PDA

View Full Version : There will be blood?

sonnyrison
06-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Game looks good but,will it have fatal wound marks(blood)?

sonnyrison
06-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Game looks good but,will it have fatal wound marks(blood)?

chema64
06-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Not if they want to keep the teen rating.

Bigburito
06-03-2009, 10:36 PM
many teen rated games have blood. even just a blood mark on the character model like in golden eye would be nice since without the blood it just seems wrong. also wouldn't it be awesome if they decided to make this M and have dismemberments? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

chema64
06-04-2009, 12:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bigburito:
many teen rated games have blood. even just a blood mark on the character model like in golden eye would be nice since without the blood it just seems wrong. also wouldn't it be awesome if they decided to make this M and have dismemberments? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah decapitations would be a lot of fun! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

sonnyrison
06-04-2009, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sonnyrison:
Game looks good but,will it have fatal wound marks(blood)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>WE WANT BLOOD!WE WANT BLOOD!!(Say it with me)WE WANT BLOOD!!

jassem1981
06-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Blood marks sound good, but making the game M is over rating. The Wii is suppose to be a family consul, blood is pushing the limit for the families interest. But I think that the game should not have blood, we should leave that up to another game, where gore can be added.

chema64
06-04-2009, 07:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sonnyrison:
Game looks good but,will it have fatal wound marks(blood)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>WE WANT BLOOD!WE WANT BLOOD!!(Say it with me)WE WANT BLOOD!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mmmmmm blood. Mmmmm dismemberments. Mmmmm decapitations. Mmmm impaling. Mmmm I have to go play some more Madworld..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Bigburito
06-05-2009, 09:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Blood marks sound good, but making the game M is over rating. The Wii is suppose to be a family consul, blood is pushing the limit for the families interest. But I think that the game should not have blood, we should leave that up to another game, where gore can be added. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the wii is a family console which is exactly why this game need blood. if the wii is a family console it should cater to every member of the family and not just the young children and 17 and up! why can't there be a game for the 13-15 year old gamers in the family? If they aren't going to add blood to make it simple to keep a T rating why not go a bit further and try and get an E rating? make it so enemies are just "knocked out" and and your sword is made of foam and your gun fires marshmallows! the fact is that if they're going to make this cool interesting world that revolves around violence you kind of need to have some proof that it's actually a struggle for survival instead of simply the make believe world of a 4 yr. old...

I don't mean extreme blood flying everywhere though I just mean a little blood when you slash (just flies out of the wound for a half of a second until it goes off screen and disappears and a red mark where an "execution attack" hits)

orravan85
06-06-2009, 06:58 PM
yes i agree, if this is supposed to be a worthwhile adventure with an old western appeal. There is death, there is violence, there is desperation for survival, and an uncertainty of who are your allies. It is my opinion that the exclusion of the lack of any real exacting death is going to keep this from reaching its true potential. For example, i was intrigued, even excited to see the game play, but it quickly faded away with the realization that, like the previous game, there will be no blood. Finisher moves, that don't quite finish anything. Like a previous post, go with knocking the guy out and get a E rating, or go all the way and slice heads off and get a M. The in between violence is just so mediocre.

Bigburito
06-06-2009, 07:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by orravan85:
yes i agree, if this is supposed to be a worthwhile adventure with an old western appeal. There is death, there is violence, there is desperation for survival, and an uncertainty of who are your allies. It is my opinion that the exclusion of the lack of any real exacting death is going to keep this from reaching its true potential. For example, i was intrigued, even excited to see the game play, but it quickly faded away with the realization that, like the previous game, there will be no blood. Finisher moves, that don't quite finish anything. Like a previous post, go with knocking the guy out and get a E rating, or go all the way and slice heads off and get a M. The in between violence is just so mediocre. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

though an M rated version would be nice the way Wii M games are selling T is better for the company, but still that doesn't mean no blood, just simply add a little splatter when your sword connects and when you do "execution" moves. the no blood thing is a problem, it may not seem like something that would matter but it really does make a difference.

orravan85
06-07-2009, 05:42 AM
alright, not excessive blood. or over the top craziness that is madworld. But something,, i mean come on, i just sliced the guy with a katana. Or just shot him with an old western pistol. some splatter, something showing i didn't simply knock the guy out. All that was missing from the vid was little stars revolving around the guys head before he disappeared.

