Chairmaker-US
07-28-2005, 10:05 PM
OK... this whole topic smacks of denial. If you lose, you lose. Splitting hairs and quibbling over who got what; does not change the fact that you LOST. If you feel the need to validate your performance by dening what happened, how are you ever going to improve?

In college I once scored 6 goals in a lacrosse game; but, my TEAM lost. Did I say "Wow, I scored more goals then any other noob on the field.....I WIN!" Of course not. It's all about the scoreboard; my teamates and I lost and thats all there was to it. I could have boasted about scoring 6 goals and what a superior player I was...but, what good was that going to do our team. It certainly wasn't going to help us WIN our next game; which is of course the point of all this.

Rationalizing how well you did doesn't change the fact that you LOST. So, instead of focusing on how many objectives you got. Focus on why you didn't get the last objective for the victory. Attitude like that is the difference between being a WINNER and a LOSER.

So go ahead, be a LOSER. I'll stick with the 17 winners (the people who voted NO at the time of my post) who know the difference between victory and defeat.

Bagman.
07-28-2005, 10:12 PM
oh and btw - I didnt even vote. If I would have I would have voted its not a win. But I didnt, coz I seriously dont think its important what the outcome of such a poll is.

and sure, you might have done better than the other team. but that doesnt mean you ARE the better team.

and besides, like I said before, is it so important? What do you get if you're better? Chances are you never personally gonna see the other team. Hell I dont even think most people here ever will personally see their teammate.

So in the end all you get out of it is being able to say on an internet forum that you have done better in one round of CT.

Wow. Now thats impressive. and far better than just trying to have fun without having to shake your e-p3nis at someone.

weezer0w0
07-28-2005, 10:40 PM
So in the end all you get out of it is being able to say on an internet forum that you have done better in one round of CT.

Wow. Now thats impressive. and far better than just trying to have fun without having to shake your e-p3nis at someone.

if i knew anything about sports i'd say something here about how bagman just scored again. too bad he's not this lucky with the ladies. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

or is he? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

and sure, you might have done better than the other team. but that doesnt mean you ARE the better team.

well said.
-g

Bagman.
07-29-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by weezer0w0:
if i knew anything about sports i'd say something here about how bagman just scored again. too bad he's not this lucky with the ladies. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

or is he? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

hmmmm. considering I am married you could either say I am lucky with at least one lady, or you could say I got most unlucky with the ladies as can be. that wholly depends on your point of view. personally my view on it changes dynamically every few days or so http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Bl1nder39
07-29-2005, 01:02 AM
The marrage simply makes having sex with anyone else illigal

MR.Mic
07-29-2005, 01:47 AM
Notice how, umm..... Three people that voted yes bothered to post?
Yet almost everyone that voted no, posted away.

This poll reeks of stacking.

This is why im going on post opinions, not poll opinions here

So let's see the results...

[Poll-by-post]
3 - Yes
3 - Dont care
14 - no

S.a.S-SnakeBit
07-29-2005, 09:34 AM
Well thats why i hate posting at forums couse many people in this world have diferent opinions and when there opinion dosent seem to be the same as others they find escuses like *This poll is stacked* etc.You guys accuse me of having more then 1 acc ? You really think so ? I am not even active at forums just post 1ns in 2 months.
Edit : Yesterday it was something like 16-yes 8-no and now its 16 - yes 17 -no thats kinda strange dont you think?

Edit 2 :

-well said.

3 times in a row http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ? 1 time luck but 3 times i dont think so http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Josif Stalin said : 1 death is a tragedy but million deaths is a statistic .

weezer0w0
07-29-2005, 10:53 AM
no i don't think anyone actually accused you personally of stacking the poll. what we were doing is pointing out how a simple poll like that is the furthest thing from an objective statistic. there is no way you can base your answer on those simple numbers, just too easy to stack and the raw data means nothing. on the flip side when people post thought out discussions or opinions at least you can reply with something equally thought out rather than "well the poll says i'm right, so nyah!"

3 times in a row ? 1 time luck but 3 times i dont think so

Josif Stalin said : 1 death is a tragedy but million deaths is a statistic .

well 3 is a heck of a lot fewer than 1 million. if you beat them a million times i don't think anyone would be arguing this point. but consider it was 3 times that you LOST as opposed to winning i don't see how you're still claiming you're the winner.
-g

MR.Mic
07-29-2005, 11:27 AM
I say let this post die, all it is doing is letting Snakebit wave his e-phallus around and show everyone how huge it is.

S.a.S-SnakeBit
07-29-2005, 12:38 PM
I told to end this poll in one of my posts on the 2nd page but u didn't listen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

Chairmaker-US
07-29-2005, 02:00 PM
OK, Since we are talking about ending and who should be endng this thread.....

I will say this. This thread should have ended after my post at the end of page two. That post was the nuclear bomb that ended any further discussion. Any other posts have just been the mad, meanderings of the radiation sickened survivors(you mutated freaks STFU!), left alive from my nuclear fallout.

LOUD NOISES

weezer0w0
07-29-2005, 02:39 PM
This thread should have ended after my post at the end of page two. That post was the nuclear bomb that ended any further discussion.

yeah, your forum posts are like your farts: deadly. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Chairmaker-US
07-29-2005, 02:52 PM
You can't say the both of you weren't warned. Havoc dry heaving out the car window still brings tears.

Dougie_uk2005
07-30-2005, 06:40 AM
this forums turning into an internet chat room

dX.Gurgaue
07-30-2005, 10:22 AM
I thinks its a win but I dont go all yeehaa we won !!!

Bl1nder39
08-01-2005, 01:52 AM
"Picks uo his rifle" "puts the sniper on" "Headshots the Thread" Good Game Good Game everyone GG man GG

DucusSumus
08-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Chairmaker-US:
If you feel the need to validate your performance by dening what happened, how are you ever going to improve?

Rationalizing how well you did doesn't change the fact that you LOST. So, instead of focusing on how many objectives you got. Focus on why you didn't get the last objective for the victory. Attitude like that is the difference between being a WINNER and a LOSER.

Quoted for absolute truth. Very well put, Chairmaker.

There is an old expression that goes "close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades." This expression is true. It doesn't matter if you were 1 second away from getting all of the objectives on a map; you still lost. It DOES NOT MATTER how close you were. A loss is a loss. Instead of focusing on how much closer to victory you were than your adversary, which doesn't really make any difference, you should be thinking about how you can come away with a victory next time.

Originally posted by ImportedSpy.CF:
Yeah, I go by points like if i lose as spy but i totally took out one of the mercs and we had 2/3 objectives but the other guys that lost on spy had had like 0/3 objectives and like 1 or 2 necks and we both won our merc rounds. I'd say that i won because of the points but its not like i mention it in-game.
If you honestly think that the amount of necks you get makes ANY difference at all in a story game, you are absolutely wrong. That number is even less important than the number of objectives you get. Necks don't mean a thing if you can't use them to get objectives.

element54
08-01-2005, 10:56 AM
blahh blahh blahhh..... can't we all just get along. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Spekkio9
08-01-2005, 11:03 AM
But Trix, a desperation ledge grab in Orphanage can always make the loss a little sweeter http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif.

In reality though, other than laughing at the rare accomplishment of getting a ledge grab on a "pro" (note: Remmdog actually got Booberry, Trix's partner in crime), it does little to the actual outcome of the game. A loss is a loss.

cdrewsr388
08-01-2005, 03:14 PM