Raide
06-07-2009, 06:51 AM
A recent developer interview basically said no to blood. They said it would detract from the overall game, since people would focus more on trying to get outrageous and gory kills instead of actually playing the game and enjoying the story.

Bigburito
06-07-2009, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raide:
A recent developer interview basically said no to blood. They said it would detract from the overall game, since people would focus more on trying to get outrageous and gory kills instead of actually playing the game and enjoying the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

any chance you could post a link to the interview?

also wouldn't trying to do unique kills be playing the game? since when are we told not to be creative with the way we play? the overall reason to even have wii motion plus is to be able to use the wii creatively, if we're not supposed to try and make crazy creative kills with a game designed to give the player the ability to do so what's the point? to me this sounds more like a cop-out so that they can try to persuade us that it's not something that matters...

Coolgerb
06-08-2009, 11:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raide:
A recent developer interview basically said no to blood. They said it would detract from the overall game, since people would focus more on trying to get outrageous and gory kills instead of actually playing the game and enjoying the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is utterly pathetic. It would ENHANCE the story.

Raide
06-08-2009, 11:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coolgerb:

That is utterly pathetic. It would ENHANCE the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would have to know the story to know if adding blood and gore would enhance it or not.

The developers simply made a choice to not add blood and gore to the game, instead opting for an interesting story, new combat mechanics and stylish graphics.

Bigburito
06-08-2009, 06:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coolgerb:

That is utterly pathetic. It would ENHANCE the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would have to know the story to know if adding blood and gore would enhance it or not.

The developers simply made a choice to not add blood and gore to the game, instead opting for an interesting story, new combat mechanics and stylish graphics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but why can't they co-exist? adding simple blood effects isn't something that's difficult. heck I could probably even do it (you'd just have to code in a blood effect spawn and delete after around 1-2 seconds so that it has time to hit the ground or go out of view when the slice attack connects and causes damage) even though we haven't seen anything of the story simply looking at the art style, the characters, and the game world we have seen thus far shows a gritty story with lots of violence which would be enhanced by blood seeing as that's what mainly comes out of people when they get shot and sliced up.

sonnyrison
06-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Those are all some good arguments...some.Stylized graphics,motion sensor capability..take it to the limit!Or at least give the option,blood on blood off.Make it a parental discretion.Parental lock.A family game where you SHOOT and SLICE people.Come on.At least program the option.

Bigburito
06-09-2009, 01:52 PM
hmm...I just thought of something, shouldn't the game get a higher rating for not having blood? when a game has blood it shows what violence causes which can teach young people that gun violence isn't something to use to get what you want but when you don't have blood it shows young people that shooting someone in the face won't kill them or won't hurt thus making them more open to the use of gun and knife violence.

Kniightt
06-17-2009, 03:22 AM
We need an option where we can turn blood on/off. And in default is off.

Mammus
06-17-2009, 01:21 PM
I think the developers are right, gore has a tendency to make entertainment petty and hackneyed. I'm personally more interested in the world design, game play and story.

Bigburito
06-17-2009, 04:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mammus:
I think the developers are right, gore has a tendency to make entertainment petty and hackneyed. I'm personally more interested in the world design, game play and story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we aren't asking for gore, just a little blood. maybe some when you hit an enemy just a few drops, and some blood when you execute someone.

ibuchanan82
06-25-2009, 01:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> we aren't asking for gore, just a little blood. maybe some when you hit an enemy just a few drops, and some blood when you execute someone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your only asking for a tiny bit of gore, then why would it matter if it is there or not.
If you ask me this bloodlust is exactly the kind of thing that ubisoft is trying to dis-assosiate itself from.
i would almost bet on everyone here chanting for blood and gore to still be in school, and not legally aloud to buy M cert games (despite, im sure, being very mature for your age). Your blood lust is a mark of immaturity and one indulgance developers are increasingly growing hesitant to provide.
The best example is violent games like GTA in the press rescently as a teenager killed his brother for not letting him have a shot. unique case or not, developers are changing there approach.
Maturer gamers stop looking at trivial things like blood and concentrate on whats important, a good story, intuitive game mechanic and, and immersive graphics.

stop piping on about blood its childish

Ian

Bigburito
06-26-2009, 01:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ibuchanan82:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> we aren't asking for gore, just a little blood. maybe some when you hit an enemy just a few drops, and some blood when you execute someone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your only asking for a tiny bit of gore, then why would it matter if it is there or not.
If you ask me this bloodlust is exactly the kind of thing that ubisoft is trying to dis-assosiate itself from.
i would almost bet on everyone here chanting for blood and gore to still be in school, and not legally aloud to buy M cert games (despite, im sure, being very mature for your age). Your blood lust is a mark of immaturity and one indulgance developers are increasingly growing hesitant to provide.
The best example is violent games like GTA in the press rescently as a teenager killed his brother for not letting him have a shot. unique case or not, developers are changing there approach.
Maturer gamers stop looking at trivial things like blood and concentrate on whats important, a good story, intuitive game mechanic and, and immersive graphics.

Ian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just a little blood so that you can accurately differentiate from a hit and a miss, and if they are trying to pull away from bloodlust then why include execution attacks in the game? it's like being given a steak but no steak sauce. as for your idea that we want the game to have blood because we aren't the proper age to buy M rated games I am 17 and I've been playing M rated games for 5+ years, I've got lots of gore but that not what I want from this I just want (specifically for the execution attacks) proof that you did anything (as of the E3 videos it has no effect what-so-ever which leaves you watching as your sword casually floats through your enemy instead of hurting them.

also that case where the kid shot the other kid is NOT because of the game. It's bad parenting,
1. not governing what the kids were playing
2. teaching them the dangers of gun and knife violence
3. leaving a gun where a kid could get it.
the TV shouldn't be the main point of learning

also if you don't like us "piping on about blood" then don't go into a thread called "will there be blood".

oromis107
06-29-2009, 07:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ibuchanan82:
Ian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its stupid people like that teenager that ruin the world. And I'm almost 100% sure that it wasn't just because of the violent video games he plays.2 more points to point out,

This game is rated T, that means blood is allowed to a certain extent. RS2 should push it's game to the limits of it's rating. If they don't, it doesn't matter, because there ARE violent games out there. Just because one game isn't violent doesn't mean that people are going to stop buying GTA and L4D.

Think about this. If that guy killed his brother on purpose because he didn't get a shot, he was stupid, or mentally ill, or really hated his brother. So what if he played Red Steel and there was no blood? "Oh my, no blood? That must not hurt at all. Now I can stab my brother with a kitchen knife, and no blood will come out, and he will be fine!"

Bigburito
06-29-2009, 08:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">guy killed his brother on purpose because he didn't get a shot, he was stupid, or mentally ill, or really hated his brother. So what if he played Red Steel and there was no blood? "Oh my, no blood? That must not hurt at all. Now I can stab my brother with a kitchen knife, and no blood will come out, and he will be fine!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just played The Conduit and it has blood, and it's T, and it's selling quite well (it was in 8th place for amazons wii games sales and it came out half way through the week)

TheCrocster
07-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Blood, please, I mean the original Resteel was good, but this looks amazing, and as mentioned a splatter of blood would be a nice touch, instead of giving it that 16 marking(atleast here in Norway) give it an 18 and if time passes, let the enemys you'v already killed, just lay there bleeding slowly and add a bit of grusomeness with a couple of vultures and desert rats nibbling at the dieing/dead corpses as the enemy lies there ina pool of blood and just to make it even more insane, why not sword marks and bullet marks show, that would be impressive!

sonnyrison
07-27-2009, 12:45 PM
It was posted today on IGN that Red Steel 2 will not be released for the Christmas season as previously set for business reasons.Great!!This gives them time to add tweaks such as...BLOOD!!
Also,ladies and gents,the discussion of violent videogames,their influence on youth,society ,who is the blame is not the reason that I originally posted the question.I am a responsible gamer,emphasis on RESPONSIBLE.I grew up in an era where violence on television was as common as breathing.Bugs Bunny,Three Stooges,Tom and Jerry were my Saturday morning viewing pleasure with a healthy dose of martial art flicks thrown in. for flavor.This was at the age of 8.I never wanted to shoot my sister with a shotgun to see if her mouth would spin around to the back of her head,I never tried to poke my cousins eyes out with my two fingers ala Moe from the Three Stooges,I never tried to ride my bike so fast from the top of a garage to see if I could defy gravity and hover.I knew/know better.I knew/know the difference between fantasy and reality.I knew/know that a person/being does not have to bleed to die and I knew/know that saying"sorry" does not bring the dead back to life.I agree with guy,bad parenting killed that child.That kid who killed his brother because of what he saw was in need of help much earlier than when that incident happened.No one wakes up and decides that I will re-enact Ninja Gaiden,Tenchu,GTA,L4D.Those individuals who perform those destructive acts had those tendencies for a long time.Before the blame was comic books,music and movies.If video games are the blame for these homicidal tendencies,there should be some kids in a sewer with fake mustaches,jumping on turtles and collecting stars looking for a little princess.
I would like to have blood in the game so that I can have the feeling that the ANIMATED CHARACTERS that I am PLAYING against have been eliminated.And unlike REAL LIFE,if I feel SORRY that I KILLED them,I will restart the game.

Ximmon8
08-18-2009, 11:38 AM
the idea of blood would be great it's not really pushing the limit look at mad world that's almost gorier and more fatal than MK Armadeggon I mean my gosh the whole game is in black and white the only thing with color is the blood I loved redsteel 1 but I did wish I could slice an ninja into pieces. But I did understand the story very well so mabye raide is right.

mynameiswalter
08-19-2009, 01:40 AM
honestly i don't care about blood, like they say this guy is like mr. pure clean-o, experienced swordsman, he goes for precision, not crazy blood thirsty slashing!

Bigburito
08-19-2009, 03:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mynameiswalter:
honestly i don't care about blood, like they say this guy is like mr. pure clean-o, experienced swordsman, he goes for precision, not crazy blood thirsty slashing! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he doesn't look like an experienced swordsmen, an experienced swordsmen wouldn't use a gun at all (it goes against bushido I believe) he's more of an amateur who had to learn the blade and gun to survive...

leftright5
08-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Could someone please tell me what the "red" in "Red Steel" is symbolic of, if not blood? What is the friggin point of giving it that name if the whole thing is a bloodless affair?

UGH!!!!

Give us blood or change the title...

sonnyrison
08-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Hey,they are "tweaking" RedSteel2 for the 2010 release.They amped the AI,better character design and even tighter control.Keep requesting blood in the game,it will be in there for the release.They are moving in that direction.There will be blood.There will be blood.There will be blood.Say it with me,There will be blood.There will be blood.

Fender0
08-26-2009, 11:22 AM
You sound like a mentally-insane person when you say that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bimbo11991
08-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Instead of chanting "there will be blood", I would chant "there will be multiplayer, a long story, and great playability". If you have enough time to keep chanting that.

cpothier
08-26-2009, 11:38 AM
BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Bigburito
08-26-2009, 02:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cpothier:
BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed, and even if they don't have blood I'm sure another developer will make a nice gory FPS (First-Person-Slasher! :P) which will more than likely get my money!

mynameiswalter
08-26-2009, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bigburito:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cpothier:
BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed, and even if they don't have blood I'm sure another developer will make a nice gory FPS (First-Person-Slasher! :P) which will more than likely get my money! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its just like the conduit, after the conduit developers a starting to make better shooting games, after RS2 devs with start make better sword style games.

sonnyrison
08-27-2009, 04:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fender0:
You sound like a mentally-insane person when you say that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You make it sound as if it is a bad thing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Fender0
08-28-2009, 09:22 AM
And you're sounding like you're trying to make a bad joke!

sonnyrison
09-08-2009, 12:20 PM
By the time this game is released in Q1 of 2010,it will have blood.Multiplayer will be next with online play,Red Steel 3.

bimbo11991
09-08-2009, 12:29 PM
If this game ever gets pushed into having an Mature rating, then it should definitely have blood. Multiplayer is more important to me and many others, though. They have the capability and the time to add multiplayer and the sales would obviously increase. It's all up to Ubisoft, now.

mynameiswalter
09-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Just read a new RS2 article at IGN there's definitely not gonna be multiplayer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

bimbo11991
09-09-2009, 05:57 AM
post a link.

bimbo11991
09-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Never mind, I read the article.
Yes, no multiplayer does suck. And then he talks about taking the game to other systems. How is this helping? Red Steel should remain on Nintendo platforms exclusively or the Wii version will turn out like The Force Unleashed on the Wii. It is no secret that third party companies care less about quality on the Wii compared to other platforms.

mynameiswalter
09-09-2009, 03:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bimbo11991:
Yes, no multiplayer does suck. And then he talks about taking the game to other systems. How is this helping? Red Steel should remain on Nintendo platforms exclusively or the Wii version will turn out like The Force Unleashed on the Wii. It is no secret that third party companies care less about quality on the Wii compared to other platforms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bimbo11991:
Yes, no multiplayer does suck. And then he talks about taking the game to other systems. How is this helping? Red Steel should remain on Nintendo platforms exclusively or the Wii version will turn out like The Force Unleashed on the Wii. It is no secret that third party companies care less about quality on the Wii compared to other platforms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So sorry forgot to post it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

I Know I was disgusted when I read that. All Jason Vandenberg ( however you spell his lastname ((if that is his last name)) (the guy with the beard) ever talks about is how he wanted to make the game feel like when you where a little kid and you swung a stick around in the backyard.

HOW??? are you gonna get THAT feeling on xbox or PS3 HOW??? I guess when friggin natal comes out they'd do it or something.

I just feel so betrayed and used, thanks alot Jason V.

I still can't wait

bimbo11991
09-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I know that Jason has let us all down with his answers, but I would like some good news. He could say that the Red Steel franchise will always release on Nintendo platforms(if not exclusively) or that they are strongly considering DLC. That would brighten up my day.

mynameiswalter
09-10-2009, 01:45 AM
I know that Jason has let us all down with his answers, but I would like some good news. He could say that the Red Steel franchise will always release on Nintendo platforms(if not exclusively) or that they are strongly considering DLC. That would brighten up my day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine too...

I just wish that they'd suprise us with friggin online multiplayer

Bigburito
09-10-2009, 04:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mynameiswalter:
I know that Jason has let us all down with his answers, but I would like some good news. He could say that the Red Steel franchise will always release on Nintendo platforms(if not exclusively) or that they are strongly considering DLC. That would brighten up my day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine too...

I just wish that they'd suprise us with friggin online multiplayer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

online multiplayer would not work with Red steel 2's swordplay, even the tiniest of lag would throw the game off completely (it just won't work well)

bimbo11991
09-10-2009, 06:09 AM
I really don't think that that would be too much of a problem. Control input is transfered very quickly, no matter the method of input. Good servers could run it. Offline would be acceptable, though.

driveby012
09-10-2009, 01:36 PM

Mine too...

I just wish that they'd suprise us with friggin online multiplayer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

online multiplayer would not work with Red steel 2's swordplay, even the tiniest of lag would throw the game off completely (it just won't work well) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now thats BS. Just spend some money for dedicated servers, and the lag is not an
issue. It would be totally doable.
There is no technical reason for Online not being included other than budget restraints.

bimbo11991
09-10-2009, 02:29 PM
If Call of Duty 4 can have matches of 50 players with little to no lag, then I think a four player online match would be possible. Don't under-estimate the technology of today.

Bigburito
09-10-2009, 08:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by driveby012:

Mine too...

online multiplayer would not work with Red steel 2's swordplay, even the tiniest of lag would throw the game off completely (it just won't work well) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now thats BS. Just spend some money for dedicated servers, and the lag is not an
issue. It would be totally doable.
There is no technical reason for Online not being included other than budget restraints. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dedicated servers are far more expensive than you seem to believe (servers can be upwards of $3000) and again while small amounts of lag can be dealt with in a normal FPS where they've had over fifteen years to perfect it while this requires far more precision and hasn't had very long to create a way to correct lag.

If Call of Duty 4 can have matches of 50 players with little to no lag, then I think a four player online match would be possible. Don't under-estimate the technology of today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the difference between Xbox and Wii are numerous:
1. they charge money for it thus they can afford to continue to support their servers since it is continually giving them money
2. xbox connections are generally wired so the connection speeds are much better than wifi (even if you were to connect your wii with ethernet cable everyone else is still using wifi so it will still be slower)
3. xbox doesn't have to transfer complex motion controls (for WM+ every movement is precise, the sword swings and attacks are always changing pace erratically while the xbox controls usually have only a specific range where it can be, thus the servers have to input less data and thus run better and more smoothly.)

bimbo11991
09-10-2009, 08:52 PM
I was talking PC. You don't have to pay to play. As long as your connection speed is fast enough, wifi is the same as a wired connection.

Bigburito
09-12-2009, 12:43 PM
I was talking PC. You don't have to pay to play. As long as your connection speed is fast enough, wifi is the same as a wired connection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wifi is the same as a wired connection except it's far slower. the average wifi connection is probably about 10 times slower than the average wired connection (wifi connection can probably only go about 20Mb a second if you have the most expensive connection at best while a wired connection in many places can go at upwards of 100Mb a second) the fact is that transmitting via wifi just isn't enough to handle that much data so it's not going to run well which will be looked down upon by reviewers...

sonnyrison
09-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Whoa!
Ya'll are getting ahead of yourselves.In the article,he states no multiplayer,NEXT TIME,he ppromises.They have to have something to offer.They need to build the audience.if the fgame doesn't sell well,that would be a waste of money for servers.As of now ,there is one protagonist.Mutiplayer ,now, for what?Who would you fight?They have to have a reason to offer multiplayer.
To comment on his reason on why there is no blood in Red Steel 2,"He says the reason there are not blood sprays and disembowelments in Red Steel 2 is because he does not think an abundance of blood from severed limbs and whatnot is heroic".
It is a lawless setting!You have a gun AND a sword!You aren't shooting to wound!You are not slicing to inflict a paper cut!You are not having a verbal,intellectual debate during a boss fight about their immoral actions or giving a psychoanalysis as to why they have chosen the path of immorality!
It is a game about killing!Wyatt Erp didn't wound,Oda Nobunaga did not win by delivering paper cuts!Heroic.If your are gonig to go that route,give him an heroic option.Don't kill and you get more points,better swords,guns.Townspeople start to come out and fight along side you.You inspire them!If not...give us blood.

bimbo11991
09-14-2009, 12:06 PM
To BigBurito:
I do agree that Wifi is slower than wired internet, but not by how much you say. Wifi cuts the speed in about half. That still leaves a decent speed for a game. The highest speed that is recommended for a game I know of is 256kb/s for Crysis.

Bigburito
09-14-2009, 07:42 PM
To BigBurito:
I do agree that Wifi is slower than wired internet, but not by how much you say. Wifi cuts the speed in about half. That still leaves a decent speed for a game. The highest speed that is recommended for a game I know of is 256kb/s for Crysis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but this isn't on the PC (on the PC for most games you connect straight to the other person without the need of a 3rd party service so you get lower connection speed requirements, on consoles where they go thorough a secondary service which is a bandwidth hog (Xbox live especially) if I try running any torrents while playing xbox (even with the lowest cap possible) it will lag and I've got a 34MB download speed with a 21.4 MB upload speed (pretty much the fastest I could possibly get in the area) and since wifi is at least 50 percent slower it still requires a LOT of bandwidth and thus even a simple 2-player fighting game like boudokai 3 on wii lags into infinity!